Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Look what I found on my back porch today!

Quote Originally Posted by lvpets2002 View Post
    You All Can Say Many Thanks to Melissa=Anikaca77.. It was all of her E-Mail Contacts that got Carmen to me.. From all the e-mail contacts that Melissa=Anikaca77 supplied me & me sending & sending is some how one person got to another & then there was Carmen & Debbie.. Huggss Huggss to Melissa=Anikaca77 & EveryOne..
    Yes, Thank you and (((HUGS))) from me and the kits too!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

I'm so happy to hear that a date has now been set for transport and I'd like to thank everyone involved. Now hopefully the weather will cooperate and it won't be too hot or rainy. I also hope that everything will go well. I'm sending some positive vibes to everyone involved.

It's interesting to know that the kittens are probably related to both Winnie and Angel. This shows how quickly cats can reproduce. When Carmen comes to get the 3 kittens, maybe Connie can ask her if she knows anyone who can help her with all of the other cats and kittens around her home. Maybe Friends Of Felines will be able to help. It wouldn't hurt to ask. If the cycle isn't broken then there will always be new homeless kittens being born.

Yes that is very true of the cycle needs broken.. Hey just think with Winnie & Angel & Chip & Chuck & my babies coming && all getting fixed is breaking the cycle some..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Yippee!!
    What great news! My huge thanks to everyone involved - the drivers, the paw-crossers, the well-wishers and most of all to MOFF, Lvpets, and Anikaca.
    Pet Talkers rock!
    Diane
    Central Coast CA
    "Cats happen......"

Quote Originally Posted by lvpets2002 View Post
    Yes that is very true of the cycle needs broken.. Hey just think with Winnie & Angel & Chip & Chuck & my babies coming && all getting fixed is breaking the cycle some..
    I think I found the sourse of the kitty leak I've been having lately and I'm so mad I can hardly see straight. Seems the lady (and I use the term very very loosly) who tossed pregnant Winnie out and left two dogs locked in an abandoned house in 90+ degree heat with no food or water for 3 weeks, is back in the neighborhood. She's not only back, she lives in the house one over from me. I am as sure as I'm sitting here, that is where the new momma cat came from. They also have another dog, a big big dog.

So, it will be a never ending thing for me if I keep helping kitties. She will keep getting them and tossing them out because she knows I'll feed them. I can't and won't cover her bum any more. I hate it for the animals sakes but I can't do anything about it. Our city didn't even charge her with cruelty to animals for what she did to the dogs.

On a happy note: all is set for GO on the kitty transport tomorrow. The kits are really excited!!! It will be a big adventure for them. I'll let you know when they are on the road.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

OH my goodness, tomorrow already wow I'm so glad this is working out so well, I'll still keep my fingers and paws crossed for those little ones traveling.

Take care and thank you for all your help
    Melissa

We thank you so much for all of the E-Mail addressess for me to contact.. See I just knew we would find the right people.. See our patience paid off.. Yes Carmen is getting the babies from Connie on Friday & then the babies go to Debbie's for 2 nights & then I will pick them up on Sunday from Debbie.. Then by Sunday evening we will all be home & pooppeedd.. We will keep all posted as the transporting unfolds.. Many Thanks to Everyone for Your Support & Loving Hearts..
    Quote Originally Posted by Anikaca77 View Post
    OH my goodness, tomorrow already wow I'm so glad this is working out so well, I'll still keep my fingers and paws crossed for those little ones traveling.

Take care and thank you for all your help
    Melissa

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

During my work day I often peak in on this thread for a minute or two to read the last postings.

You know, I've always loved PT and I wish I could post more often. When it comes to threads such as this I can't help but cry happy tears.

I've seen the love and prayers of this community pay off time and time again.
    MOFF: I know you will miss the little monkeys but we can see their progress over the years. Many blessings to you for taking in these sweet babies and showing them what the love of a human feels like. I know that Lilac had alot to do with this. Your heart is bigger than mine will every be.
    LV, Melissa and others: My heart gets that warm fuzzy feeling when I see what we can do if we put our minds to it. Sending out prayers and love to you too.

Big hugs to all
    Last edited by slick; 06-17-2010 at 06:31 PM.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Helene I keep forgetting to tell you my vet put their birthday at 04/14/10. They are a little over 9 weeks old. Probably weigh a little over 2 pounds. Chip weighed 2.4 and Chuck 2.3 at the vets the other day. They all look close to the same size.

I'm so thrilled you will get them while they are still babies. Now you can have some of the baby fun. I was beginning to think they would be senior citizens before they met you.

Thanks again everyone so very much. We couldn't do this without you!
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

Carmela dreams of Texas

I couldn't find Carmela a bit ago. There she was, in the pet taxi. She packed herself ready for her trip to Texas. I told her she can't go until tomorrow. We still need to put a clean towel in the carrier and finish packing their bag. At least we know she won't freak out from being in the carrier.

Carmela Texas dreamin'
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

OMG!!.. how cute is that?!.. aww... she´s anxious to go home.. aww..

cute lil paw pad.. love all the splotches.. hehe
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

she is napping to make the time go by faster, till she can get to meet her new mom
    Nothing says love like a kitty purring in you ear

1-1-06 buddy in basket bright

Awww little Carmela is all packed and ready to go!

I have a question, and it's okay if I don't get an answer. But, I see the vet put their birthday at 4/14/10 and they weigh over two pounds. My Jax's birthday was estimated to be 4/5/10 and he weighed in at 1.6 pounds at the vet on Tuesday. Is Jax just small for his age? Or are these babies big? I know they look at teeth to determine age, but a whole pound difference when they are 10 days apart (approx.) in age.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces View Post
    I think I found the sourse of the kitty leak I've been having lately and I'm so mad I can hardly see straight. Seems the lady (and I use the term very very loosly) who tossed pregnant Winnie out and left two dogs locked in an abandoned house in 90+ degree heat with no food or water for 3 weeks, is back in the neighborhood. She's not only back, she lives in the house one over from me. I am as sure as I'm sitting here, that is where the new momma cat came from. They also have another dog, a big big dog.

So, it will be a never ending thing for me if I keep helping kitties. She will keep getting them and tossing them out because she knows I'll feed them. I can't and won't cover her bum any more. I hate it for the animals sakes but I can't do anything about it. Our city didn't even charge her with cruelty to animals for what she did to the dogs.

On a happy note: all is set for GO on the kitty transport tomorrow. The kits are really excited!!! It will be a big adventure for them. I'll let you know when they are on the road.
    This is so sad. I can't believe that she wasn't charged with any animal cruelty charges and now she has another dog. I wonder if this was the dog that could've killed poor Lilac.

Yippee!!! I'll be praying for an easy and safe transport for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post

I have a question, and it's okay if I don't get an answer. But, I see the vet put their birthday at 4/14/10 and they weigh over two pounds. My Jax's birthday was estimated to be 4/5/10 and he weighed in at 1.6 pounds at the vet on Tuesday. Is Jax just small for his age? Or are these babies big? I know they look at teeth to determine age, but a whole pound difference when they are 10 days apart (approx.) in age.
    Cindy, it could be a little of both. I'm surprised to hear that your Jax is still only 1.6lbs. He's already neutered right? I always thought that a kitten had to weigh at least 2lbs before they could be spayed or neutered.

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post

I sort of think my kits may be a week older but it's just an estimate. Maybe mine are just plump. Chip gained .4 pound in 7 days. I think she estimated on the low side because they have to be a certain age for some of the shots. She didn't want to give the shots too soon.

krazyaboutkatz, I was wondering if that was the dog too. It is one huge sucker!

No word from Carmen yet. She said she would wait until rush hour was over to leave and would call when she was on the way. I wish she would hurry. I can't hear the phone in the kitchen or bathroom and I need to go visit those rooms soon!
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie