Thread: Diego - Bladder Stone - Surgery Jan 27

Hybrid View

It's 6:10 am, in an hour we will be heading over to the vet. Diego is sitting beside me on the couch. He's not sure what's up but doesn't understand why he can't have breakfast. I sure hope my boy is feeling much better when I bring him home tonight. Thanks all for the good thoughts.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

I just said a prayer for Diego, that all will go well.

Lady-in-Waiting to HRH The PrinCESS Althea

Prayers that all will go smoothly! After Oscar's surgery last November I went to pick him up, anxious to how he was. The vet and techs cheerfully assured me that he was great - high as a kite from the painkillers. I tried to get his attention with him in the carrier and he was OUT THERE. I said, "Okay, Stoner Boy, let's go." After a couple of hours at home, he was more himself.

I am sure Diego will be feeling much better, if a little stratospheric.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope that his surgery will go well and that he'll recover quickly. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

Update - all went well

Diego is out of surgery and his recovery is being monitored. Everything went as planned and there were no issues. The stone will be sent for testing to find out exactly what it is and what action we need to take going forward so he doesn't get another one. I will pick up my boy at 6 pm so once we get home and settled I'll provide a further update.

Again, thank you all for the prayers and good thoughts. Once again they worked and kitty-boy is going to be ok.

Love you all!
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Wonderful news! Thank you.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Great news! How is Diego doing tonight? Is Cali hissing cause he smells funny?

Gentle hugs and cuddles to him.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda