Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A special surprise (Cuteness Overload Warning)

Mum and Dad are gorgeous as well. How very exciting .
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

What a wonderful addition to your family! She is just so lovely
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

Oh My! Your Luna baby is soooo cute and cuddly!!

Omg!!!! Luna is already such a beautiful beautiful girl!! Congratulations big doggies are the best! I can't wait to see more and more pictures! Her parents are absolutely gorgeous, such good looking dogs!

Congratulations! One of my best friends has a Saint Bernard and she is such a joy to have around. She does eat eight cups of kibble a day though! 0_0 Have fun with your new darling!

Quote Originally Posted by snakemama View Post
    Congratulations! One of my best friends has a Saint Bernard and she is such a joy to have around. She does eat eight cups of kibble a day though! 0_0 Have fun with your new darling!
    haha yeah, i am not to worried about the food aspect... I have done a lot of research, and it isn't as bad as some say . Most breeders don't feed their Saints anymore then they would feed their Goldens. I am excited to bring her home and love her to bits.. She is so sweet, just sooo snuggly. We picked up a crate for her (wired) and its set up beside our bed (my side ) She is going to be spoiled to bits! I am excited to try and get her obedience title in the next two years . Thats one thing I've been looking forward to. I'll keep you all posted
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

What I will tell you is, unlike Huskies, Saint Bernards are very sensitive souls. A harsh scolding is worse than a beating for these dogs, unlike a Husky, who pretty much figures you can yell all you want, she's still gonna do her own thing!

And prepare to hide all the shoes. Freckles, the Saint Bernard we had when I was a kid, chewed one each of my pairs of shoes when I was dumb enough to leave the closet door ajar. She also favored certain volumes of the old encyclopedia. And have plenty of chew things handy, the bigger, the better!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by tikeyas_mom View Post
    haha yeah, i am not to worried about the food aspect... I have done a lot of research, and it isn't as bad as some say . Most breeders don't feed their Saints anymore then they would feed their Goldens. I am excited to bring her home and love her to bits.. She is so sweet, just sooo snuggly. We picked up a crate for her (wired) and its set up beside our bed (my side ) She is going to be spoiled to bits! I am excited to try and get her obedience title in the next two years . Thats one thing I've been looking forward to. I'll keep you all posted
    I think the reason my friend's Saint goes through so much food is that she's bizzarrely active for a giant breed. I've known a few saints who were relaxed, soulful companions, but this dog is a spitfire! She has no trouble keeping up with my JRT. I think she's an oddball for the breed though, LoL.

Oh my gosh!!! A St. Bernard puppy for Pet Talk!!! Luna is adorable! Please, as many pics as you have time to post!!!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Awww!!! Saint puppies are the absolute cutest! I am so excited for you, she's going to be an amazing family dog for you.

I completely attest to the fact that Saints (and Newfs, and Pyrs, etc) eat very little for their size. I know a huge, fit, energetic young female named Strudel, and she eats 1 1/2 cups a day of premium grain free kibble. She refuses to eat anymore than that and she's of perfect weight.

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

One thing to note - they do not eat much more than a normal dog once they are full grown, but the first two years, it may seem like she's eating you out of house and home! But they need a lot of food and nutrients to build that massive body and frame! Then it levels off and settles down, at last. Do, of course, stock up on "drool rags" - old t-shirts, etc will do just fine, cut 'em up and keep 'em around!
    I've Been Frosted