Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cinder & Smokey ~ Just Checking In...

Re: Cinder & Smokey ~ Just Checking In...

Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke
    Miz Zippy's been kinda houndin us kuz we haven't been seen too much here on Pet Talk lately...

Glad you guys checked in with us--we were worried 'boutz you. Furkids, you get well real soon and no matter what yer Dad sez, don't bite the in-sure-ants ppl!

We sure didz miss you guys!

Zippy aka the Hound

Hey Cinder and Smokey, Bella here! Wow you guys are havin' your problems wiff the itchies and knee bones, and eyes and all! I betcha don't even feel like bein' NAWTEE DOGS. That's too bad 'cuz then it is all left up to the rest of us to be XTRA NAWTEE to make up for no nawtee dog tales from the two of you. I always try to do my part, you know that! Then I was readin' some stuff about lil Keegan the other day and she is doing real good in the nawtee dog department too. But we needs you both to be gettin' better and get those tales a rollin'. Tell yer dad we miss hearin' bout him too, and those two cats I live wiff even were askin' about ole Boots.

Well, Mom says time for me to get off the pawboard. Hopes you will be feelin' fine reel soon.
    Love, Bella
    Last edited by Pam; 04-04-2002 at 08:37 PM.

Yo, Cinder and Smokey! Even tho we're katz, we're happy to hear from ya!! Bummer about the visits to the white coat guys. Stump here: I just learned I gotta go back to see Dr. Sheri so she can check on my thyroid again, just to make sure everything's still ok. Fooey!! Dr. Sheri is cool (she sez I look like a million bucks even after the thyroid incident last year!) but I hate to go there!

You guys hang in there and take extra good care of Mr. Phred. He's a special human!! Our human Ms. Cindy is glad he's back on Pet Talk!! Lots of purrs and headbumps to our tux buddy Boots!

Love.
    Stump and Emmett
    Cindy (aka Manxcat)
    household staff of Stump and Emmett

FINALLY!!!! We were going to organise search parties if you didn't check in with us Don't leave it so long again please.

I'm sorry to hear you have not been well recently, I hope you are going to get better and better. And by the way Cinder and Smokey, do you think you can knock some sense into your dad?!? Of course we want to hear from him too!

AT LAST!!!!!!

Wonderful to have you boys back even though you've been feeling poorly lately - hope your both on the full road to recoverey and that you can persuade your dad to get back on board - we've all missed his input and need him back - SOON!!!

I know your big brave boys but Bagel, Ketchum and Dan send fond Miaows and big sloppy purrrrrrrs to you both.

I could do with some of your medication Smokey - if it's helping your knees it might do something for my old joints too!!

Lynne

Hi Cinder and Smokey, sorry to hear about your itchy problems.
    and that you both are not feeling well. We will be sending out positive thoughts and prayers your way for a speedy recovery.
    Tell your Dad we miss him and will be glad to hear from him.
    Jackie

Hi Cinder and Smokey! Carina here.
    It's good to hear from you boys again, even if the news are not very good. Sorry about the itchies,the bum knee, and all those trips to see the white coat guy.
    Mom and I hope you start feeling better really soon (withouth any Sir Jury intervention) and we send many get well wishes.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

"All men are created equal but none of them is equal to a dog." From the "Howard Huge" cartoon..

YIPPEE!!!

NOW everything is back to normal!

We sure are glad to hear from you guys.!! I don't like hearing that Cinder and Smokey are making so many visits to the white coats and poor Dad has to pin them down to get the medications applied.

I remember when insurance used to be a smooth event. How did we let it get to be such a mess now?

But what you DIDN'T SAY and makes me happy is that your Mom isn't too ill and it's just the insurance that is sick!

Phred, yur gonna be pritty buzi reading all of the posts to you guyz, cuz we are pritty happi yur bak!

HAPPY DAYZ ARE HERE AGAIN!!

Phred & Cinder & Smoke, I searched all over the board to find you. You are so very much missed. Please don't believe for one second that we don't want to hear from you. You 3 guys are top of the list of reasons why Pet Talk & its humans & animals are so great. Please post again...
    I'm sorry you're having such a hard time re the insurance company. I hope it all gets sorted out soon.
    About those itchy hot spots. Our Sheltie Danny developed them years ago & he chewed so hard that they'd turn into raw spots. Then he'd have to take antibiotics to prevent infection. Over the years, we've found ways to make his hot spots manageable...some of the help has come from vets but some has come from other pet owners.
    First I learned to get in early on a hot spot...just as a pink bit was forming & Dan was beginning to bite it. I cut all the hair back around the hot spot (so hairs don't irritate it further & so it's got a chance to dry out). Then I spray the spot with Scholl's Tinea Powder Spray ( available in supermarkets & pharmacies. This product dries, relieves itching & burning sensations.)
    Second I battle to keep all fleas off Danny...& use Frontline regularly. To do this means keeping the fleas off the other animals as well...including the cats. Anything you can do in the battle against fleas in the environment is good. (A man who owns working dogs told me that one of the best flea deterrents is to take dogs to swim, regularly, in salt water.)
    Third I keep Danny's diet bland...rice, Pal chicken casserole, vegetables & a dog dry food that has no artificial colourings.
    Fourth the vet prescribes prednisone tablets to be taken at the lowest possible dose if the hot spots get out of hand....but they don't too much these days as a result of doing all the preventative things above. But I always have the prednisone tablets on hand...
    Hope this helps.
    Marie

Itz the hound again! lol

Ya know....

I know Mizzer Phred's gotsa diggie cam, so....

I think we're due a lil' uppy-date pic on the pups and Boots "Tuff-Stuff" the kat!

Kin we hav an uppy datey puleez?

Originally posted by gini
    Kin we hav an uppy datey puleez?
    Yep, we second that opinion! Where iz you guyz?!?! Hopez yourz all OK!!!

I keep checking for an update from The Big Three. Guys, you're missed here in AussieLand.
    Marie