Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Big Dogs!

I like Big Dogs too There big,lovible,and cuddily I used to have a big German Shepard who we had to put to sleep because of Hip Displeasha at 12 years old

The only thing wrong with big dogs are there hip promlems.

Big dogs rule!! I have two rescued German Shepherd Dogs-1 male, 110lbs. and 1-female, 95lbs. I've also owned a Great Pyr and another large-boned GSD!
    Su

Here is one more vote for big dogs.My first Golden Retriever was 90 lbs.My second 85 lbs.
    The one I have now is around 70 lbs.Her weight goes up and down depending on how many treats she had the week we go to the vet. I think the bigger they are, the more they believe they are lap dogs.

I love big dogs. In my opinion, little yappin ankle biters are almost worthless. I have 2 dogs, Jake (Doberman Pinscher) and Lucy (Rottweiler). The love and loyalty that those two dogs show are unmatched by anything I have ever seen. They are a pretty good burglar deterrent too. (Would you break into a house where a dobe and a rott lived?) If you are going to own a dog, may as well get one that's good for something.
    But no matter how big they get, (Jake is about 90 lbs) they still think they will fit on your lap!!!

I sure do love my 2 Golden Retrievers. One is smaller, about 55 pounds, and the other is about 85 pounds! They are so special and loving. This morning, I went to wake up my 10 year old daughter, and there was Lilly with her head stretched across Helen's stomach, sleeping, with Honey at the foot of the bed. They are so protective and wonderful to have around. Yeah for Golden Retrievers!

My big yellow lab, Paris, was my first big dog - we got him from the pound and a sweeter, mush-face you'd never meet! Unfortunatly, at the grand age of 13 his kidneys failed and this past Sept. 5 we had to put him down - I miss his big bubba face. But, oddly enough - my Mom had a Shih Tzu dropped at her house (she's involved with animal rescue groups) and Nikki came to live with us back in May. My husband, who always swore that he'd never have a yappy, ankle biter is now in love - she's so happy and fluffly and sweet - always talking but rarely barks. I have clients that come to my home and Nikki just snuggles right up to them. With Cheyenne, my Choc. Lab at their feet and Nikki on their lap - we call them the therapy puppies. We'll get another Yellow Lab someday, but in the mean time my two girls help to mend our broken hearts - and they do a wonderful job.

------------------
    Carol L. Lambe
    Career & Personal Development Coach
    Voice: (203) 746-7474
    Fax: (203) 746-6883
    Email: [email protected]

I also love big dogs I own a 120lb GSD/Akita mix, A Rotty/Alstralian Shphard mix who weights 100lb, and A Rotty/Border collie who weights 60lbs. Yep I love BIG dogs

I must say I am more partial to the bigger dogs. I have an Australian Shepherd/Blue heeler mix who is just a pup but will get bigger. I would love to have a Dogue de Bordeaux (French mastiff). A Dogue de Bordeaux is the dog from the movie TURNER AND HOOCH. I also like Spanish mastiffs, Great danes, Greyhounds, Pit bull terriers, and Salukis.

Well, gots to go,
    ~~**RACHEL**~~

I have 2 dogs.They are Drake(Lab)and Harley(great dane). But I still think G Spepards are the best!!!!!

Gots Ta Go
    ****G_Shepardlover****

I have 2 dogs.They are Drake(Lab)and Harley(great dane). But I still think G Spepards are the best!!!!!

Gots Ta Go
    ****G_Shepardlover****

Gots Ta Go
    ****G_Shepardlover****

I went to the Humane Society about a year ago looking for a small dog, when this beautiful red fawn greyhound looked @ me such sweet eyes, my heart melted and 3 days later, she came home with me. She has such a sweet face that even when she is bad I can't be mad @ her!!! My mom can't understand why there is a house pony in her house when she visits! My dad jokes that he always wanted a horse but now he has one that can come in the house.
    Shaianne loves to go riding in the car and takes up the whole back seat. She loves visiting grandpa's house and just spending time with grandpa and mom.
    I never thought I would have a 65lb greyhound but now I can't imagine life without her!!

A big dog is my absolute favorite kind of dog, especially a Rottweiler and a German Shepherd!
    Lara

[email protected]

This is Kendall2 in disguise (I'm at work). Since the last time I posted we have inherited yet another dog. We now have five. We added George (a hound mix)to the menagerie. So now Sox, Tigger, Shawna, and Jazzy have another brother. George was dumped in our neighbor's yard and they couldn't keep him because they have a very dog aggressive Amstaff, so we said we would keep him until the owner showed up...guess what? the owner never showed up!! lol So I guess I really do fit in the big dog category...George is supposed to be about 60-80 pounds full grown...he's 4 1/2 months now.