My poor little pug, Cassie gave me a huge scare today. I take her and Graham to the dog park every Sunday at around 10:00 AM and today there was the average crowd of about 20-25 dogs. After only about 20 minutes or so in the park, Cassie walked too close to a tennis ball that a VERY possessive yellow lab wanted to play with. Cassie was attacked. She's usually really tough and can handle alot of dogs tripping and stumbling over her, but today that dog must have gotten her in a very sensetive spot and Cassie began bleeding profussely from her nose and mouth. She then started choaking on her blood and she had to really work for a gasp of air. I don't think I have ever been so terriried. I thought she was going to suffocate in my arms. The owner of the dog who attacked Cassie offered to drive me to emergency and so off we went. What a rough day! Cassie is probablly going to be ok but she is confined to cage rest now so she does not start bleeding alot again. The owner also paid for Cassies bill which was $125...I am just glad she is still with me. I was so terrified

I just wanted to share with you today's scary experience and to have everyone wish me luck with Cassie. She's in her little carrier and the pillow she has in it is soaked in blood so I am still very worried. The vet said that if the bleeding does not stop that I have to take her in and she has to be anesthetized and they have to make sure she does not have a more serious problem My poor little girl. I always thought she was the roughest, toughest little dog but she's not as tough as I thought. I just hope this experience does not traumatize her and she still enjoyes playing with the other dogs in the dog park.