Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I've been hiding something from you... *PICS ADDED POST 4*

And just think..the best is yet to come! Along with never ending surprises! Enjoy every second with your smashingly beautiful Sydney and her sis!

I've been Boooo'd!

Congrats, Megan, she is adorable. They both are. Actually Sydney reminds me very much of my sister's dog Daisy (boxer/lab mix). I can't wait to hear more of their antics. My one puppy is a handful, two puppies to help each other get into things is just too much.

Today's been pretty good, I took them both (yes, both, silly me) for a walk. It went better than I thought it would. It took a little coaxing to get Sydney to actually walk kinda nice on the leash. Bear (yes, Kate changed her named AGAIN! They've settled on Bear!) walks nice on the leash, but boy, I got tangled up! I might get a splitter for the leash, but really, Bear is only going to be with us for a few more weeks before they move out.

All's good!

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

Congratulations! They are so adorable! They definitely look black lab but the wrinkly foreheads also say Rotti to me!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Congratulations!! They're both adorable. I wouldn't get a leash coupler if I were you for taking them both on walks. They can be more disastrous than separate leashes if the dogs (and puppies especially) aren't used to walking on one.

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

Absolutely adorable! Nothing beats seeing a couple of cute puppies!

They are very cute. Congrats!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Oh, my gosh, what cuties! Oh, but puppies, what won't they get into! I also see a little of the Rottweiler in their faces especially in Bears.

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

They've both been doing good, Syd has really started to blossom. Syd went from shy and hardly moving to getting into everything! She's the one tearing up puppy pads and eating little things off the carpet.

One question, how often should I be taking them out? They hadn't had an accident at all in the first 36-48 hours we had them, now all of a sudden I'll catch one of them peeing on the floor in the kitchen. What should I do as far as discipline and getting them on a regular schedule?

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveMyAbbyGirl View Post
    One question, how often should I be taking them out? They hadn't had an accident at all in the first 36-48 hours we had them, now all of a sudden I'll catch one of them peeing on the floor in the kitchen. What should I do as far as discipline and getting them on a regular schedule?
    We just got Taggart yesterday (he's 6 months old). He had two accidents in the first couple hours (oops!). After that I made it a rule that he should go out as soon as he wakes from a nap or when ever he is wandering around a lot and hasn't been out in a while.

Do not discipline them for going in the house. You want to praise the dickens out of them for going outside. Decide on a command to use (for example we say "get busy" my family says "take a break") and use that while you are out and while they are going. Then, if possible, have a snack handy (that's optional) and praise, praise, praise. Praise alone worked for Zoee, but I think Taggart is going to be snack motivated.

Good luck!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

whata lovely couple!!... I see Lab on Syd and lab/Rott on Bear...

they are sooo cute and shiny!!...love them puppies
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Congrats!!! They're both adorable.