Thread: Two of Our Students Died

Two of Our Students Died

two of ours students were killed in a fatal blaze three days ago. I happen to know one of their roommates - dicocco - who got rescued out of blaze safely. their house wasn't very far away from me that we could smell the smoke. I went there yesterday for some photos, when I got there I couldn't take any pictures for a while. dazing at the blazed house.. amazed, you see it everywhee on the news, in the newspapers but you even realize more when you are right there.

a few minutes later there was a gentle warm hand of a neighborwoman patting my back, (thank god she did, otherwise I'd had not heard her), told me she was sorry and asked me if I knew any of them. I nodded and she again said oh I'm so sorry then gave me a hug. about a half hour later I walked up front the house, a woman in wheelchair came up behind me down the street, asked me if it was one of my friends - I only nodded because it was hard to communicate (she has only one hand also) then she said come on here, I walked up to her - she gave me a hug. I signed thank you and smiled - she then smiled, signed I love you, (how cool!) told me where she lives and wheeled away. I love when this happens - there are so nice and friendly people out there. it was touching and a sad day.

here are some pictures I took yesterday

you could see the glass on the car even melt ..
    a student jumped out of window and caved the hood

everything everywhere..

the only things that weren't burned are some clothes

burned shoes everywhere

those students' families and friends have been in my thoughts - losing a kid at school away from home is scary - one of worst fears I think. they both just had services today out of the state.
    Last edited by sandragonfly; 11-12-2007 at 05:25 PM. Reason: source..
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

Oh my gosh how horrible! I never heard about this. It so sad And the pictures really do show the damage a fire can do. I feel so sorry for their families.

Rest in peace students.

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

How tragic. My prayers are going out to all who know these people. So sad that their life had to end so early.

I am so sorry. My deepest sympathy to all.

Pat
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

That's horrible.. =( Prayers & thoughts to the families & friends..
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

{{{{hugs}}}}, Gina...I hope your friend recovers.

Prayers for the students who died, their families...I hope there will be answers soon for everyone...that helps a bit.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

How sad! Now, Gina does your apartment have smoke detectors, and is Crayola trained what to do if one goes off? Fire is a scary, scary thing.

How sad, Gina. Thoughts and prayers going out to everybody.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

thank you everyone. mick (dicocco) is okay, I saw him recently - seems physically and mentally good. I still feel bad for him though, he's having final exams this week now. must be too much for him and other survivors right now, plus the families of deceased sons.

karen, none of (two) smoke detectors work here, I tested them with crayola. when I moved here, by law, my landlord was suppose to install what I asked, flashing alarms but never "had time". but I have my crayola and I'm working on my fire escape route though.. god knows what I'm going to do with my cats and noctural kids. crayola have saved us from our last fire - more here - he has this natural instinct alert I think so we should be okay.

I am so sorry for the family and friends of these two young men. I'm glad your friend is okay.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Gina, I am so sad to read this news. I'm glad your friend is ok.

Just a couple of weeks ago, 7 college students from the University of SC and Clemson University, died in a house fire at Ocean Isle, NC, where they were staying over the weekend. Several of them were from our home town and it has really been a sad time for their former classmates and for both universities, as well as their family and former high schools.

How dreadful. There was a house fire behind us many years ago and the young mum died. I will never forget watching her hands disappear after she dropped her last baby to safety.

My thoughts go out to you all
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

logan, do you know how the fire started? Students Mourn After Carolina Fire didn't say how, only knows the blaze started from the first level to top.

there was also another student from PA (east stroudsburg university) died in fire - accidentally started by a little boy just the day before our students died. ESU student from Palmer Twp. dies in fire

wow! too many, ten students in two weeks. this is especially scary for me too, since I have no electricity and been using candles.

So very sorry. *hugs*

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.