Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Weight Watchers

Way to go, everyone! I bet you all look great! I am going to attempt to loose about 40 or so pounds this summer, wish me luck, please!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

I managed to stay pretty much on program during our stay in Texas and came home two pounds lighter My next meeting is Wednesday so will see how the "official" weight goes....

I have started a new beverage for when I go out to eat and I am loving it. I order water and save the $$ and ask for it with lemon. Then, I add a packet of Splenda and it makes the most refreshing water/drink I am not sure where I got that idea - either here or at my meeting. Hubby and I have also started splitting meals when we got out. We went to Cracker Barrel in Texas and I had a plate with four side dishes and that was really good - salad, green beans, carrots and then okra (fried but had to have it) We also went out for bbq and I had a brisket sandwich and skipped the potato salad and beans so I feel pretty good about that.

Aren't the prices of buying fresh produce expensive?? I paid 99 cents for a green pepper! Strawberries and grapes also seem to be high priced. Oh well, I think it does cost more to eat healthier.

My clothing is starting to fit more comfortably. At how much loss until some of you start noticing changes and when do others start seeing a difference? Missy told me I looked thinner when I was there but I can't really see it on myself yet.

Any meal ideas out there? Do any of you have trouble getting your milks in? How about oils? Water?

There are about 6 of us in the office counting points with Weight Watchers. When they see me drinking a pop they will say, "Shouldn't you be drinking water instead?" I bought a new 32-ounce plastic cup from the dollar store to keep at work. That way, one cup before lunch and one after.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

How are the PT Weight Watchers doing? Hubby and I are still working at it - he has lost about 15 pounds now and his clothes are all falling off. He seems to lose so quickly and easily!! I am still losing gradually.

Yesterday we bought me a bike!! I took about a 15 minute ride and am so sore today! That bike seat feels like a brick I used to be a hiker and in very good shape but the last years I have gone to ZERO exercise. Hopefully I can build back up. I go back to my Nephrology appointment in two weeks and am hoping my medications can soon be adjusted down

Any interesting supper/dinner ideas for summer? We have grilled out a few times and I love how squash tastes off the grill. The nice selection of fruits is wonderful, too

Congrats!

I have been having a hard time. I've lost 40. But I end up loosing a little and gaining a lot. So I need to re-adjust my food and excersize.
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

flatcoatlover - I know that feeling of losing really well and then being tempted to slack off. I am bad about actually writing down and counting points because I have done WW so long that it seems unnecessary - but it really does help me. So, this week so far I have written down every single thing. Are you able to make meetings in between showing the doggies? 40 pounds is amazing!! - bet you can see lots of difference? I picked up a code for a free trial at the WW Online and plan to check it out and see if it is something I would use - supposed to be software to keep track of points....Keep trying, OK?

Oh yes and I bookmarked and use a couple sites that are unofficial weightwatcher recipes and ideas. Hungry Girl is a nice site. I am trying to find a great site I used to have that listed restaurant and fastfood meals and points - anyone have something like this??

edit: Found what I was looking for!! Dotti's Weight Loss Zone Lots of restaurant foods already calculated

I used to be able to attend every meeting, but now I have to work Saterday mournings so I can only go to 2 meetings every month. I can't see the difference in my body, but my family said they can. I finally went down two pant sizes, so I can finally wear pants I wore three years ago. I don't really write my points, down. Kind of keep it in my head, I know it's so bad. But my hardest part is trying to drink all of the water.
    T.j (english setter)

Quote Originally Posted by Flatcoatluver
    ....hardest part is trying to drink all of the water.

oh YES I have trouble with the water too. I did find a drink I like and it is bottles of green tea - Lipton's Diet Green Tea in citrus flavor and I love that one. The white tea with raspberry is also good to me - so I keep these in the fridge and have a couple each day so that gets me 36 ounces - seldom drink plain water and I know I should I tend to drink bottled water from the fridge pretty well. I have thought of getting one of those quart pitchers with a straw and keeping ice water in there and maybe I would drink more, then. My daughter Missy brought one home from the hospital and something like that would be good to keep around.

I started Weight Watchers not too long ago. I just started my 2nd week on Wednesday and I lost 4.8 lbs on my first week! I'm doing pretty good! And since my last weigh in i've lost a couple more pounds. I'm on the flex plan and i really like it. It's really helping me eat a lot more fruits and vegetables than what i was before.
    Congrats to everyone who has lost!

Quote Originally Posted by sammy101
    I started Weight Watchers not too long ago. I just started my 2nd week on Wednesday and I lost 4.8 lbs on my first week! I'm doing pretty good! And since my last weigh in i've lost a couple more pounds. I'm on the flex plan and i really like it. It's really helping me eat a lot more fruits and vegetables than what i was before.
    Congrats to everyone who has lost!
    Congrats Sam! The first couple weeks were the hardest for me. The flex plan is my favorite. Haven't tried core, but it confuses me.
    T.j (english setter)

Yeah everybody! Sticking with it really pays off. If you feel discouraged, go to WW online & go into the chat rooms. People are really supportive & you'll see you're not the only one struggling. You can create a user acct. even if you aren't a member of WW.

Can I share my WW success with you? I've lost 31 lbs. No wonder nothing fits anymore! Just before moving i went back to the sister store (smaller sizes) to the one I worked in (plus sizes) & bought jeans & a couple shirts. I was amazed, before I used to buy mostly 16's & some 18's....my new size? 12! And regular Med.- shirts instead of plus sizes!

My husband's lost 25 lbs. so far, too. He's lookin' good!

Quote Originally Posted by Flatcoatluver
    Congrats Sam! The first couple weeks were the hardest for me. The flex plan is my favorite. Haven't tried core, but it confuses me.
    Thanks!
    Haha me too. The flex plan made the most sense to me and i didn't really bother reading up on the core plan

Congrats to you and your husband Cyber-Sibes!

Update. I'm into my third week. 3 pounds down, 27 to go on the first goal, 97 on the overall goal. I'm craving ice cream because it is scorching hot out tonight.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I've just finished my second week of ww's and have so far lost 7lbs. Haven't had a very good weekend this weekend, but weigh in isn't until Friday so i'll have to SUPER good this week!

I've set myself a mini goal of losing 1stone by the end of June - 7lbs to go....
    I started an account online and found that the people are really friendly and supportive...bit like the people on pet talk!
    Mandy

Kittycats_delight (Michelle) thanks for the great signature!

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom
    I'm craving ice cream because it is scorching hot out tonight.
    See if a local ice cream stand carries a new product called Only 8. (there's only 8 natural ingredients) It's only 1 point a serving, 2 points with a cone. We've been going out for it pretty often. It tastes really good.
    Congrats on the weight losses!