Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Those of you with S/O that snore...

A couple pf my friends snored BAD until they were diagnosed with sleep apnea and purchased sleep-ap machines. Both of them said they never realized how much sleep they were missing out on until they could breathe well through the night.

Thank you Wolf_Q!

I do have a friend whose husband had that sleep apnea test. He doesn't have to be hooked to a breathing machine, but he has one of those mouth inserts to sleep with. It pulls his lower jaw out just slightly and that helps keep the airway opened. He's really happy with it. And so is she.

Quote Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
    I know what you mean.

Brian snores and he falls asleep INSTANTLY. It doesn't wake me up if I am already asleep but I can't GET to sleep if he is snoring.

I usually just give him a little shake and say "You're snoring" he doesn't fully wake up but he usually ends up rolling over or just stops snoring for a moment or two.
    LOL!! This sounds exactly like how it is here! He falls asleep so fast that he often doesn't even hears me say "goodnight!!"

In my case, earplugs do the trick!! I love the "sound of silence"

btw. He says I snore too, but I don't believe that untill he can proove that!
    And he cannot, because he makes to much noise to hear me
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Mike falls asleep instantly too as well, and me on the other hand, I take a while to fall asleep.. but ONCE IN A WHILE, I will beat him to sleep.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

A couple pf my friends snored BAD until they were diagnosed with sleep apnea and purchased sleep-ap machines. Both of them said they never realized how much sleep they were missing out on until they could breathe well through the night
    I was going to suggest that people whos hubbys snore really bad should go get tested.

My bf snores but only when he's on his back.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Nope, Rich doesn't snore, thank goodness! We're both light sleepers and sometimes he'll complain that I'm breathing really heavily, but I only do it when I'm really tired!

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    I use Mack's earplugs. They are soft and comfortable and work well. http://www.drugstore.com/products/pr...I-0-EVGR-49973
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Mine falls asleep in a second and snores loud enough to be heard down the street I'm sure...he he. I always wear earplugs but he can snore right through that so it's nudge nudge all night. Unfortunately he can snore in any position , I put up with it because I drive him nuts with my sleepwalking when I do fall asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Moesha View Post
    I do have a friend whose husband had that sleep apnea test. He doesn't have to be hooked to a breathing machine, but he has one of those mouth inserts to sleep with. It pulls his lower jaw out just slightly and that helps keep the airway opened. He's really happy with it. And so is she.

Sleep Apena is a serious problem, please get your snorer to a doctor ASAP.

My husband & I - ok I suffered through his snoring for years before we had it cheked out....good thing, he could have died!!

This is something you should not take lightly!!
    Bunny & Kitties:

Taz - F (7); Majerle - M (4) & Loki - M (8 months)
    (pronounced: Marley).

Quote Originally Posted by Catsnclay View Post
    Sleep Apena is a serious problem, please get your snorer to a doctor ASAP.

My husband & I - ok I suffered through his snoring for years before we had it cheked out....good thing, he could have died!!

This is something you should not take lightly!!
    I don't have a snorer, unless you count Morgan. (my kitty) And my friend did have the sleep apena test done. I do have other family members that have the machine to help them while sleeping.

Mz Logan's been known to snore on ocassion, for a sec or two.
    Otherwise, I'm as lucky as he$$. If I don't fall asleep quickly, I hear everything so if John snored, I'd have to kill him.

My brother, though, is a real window rattler, but thankfully sleeps downstairs, but I can still hear him once in a while.

I've been Boooo'd!

My husband snores SO badly.

I would sleep in the extra bedroom in a MINUTE ... but we don't have an extra bedroom at the moment.

He got the mouth piece. It helped somewhat, but not enough for me to sleep. He refuses to go to the sleep clinic. I am SURE he has sleep apnea, but he won't hear of it.

I elbow him in the ribs so many times that he finally stomps off and sleeps on the couch.

It's absurd.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

My husband snores, horribly! I finally had given up and moved into our spare bedroom just to get some sleep. Then the lung doctor, whom he sees for something else, asked if he snored. He insisted on a sleep study, which, I'm told was not a really big deal -- you don't have to do anything but sleep. The sleep study identified a rather serious case of sleep apnea. He uses a CPAP (stands for Continuous Positive Airway Pressure) machine at night and after the first night was a convert.

My sister died 15 years ago of what was probably a sleep apnea episode, so we don't take it lightly. Also, we are all a lot happier at night now that Daddy doesn't rattle the windows.

Those of you with serious snorers, please insist that they get checked out. It could be killing them.

Quote Originally Posted by slleipnir View Post
    Does it bother you? How do you deal with it? My boyfriend snores really loud and falls asleep almost instantly. I take a while to fall asleep and the snoring keeps me up. I try and sleep first, but I'm a light sleeper so I'd wake up at any little thing. Sorry for the pointless thread...just curious if anyone has found a way around it. Neither of us get much sleep because of it...(he snores and I curse ;D)

Oh honey, I feel your pain. My S/O snores HORRIBLY and I'm a light sleeper as well. I no longer sleep in the bed at night. He and my great dane sleep in the bed together (the dane snores too, lol) and Corvus and I sleep on the couch. I have to keep a fan running (white noise) so that I can drown him out.

I gave up on sleeping in the bed like a normal person. We tried all sorts of things for him. He has lost some weight, which has helped some, but even if he didn't snore, he's still a tosser and a turner and I just can't sleep like that. I was always catching an elbow in the face or something when he would roll over.