Thread: movies you watched today

Ah now that is why i did not know of him, I am so NOT a trekkie fan,my husband is though and surprised he did not recognise him, however i have seen him in other films, tv stuff.

Now as for the movie UNSTOPPABLE, i did not think i would really enjoy a film , which was mainly about a train,however it was pretty good, quite exciting,bit predictable though, but 7/10 from me.

Chris Pine was fine in it, but for me it was Denzel who really was the best in th film,not particularly a fan of his, but he stood out in the film to me over Chris Pine.,anyhow that is Just my opinion.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

As a kid I would always sort of catch bits of the X-Files because my parents were fans and watched it all the time. I bought the second movie (the one my cousin says isn't cannon!) called I Want To Believe and I thought it was really good, I enjoyed it! I really liked the creepyness factor and the props were very convincing that even in the special features showing them up close they looked real.

Then yesterday I went to the pawn shop next door to where I work on my lunch and they have really good deals on movies and tv sometimes, it's just really disorganized. I managed to find season four of X-Files so now I've just started watching that.

Niño & Eliza

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Coraline. It was great! So imaginative! I loved it!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Hachi: a dog's tale I can say without shame that I have cried in many movies. I have never seen a movies with such a heart wrenching story line. Before the end of the movie my table was full of used tissue. This is based on a real life dog by the name of Hachiko. I give the movie 5 stars. If you need a soul cleansing tearful movie this is the one.

Machete. Crazy! I enjoyed watching it. Definitely not a movie I'd recommend to my mother! So over the top and bloody!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Quote Originally Posted by kokopup View Post
    Hachi: a dog's tale I can say without shame that I have cried in many movies. I have never seen a movies with such a heart wrenching story line. Before the end of the movie my table was full of used tissue. This is based on a real life dog by the name of Hachiko. I give the movie 5 stars. If you need a soul cleansing tearful movie this is the one.

I found a review & small clip from the movie here. Looks like a film every
    dog lover would enjoy seeing. (and crying) I'll have to see this one myself.

http://japancinema.net/2010/01/13/ha...-tale-review/#
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Extroardinary Measures- excellent
    Despicable Me- predictable, but still very cute and funny

I attempted to watch Green Zone today, but got bored after the beginning. My brother was supposed to have a line but ended up on the cutting room floor. You can see his name at the very very end of the credits though!

My sister was supposed to be an extra in Black Swan, but she couldn't go because she had class that day. I got some actors in the family! Not very successful, but still something.

I also recently saw "Country Strong", really sad and definitely not the feel good movie of the year. Some parts were kind of boring to but it was an overall OK film.

Anyone seen "No Strings Attached"? I'm dying to see it!

We had two free Redbox codes, so watched two movies the other day:

The American: starring George Clooney - it was slow, not very exciting, and a complete downer in the end. A "life rots then ya die" kinda movie. I don't recommend it.

The Town: starring Ben Affleck and the city of Boston/Charlestown - and for once, actually shot here. Kinda sad, brutal and gritty in many way, but at least stuff happened, and while the ending wasn't "and everyone lives happily ever after," it at least had a good ending that felt somewhat realistic.

So save yourself a dollar - or the time once it's on cable, and don't bother with The american. I'm even a George Clooney fan, but it had no even "dark humor," no anything.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by kokopup View Post
    This is actually on Hulu and I watched it the other day and CRIED MY EYES OUT! It was really good though!
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

No strings attached: It was ok, but pretty boring for the last half an hour. I do like Ashton Kutcher and Natalie Portman though so it was bareable.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post

The American

The Town

I have been wanting to see both of them! I know my husband won't like The American, so I will have to watch that one by myself. But, I think we'll both enjoy The Town!

I am working my way through Trial of a Time Lord, it's the story arc for the last few serials of the Sixth Doctor in the mid-late 80s.

Niño & Eliza

14. Serenity - awesome movie. wish it was longer.

Due Date - uh... not so awesome. LOL but its different. it lured me in. but never again.

Quote Originally Posted by Vette View Post
    Serenity - awesome movie. wish it was longer.

Due Date - uh... not so awesome. LOL but its different. it lured me in. but never again.
    Firefly is my favorite tv show of all time, and I thought the movie was amazing. I still wish they'd bring the show back and/or make another movie to go along with Serenity!

I thought Due Date was great!

I finally saw Toy Story 3. It was perfect. Bonnie reminded me so much of Clara.

And, The Kids are All Right. I love character dramas, and thought it was really well done. The kids were definitely way more than all right, they stole the show, I thought.