Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Look what I found on my back porch today!

Well, the kits and big kids and I all made it through the first night inside together. It was interesting to say the least. We all survived though.

We did have a tiny electrical casualty however. I sleep with a small battery operated radio with headphones to keep my neighbor's stereo from keeping me awake all the time. Miss Winnie munched through the headphone cord - twice! There was a long piece of it in the front room. I found it when I got up for a bathroom break. So, the baby kits had to be shut into the bathroom and Winnie into the kitchen for the rest of the night.

I can't believe she is worse than the kittens!!!

I sent a new email the lady at the SPCA. I told her to tell the guy I would help some with the gas if he would transport the kits. Maybe a little bribery will work.

I thought I'd lost the tortie this morning. I was coming back inside from taking some trash out. The two blackies got almost out the door. I grabbed them and an orangie who was trying to make a break for it. I thought I had everyone but when I did a nose count, the tortie was not there. I was so sick! I opened the door and there she was; between the door and the screen. whew
    Note to self: never ever EVER open an outside door unless the kits are behind closed bathroom doors!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

Little devils are FAST!
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

Quote Originally Posted by orangemm View Post
    Little devils are FAST!
    It is rather like living on Monkey Island!
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

Wow!!! They sure keep you on your toes. I'm glad that you all survived the night. Hopefully some bribery will help with the transport of 3 of the kittens. Good luck.

Surely they know SOMEONE who will help transport those kittens. If they don't or can't help you, who are you supposed to go to?
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Remember, MOFF - there are people here who are ready and willing to donate...I am sure we can fill the fellow's gas tank and buy him lunch into the bargain!

Tell the SPCA you have backers!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    Remember, MOFF - there are people here who are ready and willing to donate...I am sure we can fill the fellow's gas tank and buy him lunch into the bargain!

Tell the SPCA you have backers!
    I did tell her I would help with the gas. I quoted $100. That's the amount I have put back for the kits shots. Getting the 3 to Texas is the top priority right now. My two can get their shots next mo.

I've been holding off asking for donations until I know for sure if we can get any to Texas or not. If we can get them to Texas, I'd want the donations to go to lvpets2002 to help her with her gas and the vet expenses for the 3 kits.

So, I'm just on hold right now. But having fun at Monkey Island. We (and all my electronics) made it through another night together. I just have to remember which room what cats go into and when.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

I'm off to the vet this afternoon with the little shy black kit, who I call Chip by the way.

He doesn't seem to be feeling as spry as he usually does this morning. He's usually right in the middle of any action going on. This morning, he seems to want to stay cuddled in the blanket on the kitchen floor most of the time. He did eat well this morning.

We had really awful storms move through last night. I'm hoping he is just tired but want him checked out, just in case. Since they do spend nights in the bathroom, and even the cleanest bathroom is a germy place, I want to make sure he's not getting a bug or anything. I'll have her give him his shots too if she says it's ok.

We go at 1 this afternoon. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

Good luck, little Chip!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

I sure hope Chip is okay and if not that it's nothing serious. Good luck at the vets.

Prayers and good wishes being sent for little Chip.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

I love the name Chip for the little guy Have you decided on a name for the other dear sweet blackie yet? if not... how about Dale ?? you know.... Chip and Dale ...
    Nothing says love like a kitty purring in you ear

1-1-06 buddy in basket bright

Good wishes and prayers for little Chip.. and all of you!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Little Chip had quite the adventure: his first bus ride, his first thermometer up the bum, his first vet visit, his first antibiotic, his first weigh in. He is a whopping 2 pounds and estimated to be 8 weeks old. His vet says he had a fever and a bacterial infection. So, he got his med and some sent home with him.

He goes back next Wednesday for his first shots. She wouldn't do them with him being sick. He's busy telling all his siblings about his adventures right now. (his first worming too)

I'm thinking the lady at the spca has no intention of helping us. I called again this morning. She was busy feeding dogs. The lady I talked to said she would have her call me right back. She never called. She never answered my email the other day either. I wish she would at least have enough nerve to tell me she didn't want to help us.

Oh, I named the other blackie Chuck. That makes Chester, Chip and Chuck.

Still need to name the orangies. I was holding off because I was hoping to get them to lvpets so she could name them. Now, I just don't know.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

That's just terrible she won't help. Well I posted up for help but I will repost and we'll see what happens.

Maybe we could try to post for some help on craigslist or somewhere else too.

Melissa

Edit: I just e-mailed a bunch of rescues in OK and I hope maybe one of them might know of someone will to transport these kittens. Are we looking at only transporting 3 kittens?
    Last edited by Anikaca77; 06-09-2010 at 03:52 PM.