Thread: My beloved, beautiful Tommy

Hybrid View

Tommy's memorial is dear to me and I felt guided when I made it, but I also knew something was missing still.

And so I made this one today. A celebration of a once-in-a-lifetime friend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtjJvqRKyKg
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Beautiful, just beautiful. Says it all. {{hugs}}

I will come back and look at your newest tribute to him later. Can't do it right now as I just found the strength to look at the first one. There is something about the gentle spirit of a Golden Retriever that I have never experienced with any other dog, although I have loved them all so much. Honey, Lilly, and Zipper are with Tommy now, along with my Murphy and Kaycee who were also so special, but having loved many Goldens through fostering and ownership, I know what you are grieving over. Even though Honey has been gone for six months now, I still look for her, wish for her every single day and when my daughter is home, we grieve together over our loss.
    Tommy is with God and many of our friends now. One day we will all rejoice again, together, in heaven. But I know your grief and mourn with you, Jess.

Watching it now and despite the upbeat song, tears are still forming. I love that joyous one of him jumping up about a minute into the video. I always got a kick out of him and his logs (not sticks). I'm glad you made another video. I hope it helped lighten your heart a little.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Just want to thank everyone again for their words. I am glad I made the 2nd video. He needed something happy that celebrated his life. He was such a beautiful dog wasn't he?

I just still struggle a lot with it. With the snow outside, there are no "Tommy trails" meandering through the yard. I feel a twist in my gut every time I feed the girls and his eager face isn't there. But most of all I miss his coming up with his goofy golden grin squeaking his toy and inviting me to play with him while I work. Plopping it in my lap and wagging his tail. Then sometimes he'd decide play was secondary and he'd rather get some loves and he would just lean into me and gaze up with his big soft eyes. Logan, you are so right. There is no dog on earth like a golden. I will have another someday when the time is right. I know there is a local golden rescue around here, but I'm fighting off any temptation to look at all. Now is just not the time for several reasons. And I know what I really want is Tommy back.

I still get the jolts of panic hit me sometimes as it hits me again he has left this world. I'm just keeping distracted as much as I can. I miss him. Miss him so bad it physically hurts.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

The second video still bought tears, but also smiles. Such a gorgeous dog, so very happy and so so loved. I still miss Clover tossing her food bowl around when she decided is was breakfast time, she was just letting me know .
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*