I've mentioned my occupation before on other threads, but I am a department manager in a "large discount department store chain" which I will not name, because I have to "represent" my store even when I'm not there, and keeping it anonymous means I can really let loose and tell it like it really is without casting a shadow on my employer. I shouldn't complain about my job, because I never went to college (only person in my family who didn't - boooooo ), and I'm making pretty good money anyway, but working in retail SUCKS most of the time. (I had "issues" in high school, one of which was never knowing what I wanted to do career-wise; the other was failing almost every class despite having a very high IQ - go figure.) Then again, my sisters who did graduate didn't fare much better than me - one is unemployed (and insane), and the other is still in school pursuing her PhD and unemployed, and very stressed out about school. I am very definitely looking forward to retirement, because I started full-time at the store when I was 17, and I'm getting a little burned out. (24 years in, and 24 more to go - AAAAAGH!!)
We have computers at work, but they are ancient, running Windows NT from about 1994, and have no Internet access, to keep us drones from wasting the company's time and money Where I work, sitting down is a felony - get your butt out there on the salesfloor!!!!!!!!