Thread: Buster

Buster

Three years ago I went with some friends to the Human Society to see a dog they had heard about. He turned out to be a 9 year old keeshound who was drooling because his teeth were so bad. The HS was not going to do anything for him so I adopted him. $200 dollars of dental work later my dog Lucky and I had a sweet and funny companion. He had a great sense of humor and quickly became a sweetheart.

A week ago he got into the cats food and got an upset tummy. He had been off and on his feed since. Thursday night he started to throw up. Friday morning I called the vet from work. Friday when I got home from work he was very weak and dehydrated. I took him in.

After a bunch of tests and x-rays the vet discovered he had a mass in his belly that was bleeding and the blood work showed he most likely had cancer. As fast as he had gone down the bet did not think he'd make it through any surgery and since the mass seemed to have effected his liver and kidneys could he have any quality of life if it even was removeable. The vet said this sort of thing often doesn't show in the dog until it is too late to do anything.

So I held my Buster-Boo while the drugs to put him down took effect. He went peacefully.

He was only with me for 3 years (he'd been given away twice before in his life) but he was and is very loved by Lucky and I and will be missed.

My heartfelt sympathies to you, Mom of Buster What a special boy your Buster Boo was and how blessed was he to have known your love and devotion and you, his. Not everyone is willing or able to open up their hearts to a senior but you are one of those extra special ones. In the few years you were together, Buster knew more love and happiness than many animals know in a lifetime and it's clear how he graced your life, just by being Buster. Play hard at the Bridge dear Buster and wait patiently there for your Mom until that happy day when you and she are reunited in love.
    Love,
    Sandra

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

I am so sorry to hear about Buster. I'm glad he lived a wonderful three years with you! My heart goes out to you.
    My Shiloh had cancer and only lived two weeks after diagnosis. They are so strong and stoic that by the time they show symptoms, it is often too late.
    Hugs.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Thank you for the kind words. Buster was a special boy.... He would do this excited bounce when he knew a dog cookie was coming...sort of like a lowrider car and he learned to do it when we sang low rider for him. (of course there was always a prize for the puppy)