Thread: Hobbes, You're Dearly Missed

Hobbes, You're Dearly Missed

it took me a while to write this, not the usual.

he got out from his enclosure when I was out on the halloween night - I tore up the floor, searched thoroughly the house twice and have been keeping my eyes open for days now .. I am afraid he is gone.

hobbes, I'm in tears and haven't been eating well - my heart aches over this. I'm so very sorry I wasn't there for you if I could and I hope you're safe somewhere now. even though I only had you for a very short time, you were my first snake; so full of life, so full of ambition and love, I will never forget you.. you're terribly missed already.

good by now my corn boy
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

How sad! Getting out of his enclosure, because he's so little, he could be anywhere. Sadly, with all those kitties, and his bright colors, I fear the worst for him. Rest in peace little snakey, join the Rainbow of Colors at the Rainbow Bridge.

I am so sorry. Even though he was part of the ark for a short time, he does know how much you loved him.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

{{{{hugs}}}}

I hope against hope he turns up in some unexpected way, Gina.

I know how much you love all critters...and how this must hurt so bad.

What a beautiful boy, with that heart-mark on his head.

Rest easy, little Hobbes, wherever you are.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Oh I'm so sorry. Only yesterday I saw his intro thread and now this

I'll be hoping he could still turn up. Snakes can often turn up in other people's houses or gardens quite a distance from their home.

*fingers crossed*

Zimbabwe 07/13

I'm sorry to see that little Hobbes has made an escape.

Keeping in mind his size, I know he could be just about anywhere, but I'm still sending good vibes in case he might show up somewhere.
    A friend of mine had a boa who escaped when she was around 4' long. She was missing for almost a month, but showed up one day curled up in the arm of the couch. A crazy place to find a snake, eh?
    I know the size of a boa & a cornsnake is extremely different, but I still have hope that Hobbes might turn up.
    (((((hugs)))))

I am SO sorry about, Hobbes, Gina. You did all you could to find the little guy. HE MAY still be around, DON'T give up hope. (((hugs)))

thank you all,

I do really hope so too, it's hard to with eleven curious cats around. I know a good friend of mine, his brother's baby ball python got lost and they found him wrapped up around the pipes under the sink 7 weeks later.

that gave me a hope but my hobbes, size does a huge difference. he's no longer than a ruler and curls up no bigger than a fifty-cent coin. (())

Well, if he's that tiny, he may be right under your nose. Don't give up hope until you know for sure. We're still sending out good vibes that Hobbes will be found. You love all creatures, just as I and so many of the PTers do. We're all praying for you and Hobbes, Gina.....
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I'm sorry you lost him but he might be there around the house somewhere, you never know, just keep an eye out and maybe you'll find him when you least expect it!
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

Aww not beautiful hobbes. i am still hoping that you find him. it is horrible not knowing if he is alive or not. in some ways it is worse then them actually passing away.

Pets of the Day so far ...
    BOOF, HONEY & BUNNIKINS

CLICK HERE to see all my pets past and present...

Click Here to go to my Petster account.

Click here to see some of my pet videos on YouTube.

Same thing happened to me when I had my first snake. She was the same too a tiny Albino Corn. I had her for maybe a week and she escaped. We tore the whole house apart and never found her. We put down live pinkies to see if she would smell them and come eat them but she never came. Don't give up hope keep trying and looking for her. I doubt she has passed away just yet.

EDIT: Also if you decide to get another one then make sure you have a locking lid. Corns are known to be one of the best escape artist.
    Last edited by buttercup132; 11-05-2007 at 06:12 PM.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee