Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Weight loss tips?

Try drinking water, instead of soda. If you don't like the plain taste of water, try Fruit-2-O. It's yummy-tasting fruit-flavored water, sweetened with sucralose. Some people find sucralose has an aftertaste, some people don't - it's one of those weird genetic things. Sadly, I cannot drink anything with sucralose any more, but that's just my body that developed an allergy to it, along with my gazillion other strange food allergies. If you like the fizziness of soda, try seltzers.

I now drink water most of the time - sometimes you think you're hungry, when actually you're just thirsty. Staying well-hydrated is always a good thing.
    I've Been Frosted

Walk everywhere. At least one hour a day. That alone will make a enormous difference. MOVE!

Cook the bulk of your food, don't eat out.

Eat a good healthy big breakfast so you don't pig out later from hunger. My breakfasts are HUGE. I had a weetabix with banana, a boiled egg, wholewheat toast, and apple and a yogurt for breakfast (I eat that over about an hour period, not in one sitting) and I am full of energy until about one when I eat lunch.

Don't buy into diet fads. Just eat veggies, fruit, whole grains, and lean protein. I doubt drinking green tea will make a huge difference in your metabolism and most people put either a ton of sugar or artificial sweetener in it. Water is best.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Try drinking water, instead of soda. If you don't like the plain taste of water, try Fruit-2-O. It's yummy-tasting fruit-flavored water, sweetened with sucralose. Some people find sucralose has an aftertaste, some people don't - it's one of those weird genetic things. Sadly, I cannot drink anything with sucralose any more, but that's just my body that developed an allergy to it, along with my gazillion other strange food allergies. If you like the fizziness of soda, try seltzers.
    There's a product called True Lemon (also True Lime and True Orange) that are little packets that can be used to flavor water or tea. They are made from 100% natural ingredients with no natural or artificial sweeteners. It also has no calories an no carbs. I haven't tried them but have requested a free sample. It was voted in Prevention magazine as one of its 38 flat-belly foods.
    Click here for their website. You can get more information and a free sample too.

Sorry, haven't posted in a while. I've been trying to get in at least 45 minutes of physical activity a day, even if it's just chasing Nathan around the yard. I fell off the soda wagon today and had a couple of glasses. But I'm trying to do better! I already feel better about myself, just want to keep it going and not get over confident.

One can of coke has 12 teaspoons of sugar.

Quote Originally Posted by sumbirdy View Post
    Sorry, haven't posted in a while. I've been trying to get in at least 45 minutes of physical activity a day, even if it's just chasing Nathan around the yard. I fell off the soda wagon today and had a couple of glasses. But I'm trying to do better! I already feel better about myself, just want to keep it going and not get over confident.
    Don't be hard on yourself; that kills our resolve. Allow yourself some missteps and get right back to your new way of living. You're doing great!
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Don't be hard on yourself; that kills our resolve. Allow yourself some missteps and get right back to your new way of living. You're doing great!

Yep, that's what I'm trying to do! I'm very proud of myself. Something that has happened many times to me before though is that I'll lose some weight, feel really good about myself, and then tell myself I can eat something really bad for me just once, but then end up going back to my old diet. I'm determined not to let that happen this time.

Quote Originally Posted by sumbirdy View Post
    Yep, that's what I'm trying to do! I'm very proud of myself. Something that has happened many times to me before though is that I'll lose some weight, feel really good about myself, and then tell myself I can eat something really bad for me just once, but then end up going back to my old diet. I'm determined not to let that happen this time.
    I think we've probably all done that. It's normal to want to reward youself when you lose weight, so the next time, treat yourself in some other way. Maybe buy a bottle of new perfume or bubble bath, something small but enough to feel really good. Keep up the good work.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

A good tip is to eat several small meals a day instead of 3 big meals.

I've heard that eating 6 small meals a day is good because it keeps your metabolism constantly working
    3 meals and 3 snacks: breakfast, a mid-morning snack, lunch, a mid-afternoon snack, dinner, and then a snack about an hour before bedtime.
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Quote Originally Posted by pitc9 View Post
    A good tip is to eat several small meals a day instead of 3 big meals.

I've heard that eating 6 small meals a day is good because it keeps your metabolism constantly working
    3 meals and 3 snacks: breakfast, a mid-morning snack, lunch, a mid-afternoon snack, dinner, and then a snack about an hour before bedtime.
    That's exactly what my sister-in-law does. She's small and is able to keep her weight constant this way.

I weighed in today at weight watchers...I have lost 9.7 in three weeks, I an counting pounts and that has been working well.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Good job, Caseysmom!!!! My sister is faithfully doing weight watchers and has lost over 15 pounds in the last month. She is trying to lost 15 more.

Good luck to you, Sumbirdy. When you drink soda, are you drinking the ones with sugar? There are so many diet sodas that you can drink that won't give you the added sugar. You just have to be careful to limit the number you drink because the salt content is very high in soda. After doing LA Weight Loss for a number of months, I learned that if I limit myself to 2 Diet Cokes per day (my personal favorite soda), I'm fine and drink water the rest of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    Good job, Caseysmom!!!! My sister is faithfully doing weight watchers and has lost over 15 pounds in the last month. She is trying to lost 15 more.

Good luck to you, Sumbirdy. When you drink soda, are you drinking the ones with sugar? There are so many diet sodas that you can drink that won't give you the added sugar. You just have to be careful to limit the number you drink because the salt content is very high in soda. After doing LA Weight Loss for a number of months, I learned that if I limit myself to 2 Diet Cokes per day (my personal favorite soda), I'm fine and drink water the rest of the time.
    Are there any diet sodas out there that don't taste like diet at all?
    Visit my photography web site! http://www.purplepenguinphoto.com
    0.1.0 German Shepard/Chow mix (Kiley)
    0.1.0 Rosy Boa (Nelson)
    1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
    1.1.0 Leopard Geckos (Sampson & Delilah)
    *Sammy was Pet of the Day!!*
    http://petoftheday.com/archive/2007/September/06.html
    Please click and view my dragons! They need clicks to grow:

Quote Originally Posted by Gracefulsarah View Post
    Are there any diet sodas out there that don't taste like diet at all?

Try Diet Coke with Splenda. I don't like Diet pop at all but I'll drink that!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

frustrated

Rather than start another weight loss thread I thought I would resurrect this one.

I'm so frustrated!!!!! I've been on a good diet and exercise program for two weeks now and I haven't lost anything....nada. Yes, I'm 100% behind this and I'm doing this for myself.

Mon, Wed, and Sat are hard work out days. Tues and Thurs are swim days. Fri and Sun are rest days. I'm really watching what I'm eating....low fat, low salt, low sugar....lots of good fruit and veggies...cut way back on meat...eating lots of grains, legumes, beans...what more can I do? I don't eat any sweets or fried foods and I've cut way back on bread.

I drink tons of water all the time, no pop, no coffee, drink green tea...am I just being too anxious??? I would have hoped to show at least a one pound loss, but no...nothing.

My good friend and neighbour is doing this with me so we have a good support system in place. She inspires me and I inspire her.

I'm thinking seriously about WW. From your comments, it works so maybe it's time I give it a try.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.