Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Borzoi show pictures- mine and related dogs

lollllll- mental glitch- thats what I get for watching a movie while typing.. lol.. Opps is right.. corrected with a good morning chuckle.. lol..

Quote Originally Posted by borzoimom
    lollllll- mental glitch- thats what I get for watching a movie while typing.. lol.. Opps is right.. corrected with a good morning chuckle.. lol..
    Always happy to provide a chuckle or two with your morning coffee!

By the way, when do your spring shows start? We have a 5 day all breed cluster here beginning March 1st. From then on there will be shows just about every weekend till June.
    To train a dog you have to think like a dog!

Quote Originally Posted by applesmom
    Always happy to provide a chuckle or two with your morning coffee!

By the way, when do your spring shows start? We have a 5 day all breed cluster here beginning March 1st. From then on there will be shows just about every weekend till June.
    Yea- I read that this morning and made a mental note to self- do not post when watching a movie.. Wait for the commercials.. lol..
    We start in March. With my health as it was in January- I am afraid I wasnt able to travel until 2 weeks ago- so I am dealing with cut offs. I wish we had a 5 day cluster. We have a cluster- but the distances is alot ( still trying anyway. Thats April 4,5 then 6.7th, then the 8th. As soon as I get confirmation from my handler for Zubin, I will know for sure she is going there. The 6,7th show is the one I am really looking forward too. The judge really liked Zubin last year, almost took the breed- but in all honestly- his coat wasnt ready. He is now looking much better, and moves more like an adult. We are hitting as many early shows as we can. Once Galina comes in, we are house bound unless I allow Zubin to be farmed out. ( which I wont do.. lol.. )
    This photo was taken at 18 months then the previous picture at 10 months. Although casual ( actually flat out awful.. lol) , you can see that adult coat is really coming in, and his body is more filled out- dont you think????
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zubin jpeg.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	218.4 KB 
ID:	34187   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 193.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	327.7 KB 
ID:	34188  

He's certainly lost the puppy look and has probably matured even more since then. His coat should be in great shape right now, though it might not be that great if it warms up before the shows and he starts to shed.

Heck, if I had a handler and a bitch at home expected to come into heat at any time; I'd sign him up for every show possible and hope that he'd be on a show circuit until she's done. He's such a happy-go-lucky goofball, he'd love a vacation. And you wouldn't have to worry about the weight loss and keeping them seperated. Get him finished and Galina through her heat without having to play musical dogs. Sort of like having your cake and eating it too.

What about Galina? Aren't you going to be showing her this season?

Yea- I read that this morning and made a mental note to self- do not post when watching a movie.. Wait for the commercials.. lol..
    We start in March. With my health as it was in January- I am afraid I wasnt able to travel until 2 weeks ago- so I am dealing with cut offs. I wish we had a 5 day cluster. We have a cluster- but the distances is alot ( still trying anyway. Thats April 4,5 then 6.7th, then the 8th. As soon as I get confirmation from my handler for Zubin, I will know for sure she is going there. The 6,7th show is the one I am really looking forward too. The judge really liked Zubin last year, almost took the breed- but in all honestly- his coat wasnt ready. He is now looking much better, and moves more like an adult. We are hitting as many early shows as we can. Once Galina comes in, we are house bound unless I allow Zubin to be farmed out. ( which I wont do.. lol.. )
    This photo was taken at 18 months then the previous picture at 10 months. Although casual ( actually flat out awful.. lol) , you can see that adult coat is really coming in, and his body is more filled out- dont you think????

He's certainly lost the puppy look and has probably matured even more since then. His coat should be in great shape right now, though it might not be that great if it warms up before the shows and he starts to shed.

Heck, if I had a handler and a bitch at home expected to come into heat at any time; I'd sign him up for every show possible and hope that he'd be on a show circuit until she's done. He's such a happy-go-lucky goofball, he'd love a vacation. And you wouldn't have to worry about the weight loss and keeping them seperated. Get him finished and Galina through her heat without having to play musical dogs. Sort of like having your cake and eating it too.

What about Galina? Aren't you going to be showing her this season?
    I am showing Galina until she comes in. And you have a point- after all- they are brother and sister. And although outcrosses in from mother to father, I would never breed sister to brother. ( however uh her pup if female as another outcross could come back to Zubin. - lol..) .. A bitch not being a champion is accepted if its a nice bitch more than a male. Males in this breed are champions, and my past was previously titles on both ends. He loves to lure course- but they can get hurt and he is not finished yet. Galina is a very nice bitch- but Zubin is more the showman and to die for in size and build. Its hard enough I cant show him in the ring- but to send him out.. I dont know- never did it before- actually I handled my own dogs before. Zubin needs a 5'9 or 5'10 AMAZON to move as fast as he does.. lol..

Also Borzois do not do a seasonal shed. There isnt any undercoat to start with. In Virginia our Augusts are dreadful in heat temps- I usually take off from late july to the most of August.

Does that mean they shed steadily all year round and never blow their coats? A special would sure have an advantage over some of the other breeds during seasonal changes.

What about bitches after whelping? Their shedding doesn't increase then either?

Also Borzois do not do a seasonal shed. There isnt any undercoat to start with. In Virginia our Augusts are dreadful in heat temps- I usually take off from late july to the most of August.

Does that mean they shed steadily all year round and never blow their coats? A special would sure have an advantage over some of the other breeds during seasonal changes.

What about bitches after whelping? Their shedding doesn't increase then either?
    Borzois drop or it breaks their long outer coat. Even if you look at the hair in a vac you will really never see short hair. If you brush Femka, Zubin or Galina- you wont get but a brush load- for all 3! Hottie has a mature coat- even then- its like half a brush load. Thats also why the older borzois have coats down soooo far like Kalarney. http://www.geocities.com/irishbrookborzoi/
    Borzois do show better as far as coat issues. .. I pity the collie people. I remember my collies- and I use to sit out on the deck with a green LAWN trash bag every spring.. The only thing that would hold me was I knew the others in the breed had the same problem of a "blown coat".

The only time a borzoi loses their coat is puppy coat to adult.

Its hard enough I cant show him in the ring- but to send him out..
    I know!

We let a very responsible friend who was in Junior Showmanship take Dusty on a show circuit. Even though she'd known Dusty since he was a puppy and her parents were with her, it was the longest week of my life. The parents fell in love with him, he had a blast, even slept in bed with them and we gained a dogsitter.

I know!

We let a very responsible friend who was in Junior Showmanship take Dusty on a show circuit. Even though she'd known Dusty since he was a puppy and her parents were with her, it was the longest week of my life. The parents fell in love with him, he had a blast, even slept in bed with them and we gained a dogsitter.
    Well both handlers I use are very well known. I wouldnt worry about his safety or anything, but its the fact or my boy being gone.

Up North. Where all your troubles freeze and fall off.
    ooooo Sundance is gorgeous!!! Imaine how many people would faint if you could provide a pic with sundance AND hottie... ooo I feel dizzy already... (need I ask for more? )

I'm head-over-heels for that 'agouti' colouring.... that and fawn... lol..
    STILL AVAILABLE BY E-MAIL

Quote Originally Posted by GreyhoundGirl
    ooooo Sundance is gorgeous!!! Imaine how many people would faint if you could provide a pic with sundance AND hottie... ooo I feel dizzy already... (need I ask for more? )

I'm head-over-heels for that 'agouti' colouring.... that and fawn... lol..
    Its doubful they would ever meet- but possible. Sundance's family has moved to Pa. and we are attending shows there.. We shall see...

All I can say is WOW Borzoi's are so beautiful. So royal and elegant looking, yet tall and fun I want one someday when I have my own place...but I don't know if they are bred in Canada

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

Ooooh, a BORZOI topic....

I *love* all the photos! Thanks so much for sharing all of them, as you know Borzoi are not too common on any message forum I have drooled over the big male Zois at our local show for many years, but unfortunately have never paid much attention the the girls.... Which leads to me to a question: the standard states height for a female starts at 26"; are there really that many females in the lower size range or do most rival the 30+" male Zois in height?

Eventually, I'd love to have both a Borzoi AND a large male Silken Windhound (25"-28"). I'd intended to get the Silken first to train as my future mobility assistance dog, but after several disappointments with planned breedings which didn't happen I'm thinking of reversing the order I get the 2 dogs I want. The main thing is the size variance since I've already bought crates, beds, collars, ect all sized for a 25"-28" dog.

Thanks in advance for any feedback

P.S.-after setting up my little sighthound forum, all my settings and everything were deleted

~*~*And he says 'Rhiannon don't go.... Rhiannon stay'.... And he still cries out for her.... 'Don't leave me.... don't leave me now'....*~*~