View Poll Results: PET PHOTO CONTEST IDEAS

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • The contest should include all animals in one big group.

0 0%
  • The contest should only include dogs and cats, in separate groups, of course.

0 0%
  • I like the 4 groups dog/cat/small animal/large animal, with sub groups funny/cute/ugly, and all-around. I don't think prizes are necessary.

7 28.00%
  • I like the 4 groups dog/cat/small animal/large animal, with sub groups funny/cute/ugly, and all-around. Yeah, please have prizes!.

8 32.00%
  • I like the photo contest idea, but we need a writing contest,too!

2 8.00%
  • I don't like the photo contest, but I like the writing contest.

1 4.00%
  • I like the idea of a writing contest and a photo contest, but I want more stuff, too!

0 0%
  • My pet is the cutest! Why have a contest?

5 20.00%
  • Other. Please write your suggestion below.

2 8.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VOTE-VOTE-VOTE-VOTE! PET CONTEST!!!

I think the contest would be fun if it don't get too complicated.
    I would not have the 'cutest' dog, cat, pet as that could hurt feelings. I think something like funniest would be fun and not hurt feelings.
    Myself I would keep it to just funniest dog, funniest cat and funniest pet. The three catagories that are here in PetTalk.
    No writing contest, to me it just complicates the idea, it should be fun for everyone whether they participate or not.
    Simplicity is the key, you will get surprised how complicated it can get with this many people who may participate and those who may join to get into the contest.
    Just my ideas
    Jackie

I think that for now we should just do the funniest pic contest like Jackie said. After we see how that goes we can see about other contests. Does that work?

I think for this we should have real prizes. We can make a list of those willing to donate one. I am willing.

I was thinking as a separate thing some time we could have some sort of auction, and donate the $$ to a pet organization.

Originally posted by wolf_Q
    I think that for now we should just do the funniest pic contest like Jackie said. After we see how that goes we can see about other contests. Does that work?

I think for this we should have real prizes. We can make a list of those willing to donate one. I am willing.
    Fine with me! Simple is good! So you all just want funniest pic with three catergories (cat/dog/pet)? I did also like the idea of longest, biggest, smallest whatever, just for added fun. Maybe that should be a seperate thing.

As far as prizes go, I have no money. I will, however, donate a couple of hours of my time at the local shelter, in honor of the winning pet(s). I don't know, if that's sounds like a prize to you all, but it's what I can offer.

Hey is anyone great at poetry?! Maybe a prize can be a custom poem about your silly pic pet(s) by a resident poet! I would love that, plus it is something everyone can enjoy!

Originally posted by popcornbird
    I love writing poems so I think that would be a great idea! Come to think of it, no one completed our "joint" poem that I started a month ago. It was going so well and all of a sudden everyone stopped writing...but oh well. I hope writing poems about our pets would be great.
    So can we count on you to write a poem for a "prize"?

Can you post a link to the group poem? I don't think I was around to read it the first time.

Has everyone put in their two cents?