Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Hockey 2009 - 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post
    The Buffalo Sabres have never won the cup either. LOL Been to the dance twice and lost both times.

If its not going to be Buffalo I would be happy with the Caps. Not for their fans mind you but I really like a lot of players on the team. It helps that most of them played in Hershey before they got to play in the show. Plus my wife has a crush on Jose Theodore. LOL (The MEXICAN goalie.... No, not really, but its a little dig every male on her side of the family gets on her. LOL)

And yes, Ovechkin is out of thid world. That kid earns every penny he gets. Plays his heart out every game.
    Ahh there ya go....MUCH better! Of course I must cheer the Pens first but second will be Buffalo. I didn't know that they have never won a cup - they are looking pretty good this year too.

I understand why you like a lot of their players....it's their fans that I can't stand. Every time they lose, no matter who they play, it's because the refs are out to get them. And of course the fierce rivelry between the Pens and Caps makes me not like them either

Quote Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post
    The Buffalo Sabres have never won the cup either. LOL Been to the dance twice and lost both times.

If its not going to be Buffalo I would be happy with the Caps. Not for their fans mind you but I really like a lot of players on the team. It helps that most of them played in Hershey before they got to play in the show. Plus my wife has a crush on Jose Theodore. LOL (The MEXICAN goalie.... No, not really, but its a little dig every male on her side of the family gets on her. LOL)

And yes, Ovechkin is out of thid world. That kid earns every penny he gets. Plays his heart out every game.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

LOL I remember one of the games we went to in Washington to see them play the Habs. After the game we were all filing out and this moron was talking to his friend and says "Wow Montreal doesn't have much of a fan base like I thought they would" uhhhhhh... HALF of the attendance were habs fans in Washington lol ... moron you obviously don't know your arse from a hole int he ground LOL

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Quote Originally Posted by JenBKR View Post
    Ahh there ya go....MUCH better! Of course I must cheer the Pens first but second will be Buffalo. I didn't know that they have never won a cup - they are looking pretty good this year too.

I understand why you like a lot of their players....it's their fans that I can't stand. Every time they lose, no matter who they play, it's because the refs are out to get them. And of course the fierce rivelry between the Pens and Caps makes me not like them either
    The Sabres were rolling pretty good. Not so much now. The defence is still decent, but the offense has been VERY inconsistent. It's time to shake things up a bit, but Darcy won't do it.

Yes... Caps "fans" are some of the worst, in my experience, in the NHL. VERY few of them knew anything about the Caps until Ovechkin came on the scene. Plus, their general hockey sense, again from what I have expereinced in going to some games, is low. Just because one of your players falls down, its not a penalty. Also, they clearly have no idea what interference is these days.... Then there was the comment about the Habs fan base. LOL I've been to NHL games vs. the Habs in Buffalo, DC, Philly, Pittsburgh and Florida. Each time, at least 1/3 of the attendance was Habs fans.

All that said... BOTH sides got jobbed by the officials in that last game. It was just awful. The worst was a Caps player getting called for slashing by the deep ref. He got called because a Pens player stick broke, on its own. The ref had to have seen the result and not the action. VERY bad call.
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Just so you know - I cheer for a team, not the fans. For the most part, the team can do nothing about the quality of the fan base - as witnessed in West Virginia recently.

If the fans are determined to be jerks . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    Just so you know - I cheer for a team, not the fans. For the most part, the team can do nothing about the quality of the fan base - as witnessed in West Virginia recently.

If the fans are determined to be jerks . . . . .
    Oh, I agree. I like the Caps in spite of most of their fans. But their is one exception to this rule for me. The Flyers. Their fans are SO awful, I just can't ever root for them. I swear they spend more than half the game booing to other team and the officials. If the Flyers are going to play that kind of game, especially in the modern NHL, its what you are going to get.
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

I hate the playoffs.

I don't know why but I get way too antsy during overtime and it's too nerve wracking.

GO Kings!

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    I hate the playoffs.

I don't know why but I get way too antsy during overtime and it's too nerve wracking.

GO Wings!
    There, fixed it for ya I don't like the play offs, cause then my dad spends all night shouting at the TV and I can't fall asleep. But he does that with any sport, so I guess I shouldn't discriminate against the playoffs.
    in on the joke and i cant stop laughing

Quote Originally Posted by JuniorxMyxLove View Post
    There, fixed it for ya I don't like the play offs, cause then my dad spends all night shouting at the TV and I can't fall asleep. But he does that with any sport, so I guess I shouldn't discriminate against the playoffs.
    Thanks!

Send your dad to my house.

I'll buy the beer.

I hope the Devils don't go one and done like they have for 3-4 years in a row.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Thanks!

Send your dad to my house.

I'll buy the beer.
    HAH you can have him! He seems to think that yelling at the TV really makes a difference. -_-
    in on the joke and i cant stop laughing

Quote Originally Posted by JuniorxMyxLove View Post
    HAH you can have him! He seems to think that yelling at the TV really makes a difference. -_-
    IT does.....

Look closely at the TV and the little holes where the speakers are?? They are there to transmit voices back to the arena.

Really!

Ben and Jerry's ice cream have contacted Alex Ovechkin and offered him a contract to be the spokesman for the Alex O's Shaved Ice/Sno-Cone franchises to be opened up at every NHL arena beginning in the '10-'11 season.

Ben and Jerry's ice cream have contacted Alex Ovechkin and offered him a contract to be the spokesman for the Alex O's Shaved Ice/Sno-Cone franchises to be opened up at every NHL arena beginning in the '10-'11 season.

They have also contacted Marian Hossa about a new ice cream - it comes without a cup

Quote Originally Posted by JenBKR View Post
    They have also contacted Marian Hossa about a new ice cream - it comes without a cup
    So, what do I do with that little wooden spoon?