Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does your cat snore?

Does your cat snore?

Do any of you have a cat that snores? My cat Pepper does. His nose used to just whistle occasionally but I caught him snoring today. He is a large cat 17lbs. I wonder if it's because he's a little overweight. Sometimes his snoring or whistling will wake me up at night. Is there anything I can do?

Out of 4 cats, two of mine snore. Leroy and Luke. Luke is the champion snorer. He gets in the window behind my computer and snores his head off. I have to put a music CD in to drown him out. The only way to stop him is wake him up and make him move. Mean Mommy!!!!

Both my cats occasionally make little snuffling noises when they are sleeping, but a cat snoring loud enough to wake tpu up sounmds a bit scary!

I think it might be worth taking your cat to the vet and having him checked out. He may have some sort of obstruction which makes breathing difficult when he is asleep.

Niether of my 2 snore, but my Liza (RB) did when she got older- I think she stsrted doing it around the age of 10 or so.

I wonder if they make breath-rite strips for cats?

Former User Guest
    Casper snores every now and then, but it's not loud enough to wake us up....Sounds so cute when he's snoring

sounds like Sydney !!!

Hahaha this sounds familiar to me !!!!
    During the day , I never hear that snorring sound ...
    But in the evening , as he is really fast asleep on my lap , oh my ... snorrs even harder than I .....

and ... he is also "a little" overweight too ... LOL

None of mine snores, except once in a great while. But then, none of my indoor 9 are more that 2 years old. After reading the posts on this thread, it could very well be that snoring is reserved mostly for older and overweight felines.

...........wayne
    Last edited by wayne0214; 05-15-2002 at 06:17 PM.

i have an only cat, and he makes soooooo much noise when he sleeps!!! he makes these grunting noises and whistles lol...

Milo snores (quietly) and has since we got her.... Max kinda does, it's more of a whistle and PepperAnn being the lady she is doesnt make a peep

~~~Rachel in Alaska
    Mom to "Max, Milo and Pepper Ann" 11.5 month old Teenagers

http://www.pbase.com/alasknmom/kittens/
    updated 10/30/02

wayne !!

hey Wayne !!!!
    Thanks for calling me and me cat "older felines"

sydney is only 2 (not yet) ; and me ??? well 45 ......

lut, thanks for your "kind reply" If your cats are 2 years and older, then they are older than most of mine. However, I am older than most of the Pet Talkers here! Yet, I have not heard any of my furkids complain if I snore! (which I don't believe that I do anyway.) LOL, lut.

........wayne
    Last edited by wayne0214; 05-15-2002 at 06:20 PM.

I've never heard my cats snore, but Tilly tends to let out a really long, contented sigh when she is just falling asleep! AWW!

My parents cat, who is terribly overweight even though they have tried all kinds of weight loss stuff, snores really loud.. its really funny!

As for my house, I would have to say that I'm the noisy sleeper.. I snore, and I'm not ashamed to say so! Mostly because I couldn't hide it if I tried!!

Tubby snores, but Peanut is just way too feminine to allow such an indignity. I have to admit though that Tubby has just started snoring in the last couple of years, which puts him in the "older and overweight" department. Sorry Lut. And also, before it turned into a full blown snore, he would "whistle" now and then when he was sleeping. So cute.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Yes, my Trey(female) cat is obese and getting old. She snores so loud it competes with the tv programs, but is okay. She didn't start it until she was about 10 and started becoming less active.

Just like people like me. I'll never tell. ;0
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I loved reading: Cat Stories by James Herriot who wrote the All Creatures Great and Small series.

My cat Pickle snores and makes little squeaky noises in her sleep, sometimes her paws start thrashing about! I think she's dreaming about chasing butterflies (one of her favourite pastimes). She's 7, so not that old, and probably a bit on the cuddly side!