Thread: A Little On The Nutty Side..

A Little On The Nutty Side..

My 4 year old male neutered cat is nutty. I go to say hi to him and he tries to scratch me. I pick him up and put him on my lap and give him kisses and he tries to poke my eyeballs out!
    Sometimes at night he goes really playfull and starts jumping up and down the stairs. Once when he was doing that, I went to see him and he scratch me, again.

Anyone have cats like this? What should I do?

There are some cats that are like that. They only want attention when it is conveinient for them. My parent's cat, Hamlet, use to allow petting and then all of a sudden at a time of his choosing, he'd bite or scratch. Maybe a kitty playmate will keep company and he'll have someone to fight and play with.

Its nice to know hes not the only one!
    He hates other cats, he likes being the only cat in the house.

Bastet will sometimes bite when she has had enough - he may be saying - i am a little over stimulated at the moment - i will come to you when i am ready again. - I would wait for him to come to you and not hte other way round. I know that this is hard to do but beleive me it may save you from a few lacerations in the end!
    "A cat cannot see directly under its nose. This is why the cat cannot seem to find tidbits on the floor."

Usually before "attack mode" the cat will wag his/her tail wildly as a warning "that's enough mom" Just check for the tail .... It's a dead giveaway. If you see the tail go nuts, step back
    I have had Minnie since I was 4 years old!! I am 18 now, she is truly my best friend for life!! I also am a momma to 6 other beauties as well :-)

i think i know why

well lots of cats are like that so don't worry yur cat is either wanting attention or sumthing we dunno about.

Our female, Jan, is the scariest one of the bunch because she can get into moods where she really wants to release some aggression and energy. She wants to play, but her little claws are so very sharp.

When she is in one of these moods, I put an oven mitt on my hand and we can play and she can get the energy out of her system.

Also, some kitties just aren't lap kitties. My Sid sure isn't. But he can quiet down and sit next to me, so you might want to try that with your kitty.

good luck.