Thread: Urgent Help!

Urgent Help!

I just went to pick up maggie and I felt something on her bum, since she is a long haired cat she had poop in her hair! So I got that all cut off. But the thing is she stinks now. really bad. I dont know what to do! Im tempted to give her a bath! its that bad. Any Ideas?? Does this happen to any of you long hair cat owners?? what do you do??

It happened to Shiloh a couple times, but I noticed it right away so she didn't have a stinky problem. Its not happened in a long time though.

If you give Maggie a bath, I'd get someone to help you. Usually it takes a small army to bathe a cat, hehe.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

hehehe, Thanks for the tip!

Whenever that happens with our gang I just use wet towel or wet wash cloth and clean them up. No soap just warm water and once you get it all cleaned up no smell.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

Thankyou, I just got done cleaning Maggie up with warm water and a towel. I think she hates me now! lol

Yep they don't like behind wipe time.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

My 12 year old cat Roxxi has to be wiped about 60% of the time after she poops. If I don't catch her right away, I am faced with "a real cleaning". She hates it, but always feels better so much afterwards. I use either unscented Baby Wipes or a wet cloth with a tiny bit of cat shampoo on it. She is an indoor cat and I never bathe her. She is also a fastidious groomer, but cannot reach her behind.

That happened with Mr Fluffy and Moose the Magnificent , so I put them , bottom first in the Laundry Tub downstairs , and That took care of matters!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

We have that problem once in a while with both of our long hairs. What I have done is either try to catch them and just wipe them off, or if it is beyond the just wiping stage, a quick wash off in the tub with some warm water works. They aren't happy but get over it quickly with a little bit of cuddling....also I found out that our vet with do a bottom shave and just cut the hair away from the "exit portal" and that works too. Just try not to snicker at them 'cause they look really silly with a bare butt....

EWWWWW, cling-ons!!! I'm so familiar with these. I keep Max's back end trimmed all the time to prevent them, and yes, I have to wipe him down sometimes too. Poor guy, it really takes his dignity away
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.