Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ikea herding cats

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post
    I saw that on tv and was bowled over!!! What an opportunity to allow cats to roam free for the night!!! Hang out in the kitchen sink, on the bed, alot of places that they normally aren't allowed at home. Love it!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Catlady711 View Post
    Very cute.

But...

Am I the only paranoid kitty mamma that could see so many downsides of it?

All I could think of was how scared some of the cats must have been, that they could hurt themselves sticking their heads in things like the kitten did and possible get stuck, possibly breaking glass being around the dishes and lightbulbs and cut a paw, possibly chewing on a piece of fringe and ingesting it, and the damage to the furniture should a kitty decide to mark it, especially given the number of cats involved, were the kitties all tested for FELV/FIV/FIP before filming?

I'm probably an over worrier but those thoughts went through my mind when I watched it.

I'm with catlady and taz-zoee --- I would be a worried meowmie if my kitty got loose in Ikea!

Moosmom! Did you notice the Sphynx at 0:42 with the light bulbs?

Look how they breeze right past the Poang armchairs at 0:25 ... I was thinking about buying one but now maybe I won't !
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I hadn't seen this before. Very cute.

That was so cute. Thanks for sharing!
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

I would be scared as well- but it's 100 kitties in one big IKEA- and so I am sure whoever wanted to hide in a sofa found one. It looks as if the owners of the kitties were there.
    And I know that Orion would find it a nice mix between stress and excitement

Cassiesmom,

Did I notice the Sphynx with the light bulbs??? Silly girl!!! That's what I waited for!!! I loved it! I watched Cats 101 yesterday (for the millionth time) and was glued to my tv when the sphynxes came on!!

They are like potato chips. Once you have one, you'll crave another!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Love this! (and I love Ikea, too) Our house has LOTS of Ikea.
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Look how they breeze right past the Poang armchairs at 0:25 ... I was thinking about buying one but now maybe I won't !
    If it's not good enough for the cats, it's not good enough for you?

Those hundred Cats are getting good training as Awesome Pet Angels as Our Awesome Angels Army Companions love Furniture Stores and Bedding Shops where they all gather to snooze in luxury
    Especially the Lost Pets and Animals who never had a nice place to snooze before , they love to sleep on softness and comfort
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Quote Originally Posted by catmandu View Post
    Those hundred Cats are getting good training as Awesome Pet Angels as Our Awesome Angels Army Companions :love Furniture Stores and Bedding Shops where they all gather to snooze in luxury
    Especially the Lost Pets and Animals who never had a nice place to snooze before , they love to sleep on softness and comfort
    What a wonderful thought! More venues for the pampered Angel army.

They sure handled that adventure quite well! I had expected several fights - a few was about to happen, though.

Let's hope more people will want a cat after seeing it.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

The other thing I thought about was what about any customers that go into that store, or buy any of the display items later that are highly allergic to cats?

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

This has been going around the office all week. What a happy bunch of kitties with complete freedom to curl up anywhere they wanted. Great commercial!

Donna, I was wondering if you saw this! The little sphynx was definitely the star of the show!
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

I thought the commercial was very cute. My only other thought
    was how would you gather them all up afterwards? With the shake of
    a treat bag maybe?
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt