Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Prayers needed for Allen -- He's at the RB now

We went through this with Samson. We treated him as long as we could, but we knew when it was his time. Such a sad thing... Thinking of you while you are walking this road. It isn't an easy one.

{{{{hugs}}}} Ask your vet about giving the fluids a try. They may give him many more months of comfortable living.
    The vet can do the fluids the first couple of times and teach you how. That will also give you an idea if the fluids work for him.

He is a beautiful boy - you will do the right thing.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Oh no , not Poor Allen.
    Itis so sad when Our Dear Old Friends start showing signs that they are not well, and may be close topassing on.
    You feel so helpless and wonder what yoou can do to buy your Cat Comapnion more time.
    We are prayiung for Dear Owesome Orange Allen, that he can recover and have more time with his Meeowmie and his Dear Companion Cats.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Prayers being sent your way. I have to say the second photo in your post is gorgeous. I would frame it and put in on the wall.

I'm thinking its best to let him go. They say you know.... I feel like he was looking at me and telling me to do just that.

The vet has him on fluids at the moment. I figure to wait a few hours and see if he's perked up and taken interest in food. If not, I think I will let him go. Its a matter of quaility of life for him (as well as my other guys)

I don't want him to feel left out because he can't eat their food, or to be grumpy and start fights when they want to play with him. The fights he has been picking with the other the past few months have been pretty bad (lots of screaming and fur flying -- actual fur flying). See the scratch under his nose? Someone got him good a week ago. Harry had a matching scratch the same day so I think those two got into a nice little fight. Its usually Mikey and Allen. He's been rather testy lately. How fair is it to have him miserable and always fighting?

I swear I looked into his eyes and he told me to let him go.

Your post brings tears to my eyes because it's never ever easy. It's so hard but you know what is right for him and for you.

When I had to make the decision to let Ziggy go it was so hard because he seemed well even though he wouldn't be soon. I'm praying for you and for Allen. It's so hard and never easy. Please know we are here for you and Allen.

Take care, hugs,
    Melissa

Give the fluids a go. If Allen perks up he may have a good life for some time to come.
    You know that Filou survived for 5 years- and even the 2 or 3 crisis he experienced in his last year didn't slow him up. He loved the Royal Canin diet food and his extra goodies like egg yolk - up to goose fat
    If the fluids don't make a difference then of course it would be time to let Allen go.

You and Allen are in my thoughts
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

I let Allen go. the vet said he wasn't responding at all. She said we could try for a couple days, but she didn't think she's see him bouncing back.

I am heartbroken. Goodbye my sweet, sweet boy. Keep Miss Nicki company. We will miss you.

I'm so sorry for your loss.
    Allen, be well and happy at the Bridge; peace to your family.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

RIP Allen.

I am so sorry, it is so hard at the end. Hugs to you at this sad time.

{{{{hugs}}}}

I think Allen gave you a gift - one last day of being happy and alert under the Christmas tree.

May that be your memory of your dear boy.

I am so, so sorry, Kim.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I moved this to Cat Memorial. Rest in Peace, big boy, knowing your legacy of love is secure on this old world.
    I've Been Frosted

Rest In Peace sweet kitty. I agree with Candace. That he gave you a gift. That picture under the tree is truely lovely. Hugs to you.

I'm so sorry. He was a beautiful boy. Remember the good times together.

Time helps the sadness subside, but the memories remain forever.