Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Creamsicle is going to see Dr. Lee :-(

I'm getting worried

Cgirl has not meowed once since I gave her the first meds. Then she wailed, etc. Now she just sits and stares. She won't let me hold her and she sleeps a lot in the praying position, like she has to be on alert. She doesn't appear to be sick or anything and she's eating and drinking and using the litterbox but I give everyone Whiskas Temptations as a treat before bed and she wouldn't even come to me for that. When I put them down in front of her, she wouldn't eat. I'm calling Dr. Lee first thing in the morning. Dr. Feeman told me to call anyhow but I want to talk to Dr. Lee. Something isn't right.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Mary, hope that Creamsicle is acting like she is on the lookout for the next time you have to do something to her. That happens here, too. I have a few that allow me to ALMOST get them, and then take off as if they were shot from a cannon!!! Prayers for you both!!!
    Nine is Fine!!

I feel a little better now

I spoke to Dr. Lee early this morning. He said that she's probably sleeping in the praying position because her skin hurts. The meds are already working, which is good because sometimes they take up to a month. She's already forming scabs. So he said not to brush her but give her as much sunlight as possible. (Yeah, right. In Ohio. Uh huh.) And depending on how she might react, give her baths. (Yes, indeed. Having some fun.)

She was friendlier this morning. When I went upstairs for a sec, she actually came looking for me. But when I lightly stroked her, she cringed and then I realized that Dr. Lee is right; it probably is painful to be touched. So she's the "lucky" one, I guess. He also said that this is very common in horses because they're in mud and dirt, etc. I told him that I'm pretty fanatical about keeping a fastidious house. He said "I'm sure you're doing everything right. If you weren't, all your cats would have it."

Well, time to go be a meanie. She's gotta get the meds and be wiped down.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Creamsicle is going to see Dr. Lee

So glad Creamsicle is doing better.. Bless her heart.. Me & the girls sending good vibes & huggss..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Glad she is doing better today.
    on the sun light in Ohio
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

I hope the "skin hurting" phase of the treatment doesn't last long. Poor girlie! Feel better soon, sweet Creamsicle!

Mary, so glad the medicine's working and that's the reason for her behavior.

Hugs and purrs,
    Pat and gang
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery