Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball 2009

DOUBLE EWE OH DOUBLE EWE!!!!!

Buerhle should buy that centerfielder lunch for a week.

What a catch...

------------

I love baseball when al kinds of really neat things happpen, I have to admit that I was kinda jazzed about the MR homerun last night.

I like baseball.

Buehrle said he bought everyone a watch after his no-hitter, and he figures this is going to cost him more

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    Buehrle said he bought everyone a watch after his no-hitter, and he figures this is going to cost him more
    The watch is kinda o.k.

I'd have a party for the team-hire a taco wagon, cold beer and salsa!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    The watch is kinda o.k.

I'd have a party for the team-hire a taco wagon, cold beer and salsa!!!!!!!
    Yeah, but this is Chicago, once home to the Chicago Stockyards. Beef, Beef and more Beef!!

The beer works; Milwaukee is right up the road.

Yeah, but this is Chicago, once home to the Chicago Stockyards. Beef, Beef and more Beef!!

The beer works; Milwaukee is right up the road.
    What the he!! are tacos made of?

Well, o.k....SOME tacos are made of beef!

-----------------------

My brother has played for a men's league at local parks around the area.

After the games they would go to a taco wagon in the area, to have post games meals/celebrations. Soon, they had the owner of the TW show up at the park and he eventually became the team 'caterer' showing up at playe's home events.

A boom box and some beer?

I guess steak and wine for a perfect game would be better.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Beef, Chicago style, consists of thick steaks - certainly not ground up chuck in a taco shell

The White Sox used up all their good stuff for that perfect game. Tigers beat them twice today - Verlander had a complete game this afternoon, final 5-1. Tonight we beat them 4-3.

Sox had 3 errors in the early game; none tonight.

Beef, Chicago style, consists of thick steaks - certainly not ground up chuck in a taco shell

Now you have insulted me.

I don't mean the mystery meat you get from Taco Bell, I am talking the real thing, Like off a taco wagon!

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Now you have insulted me.

I don't mean the mystery meat you get from Taco Bell, I am talking the real thing, Like off a taco wagon!
    I have no idea what that consists of

Hall of Fame weekend in Cooperstown.

Going in together, Rickey Henderson, base stealer extraordinaire, and Jim Rice.

An article about Rice. I see him a lot on NESN, doing Red Sox broadcasts.

Pete Rose

Interesting turn of events. Not sure how I feel about this - except that Dante Stallworth, NFL, runs down a guy with his car; does 30 days (?), and then will be back playing ball. Ray Lewis does time in prison - he's back playing.

From ESPN -

MLB commissioner Bud Selig appears to be "seriously considering" reinstatement for Pete Rose nearly 20 years after the hit king was banned from baseball for gambling on the sport, according to a report in the New York Daily News.

Olney Pete Rose was a great player with a unique place in MLB history. But his tarnished legacy won't be affected one way or another by his inclusion in the Hall of Fame, Buster Olney writes. Blog » Insider

Hank Aaron's support for Rose's Hall of Fame inclusion, which he mentioned at this weekend's ceremonies in Cooperstown, N.Y., is a strong indication of Selig's possible action, the Daily News reported.

"I would like to see Pete in," Aaron said. "He belongs there."

Lobbying for the move began five years ago but died when Selig became convinced Rose was not "reconfiguring" his life, the newspaper report said, part of the late commissioner Bart Giamatti's demands on Rose when he was ruled ineligible.

"I think a lot of the guys feel that it's been 20 years now for Pete, and would lean toward leniency and time served," an unnamed Hall of Famer said, according to the Daily News. "If he had admitted it in the first place and apologized way back then, he'd probably be in the Hall by now."

If Rose were to become eligible, it stands to reason he would have to be voted into the Hall of Fame by the 65 living members who make up the Veterans Committee.

Inclusion on the writers' ballot expires after 15 years, though Rose has never appeared on their ballot except by write-in. During his first year of eligibility, Rose received 41 write-in votes.

"I know there are still guys who feel strongly against him," said another Hall of Famer, according to the report. "And I don't know if that would change even if Selig clears him."

2 in one game!!

From Yahoo Sports -
    MILWAUKEE – Washington's Josh Willingham has hit two grand slams against the Milwaukee Brewers, becoming the 13th major leaguer to do it and first since 2003.

Willingham's first grand slam Monday night came with two outs in the fifth inning and capped a six-run inning for the Nationals when he drove the first pitch from Jeff Suppan over the left-center field wall to make it 6-2.

In Willingham's next at-bat in the sixth against reliever Mark DiFelice, he homered well over the Brewers' bullpen to give the Nationals a 13-5 lead.

Willingham's eight RBIs are a Nationals record and tied the franchise record for the former Montreal Expos.

The last time a player hit two slams in a game was Bill Mueller for Boston on July 29, 2003, against Texas.

The Pete Rose thing?

They proved that he did bet on games. Now, did they ever nail him for fixing games?

Theoretically, you can lose a game to cover a points spread, but I don't remember him ever being accused of that.

They let the home run record stand - broken by an alledged steroid user-
    And who owns the season record for homers?

So, we have cheaters on the field who have left a 'legacy' on the field and then a bobo who gained his shame off the field- so where does that put us?

Not a Rose fan, nor a Bonds fan. These two are not a good role models or good spokespeople for the game.

Going back to the Manny steroids thing?

I posted that people in El Lay don't care about the players, they care about the stats.

Look at the setup here?

The left field section is "mannywood" they sell the dreadlock wigs at 25 a pop, you can go to a game with a buddy for '99' dollars. All things manny are sacred.

The management made the 'MR' disappear for a while then brought him back with fanfare and song and dance. The McCourts know that MR still had golden eggs to produce, that is why they took such a low profile during the whole incident.

Bad enough bringing a player into the fold, then having him crash and burn.
    I'd love to have seen that happen in the midwest or anywhere baseball is spoken.

Every spring, I get all 'baseball giddy' then someone just effs it up for me.

I go back to watching the game. I don't need a score card, I look at some kid wearing the team numbers that belonged to some player that's long retired and I want to go back to when BB was fun.

Pete Rose was fun, I disliked him because he beat up my teams. Now, he's some old retired player that did it hard, and was always crashing into things.

He played the game.

Then you have people that played games to play the game.

Only God knows who did what and he ain't telling!

NOW I know why

The Pirates are losing. Any Pirate player who gets to be a star on the Pirates gets traded! Yesterday, Jack Wilson and Ian Snell were traded to Seattle for some minor leaguers and now last night I hear that Freddie Sanchez was traded to San Francisco! Nyjer Morgan gets going good and HE's traded to Washington with Adam LaRoche going to Boston. I can understand a team rebuilding itself, but the Buccos have taken it to a new level! It's a good way to guarantee more losing seasons.
    Last edited by davidpizzica; 07-30-2009 at 05:28 AM.

“Other sports are trivial,” father told son. “Baseball is important.”

The last line in this article.