Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I think Abbey has a bladder infection....

Abbey is at the vet's right now. Since she had to do an x-ray and run some tests, she wanted me to leave her there until this afternoon .
    I did put her in the entrance way this morning, which is gated off (to keep everyone from running out the door) while I let the others out. Poor girl, she was whining--she couldn't figure out why they could go out and she couldn't. Then she was excited when I leashed her, thinking she was getting a walk, but I put her in the car instead. She got sick in the car, of course, but was ok once we got to the office. We had to wait outside, because there was a cat in the waiting area, but she was a good girl.
    Not too pleased to be going in the back with Dr. Ritchie, but a good girl nonetheless.
    I should have news by this afternoon sometime.
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

What a brave little patient you are, Abbey Hopefully the time will pass quickly and before you know it, you'll be back hoome with Mom, Dad and ghe fur gang! Most importantly, we want you to be well Sending love and positive thoughts your way, Abbey!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Abbey is home, I picked her up around 3 today.
    She is taking Cephalexin right now, to clear up the infection, but we are awaiting the results of the stone analysis, which will take a few days, as it had to be sent out.
    I looked at her x-rays, and Dr. Ritchie showed me what I was looking at, and her bladder is clean--no more stones--what interesting pictures I saw!!! I was panicked at first when I looked alone, because I thought she had a tumor--as it turns out, she hadn't pooped yet, and that's what I was looking at

She definitely has an infection, which was assessed from her urine sample, and she took her first pill good from me, with a little friend from the peanut butter What they need to find out now is if the stone was caused by the infection or vice versa.

She seems to be feeling ok now, although she had an accident in the house a while ago--hopefully she's on the mend!!!

{hugs to Abbey} Hope she starts feeling better after being on the medications for a day or so!!!!

So far, 3 days on the medication, and she is having a few more accidents in the house. Tonight she went outside, and ran in and peed in the living room The door was still open, it's not like she couldn't get outside, I'm not sure what's going on. She's squatting and going, so it's not like she cannot hold it and she is walking and going--I don't know.
    She is still going outside, but she'll go out and go a little, and walk around and go a little more. She is getting all the praise in the world when she goes outside, and not scolded when she goes inside, because I know she is sick.
    Last night was the most disturbing though--she had a little accident outside of the bathroom, and I noticed blood in her urine.
    I know it's probably just because of her infection, but it really scared me.

I will be talking to the vet on Monday to see if she got the results of the analysis yet, and see what she thinks about the accidents. I'm sure it's all because of the infection, because they're just little accidents, not like the puddles I know she is capable of.

Sounds like she *may* need a stronger antibiotic. Three days on the antibiotic should be long enough to get started clearing it up and I wouldn't think you should be seeing blood at this point, though that is definitely from the infection. Yep, sounds like it's time for a call to the vet.

Poor Abbey, I hope she feels better soon, I know she's uncomfortable.

is she on that horrible canned food? falon has an infection(found out yesterday) and they gave me this NASTY canned food because his pee insn't acidic enough.. he wont eat it but that is all he is aloud to. and he is on anti-biotics as well.. its hard but does clear up soon. no worries.

How's Miss Abbey feeling, Emily?

Thanks for asking Micki!!

Our vet doesn't want to switch her antibiotics until she gets the result of the stone analysis, but good news--no more accidents in the house, and she is peeing normally outside.
    I'm hoping the results are good from the analysis too!!

That's great to hear that she's going normally now, I hope it continues like that

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

I'm so glad Emily, to hear that finally Abbey's beginning to improve. Those urinary tract infections can be tough to treat. It will be interesting to learn what the stone analysis reaveals. Keep up the good work sweet Abbey girl! Star and Cody send you slurpy licks and happy tail wags!
    Last edited by tatsxxx11; 11-26-2003 at 03:56 PM.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Originally posted by lovemyshiba
    Thanks for asking Micki!!

Our vet doesn't want to switch her antibiotics until she gets the result of the stone analysis, but good news--no more accidents in the house, and she is peeing normally outside.
    I'm hoping the results are good from the analysis too!!
    I’m so glad she’s doing better! Yay for Abbey! Let us know what you find out about her stone.