Thread: Who licenses dog trainers?

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by agilityk9trainer
    Thank you. And I agree that Caseysmom's dogs are probably quite bright.
    Agilitytrainer- you have shelties- and they are know for intellegence in the "dog world". Were you NOT able to train them by your self, you would look for a multi facet trainer- would you not? Because the breed is known for high intellegence - yes you would.
    Same with shepherds etc. As a trainer needs to be on different levels for the highest of performance. Your experience with a high intellegent breed - would make you look for this right??? Thats the point- .. that doesnt mean caseymom doesnt have a smart breed- I do not even know what breed she has- but had she have a "intellegent breed" she would look for a multi facet trainer. Just like someone with border collies etc.
    I do not know caseysmom at all. Never heard anything positive for me to look into it, but thats the point. Certain breeds need more stimulation than others- and thats a fact as you well know..

nachos if anyone wants them. The bar is now open.. but I do not have much- anyone care to contribute???

Quote Originally Posted by borzoimom
    nachos if anyone wants them. The bar is now open.. but I do not have much- anyone care to contribute???
    Please don't hijack the thread with nonsense!!!!!!!!!!!
    To train a dog you have to think like a dog!

Pt way of handling stress- want some pizza???

Pt way of handling stress- want some pizza???
    I asked you nicely and I'm asking again. Please stop the nonsense!

If you have nothing more to contribute that's fine, but please show a little common courtesy!
    To train a dog you have to think like a dog!

Agilitytrainer- you have shelties- and they are know for intellegence in the "dog world". Were you NOT able to train them by your self, you would look for a multi facet trainer- would you not? Because the breed is known for high intellegence - yes you would.
    Same with shepherds etc. As a trainer needs to be on different levels for the highest of performance. Your experience with a high intellegent breed - would make you look for this right??? Thats the point- .. that doesnt mean caseymom doesnt have a smart breed- I do not even know what breed she has- but had she have a "intellegent breed" she would look for a multi facet trainer. Just like someone with border collies etc.
    I do not know caseysmom at all. Never heard anything positive for me to look into it, but thats the point. Certain breeds need more stimulation than others- and thats a fact as you well know..
    As I stated, if I were looking for a trainer, I would look at that trainer's students. I would look for results. I would NOT look for certification or license. And, I don't rate breeds on intelligence. I've met intelligent dogs in all breeds - even those breeds considered by many to be "dumb." In fact, if I had a "dumb" dog (which I even hesitate to use the phrase, as I have yet to meet a truly dumb dog), I would look even more intently for a trainer who posts great results. I'd need the best, then!
    MACH Aslan RE, MX, MXJ, EAC, EJC, OCC, Wv-N, TN-N, TG-N, R-SN, J-SN, R2-CL, CGC, TDI, FFX-AG (five year old sheltie)
    Jericho OA, NAJ, R1-MCL, CGC, FFX-AP (three year old sheltie)
    Laika NAJ, CGC (nine year old retired American Eskimo)

I've been defrosted.