Thread: movies you watched today

Has anyone seen 'Unstoppable' yet? I REALLY want to see that.

I have not seen it yet, as it is not screening here just yet, however on another NZ Site someone did a review,they said it was awesome,must have got an illegal down load i guess,so it sounds a pretty good film.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    watched "The Deer Hunter" on cable last night - I know it's been ranked as one of the 100 best movies of all time but I had nightmares after watching it.

I really want to see "How Do You Know" - one of the Chicago film critics said to ignore all the reviewers that didn't like it, and don't miss it. Also... the upcoming movie "Contagion" was filming along the Metra tracks in Western Springs, one town over from me and a LOT of people saw Matt Damon! How cool is that?!! (he's too young for me but he still makes me drool) So- good old Western Springs had a brush with fame!
    They were filming Contagion in the school my cousins go to in Wilmette!

I've mostly been re-watching things lately. I've watched Withnail & I again and some classic Doctor Who. Mostly Second Doctor and Fifth Doctor stories.

Niņo & Eliza

"True Grit" w/Jeff Bridges, Matt Damon and Hailee Steinfeld, who was really good, especially since she was playing w/the big boys. Josh Brolin had a bit part but as they say, "there are no small parts, only small actors". He worked it. Never cared much for Matt Damon but he did it. And, of course, Jeff Bridges really played the part. Well acted w/plenty of comedy and little violence. Go see it.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

"Christmas Story" was an excellent Finnish movie, filmed in Lapland, about the origin of Saint Nikolas. This is a movie that I will be adding to my collection of Christmas movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    "True Grit" w/Jeff Bridges, Matt Damon and Hailee Steinfeld, who was really good, especially since she was playing w/the big boys. Josh Brolin had a bit part but as they say, "there are no small parts, only small actors". He worked it. Never cared much for Matt Damon but he did it. And, of course, Jeff Bridges really played the part. Well acted w/plenty of comedy and little violence. Go see it.

Can't wait to see this movie!

7. How To Train Your Dragon

flippin' love that movie. though ive heard the movie is nothing like the book so imma see if i can get my hands on it an see whats so different about it

On E! TV... Knocked up. Watching it for the 2nd time, it just cracks me up!

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vette View Post
    How To Train Your Dragon

flippin' love that movie. though ive heard the movie is nothing like the book so imma see if i can get my hands on it an see whats so different about it
    I didn't know there was a book! I thought the movie was AWESOME!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    "The Fighter" w/Christian Bale and Mark Wahlberg. If Bale doesn't get at least a nomination for the Oscar, I'll be surprised. Based on a true story and Bale nailed the guy and his mannerisms. Excellent movie!

I can't wait to see this. What a pairing!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

saw "Good Will Hunting" again last night on cable ... that's a movie I just really like.

My sister received "Fargo" on DVD for Christmas, so we are going to have a William H. Macy film fest with that and "Pleasantville" after the holidays.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

We watched The Sound of Music last evening. Love that movie

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    We watched The Sound of Music last evening. Love that movie
    I watched it also. A childhood favorite!

Tombstone (1993)

Stars:Kurt Russell, Val Kilmer and Sam Elliott

I usually don't care for Cowboy movies but this one was very good and close to accurate. Recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by kokopup View Post
    Tombstone (1993)

Stars:Kurt Russell, Val Kilmer and Sam Elliott

I usually don't care for Cowboy movies but this one was very good and close to accurate. Recommend.
    Wyatt Earp with Kevin Costner.........good stuff.

"I'm Back !!"