Thread: more bunny questions

more bunny questions

My friends female bunny has started, once again, to pull fur out. She seems otherwise healthy (although she hasn't been "fixed" yet) is eating and pooping well and getting plenty of exercise and has lots of toys etc to play with. Can bunnies be allergic like some dogs, cats and humans? Do buns need shots? Never having had a bun I can't give an educated answer but my friend here at work asked me to ask my "bunny friends" Thanks for any advise.

Laurie

Gotta get that bunny fixed

It is important to fix the bunny.....even if you are no where near a male bunny. My bunnies pull their hair out all the time. I usually groom them more often when they start that.

Female bunnies use their hair to line the nest for when they give birth......so your friend's bunny may be preparing, just in case she would have the big date with a male bunny...... getting her fixed would probably resolve the big problem........

Hope this helps.

Spaying and neutering is so important!

Quote Originally Posted by sasvermont
    It is important to fix the bunny.....even if you are no where near a male bunny. My bunnies pull their hair out all the time. I usually groom them more often when they start that.

Female bunnies use their hair to line the nest for when they give birth......so your friend's bunny may be preparing, just in case she would have the big date with a male bunny...... getting her fixed would probably resolve the big problem........

Hope this helps.

Spaying and neutering is so important!
    If you girls are fixed they shouldnt be doing that, unless they arent then youd be going against your own word.
    But other then that what youv'e said is what I'd say too, she might be having a false pregnancy
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

My bunnies are fixed

BC,

My bunnies are fixed. Have been for years. They both still pluck their fur at least twice a year. What they don't do is make a nest. They are merely grooming themselves. That's all. What's with that comment anyway?

SAS

I think it may be false pregnancy. Sounds like it to me.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Quote Originally Posted by sasvermont
    BC,

My bunnies are fixed. Have been for years. They both still pluck their fur at least twice a year. What they don't do is make a nest. They are merely grooming themselves. That's all. What's with that comment anyway?

SAS
    theres a BIG difference between "plucking" and pulling out fur , when a rabbit pulls out its fur its making a nest for something, plucking could mean they are taking out excess hair or shedding there winter/summer coats wich is probly why yours do it twice a year..summer coat , winter coat. You didnt say wethere yours were fixed or not how am I supposed to know..
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee