Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Busted Borzois-&B.whippet racing/& play vid/Hottie baby pics

here ya go..

"Get the Brother"

Borzoimom, I just want you to know I've had this bopping around inside my head since I watched the video of Galina and Zubin! So I researched it a little more. There is an award-winning Looney Tunes cartoon, "What's Opera, Doc?" - which is Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fudd's version of a Richard Wagner opera. (Oh, Bwunhiwde, you're so wovewy!) I think the excerpt playing on my intra-cerebral iPod is from Ride of the Valkyries, but I could be wrong. I don't know too much about opera. Or, for that matter, about Looney Tunes.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom
    Borzoimom, I just want you to know I've had this bopping around inside my head since I watched the video of Galina and Zubin! So I researched it a little more. There is an award-winning Looney Tunes cartoon, "What's Opera, Doc?" - which is Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fudd's version of a Richard Wagner opera. (Oh, Bwunhiwde, you're so wovewy!) I think the excerpt playing on my intra-cerebral iPod is from Ride of the Valkyries, but I could be wrong. I don't know too much about opera. Or, for that matter, about Looney Tunes.
    VERY GOOD!! With a music background- I always sing to my dogs. And yes- it is one of those silly things that gets in your head- and wont leave!! lol. Zubins song as a baby was " Scooby doobie do- where are you? You got alot of work to do now...." lol.. When Galina came, it did turn into Looney tunes.. lol. And what better than to hit the obvious "opera" spoof... lol

Up North. Where all your troubles freeze and fall off.
    Quote Originally Posted by borzoimom
    Hottie at 16 weeks old.. ( trust me- its a male.. lol..)
    Post some I haven't seen before!!
    STILL AVAILABLE BY E-MAIL

Quote Originally Posted by GreyhoundGirl
    Post some I haven't seen before!!
    I am sorry but I only have a few of him at that age. I have more pictures- but my scanner doesnt work and I havent gotten a new one. I tried again today for some other photos- and it wont store them.. hmmm..

Quote Originally Posted by borzoimom
    Hottie at 16 weeks old.. ( trust me- its a male.. lol..)
    Borzoimom this is going to make you furious! It made me mad and Hottie isn't even my dog. I almost fainted when I came across it. Someone (a supposed Borzoi Breeder) appears to be fraudulently using your pictures of Hottie and even his name, claiming they are his owners. They even described his puppyhood injuries exactly as you have in other posts.

This is what I came across while following the Borzoi webring from the site of Killarney's owner. The name Hottie jumped out at me and this is what I found.

Borzoi lovers webring

They've used the same puppy picture of Hottie that you posted here and the others of him lure coursing that you've posted elsewhere. Not sure if it's illegal but it's sure unethical of them to use photos and information of your dog in that manner and claim that he belongs to them.
    To train a dog you have to think like a dog!

Hottie was shown- and co owned until 3 years old when he could not show anymore. I told him he can use them. Although we have no more contact with each other- and quite frankly- they should have used a specialitist when he got hurt- I am still civil.. ( sort of..) All of hotties advancing condition is due to this problem. My vet said it should not have been put in a cast. I agree..
    Thanks applesmom- I know about them. .. They have accidents with their dogs all the time. Lucifer hung himself, his sister died in a teeth cleaning etc. Etc.... Hottie is registered now as only mine. ( along with the bills and care etc.. uh huh..)
    Its standard when the dog is retired to change the ownership papers with the AKC. I rarely did- but some do. ..AND- these are the same people that wanted to use Hottie for breeding. It was never satisified with me- did the accident happen because of a injury- or did it happen because of a weakness. I have only had one other dog that was injured to that severity as a puppy- but didnt develope the problems afterwards. Obviously- OCD is more genetic here than injuries.

Whew! Okay I'll calm down then!

Though it would certainly be much more ethical of them to simply say that he is a dog they bred; rather than to deliberatly mislead readers by claiming actual ownership.

The overwhelming majority of breeders would simply say "bred by Avatar and owned by..."
    To train a dog you have to think like a dog!

Quote Originally Posted by applesmom
    Whew! Okay I'll calm down then!

Though it would certainly be much more ethical of them to simply say that he is a dog they bred; rather than to deliberatly mislead readers by claiming actual ownership.

The overwhelming majority of breeders would simply say "bred by Avatar and owned by..."
    Its okay. yea- and note his 15 week old picture- has NO cast. Those two photos- he is holding him, and it was a week before the accident. I took pictures in his healing, but they were put in a box that were "whatever photos. " He looks so pitiful I do not use them. Its common with them to continue to hold photos. Even my breeder does it with Zubin and Galina owned by me, etc. Just like I can use their parents on my website. At least on my website- I give credit where it is due.. lol.. So does my breeder. Maybe why they do not breed anymore last I heard. I do not. Can't reason everyone. I told them along time ago they could. But I had since remarried with a different name than my old married name. I do not.. I could care less. roflmbo! We have little contact now. After all- his care is expensive and frequently here called the 10 grand dog. But I wouldnt trade Hottie for the world. you will notice I gave them credit on my website.
    BTW- ceph came out today for about 3 hours. We even got pictures of all 4.. lol.