Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ugh.... Left My Animals There!! (Home: They Are Okay!)

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder & Smoke

think I'll wait for the "condensed version" to appear here on the forum ...
    unless it's a *secret* - in which case I guess I'll never know.

/s/ Phred
    me either! It's funny that people think PT is so clique-y - b/c I've never been in this clique.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

She said she would email people who responded...maybe she thinks others who didn't don't want to know???

Whatever...it's only life.

Glad all worked out ok.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Glad everyone is okay

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder & Smoke

Is there some reason for all this drama that requires individual E-mails rather
    than a simple POSTING of the details?

/s/ Phred

Give her a break Phred, she's got" 8 watermelons in her eyelids"

Hey, if she & her critters are all right now, does it really matter?
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by sandragonfly

malt, I'm definitely not mad at them 'doing their job'. some people can be just plainly so rude, too busy or too lazy to write and tell me at least something. it is my home, my kids and they asked me to leave. when I approached, one guy started talking, I said "(you'll need to) write...I can't hear." - he shook his head no no, shooed me back with his hand. I mean that less-busy-than-others guy was standing by his car talking to a radio, ABLE to write something - there were five of them around. he can get in trouble for that because what if there was a fire, would they let me write who's in there? or anything they need to know. when I gave up, walked to next cop who was interviewing a woman - he then realized I live there! passed me the card, pointed my car, "go." he just didn't put in much of effort for people like us.
    I understand you were upset but I had to respond to this. If it was urgent enough for the police to have had out their firearms, then they certainly wouldn't have had time to write down anything. And it wasn't because they were rude or lazy, it was because of the urgency of the situation. The officer talking on the radio could have been relaying suspect information, etc. Sounds like it might have been something like a robbery or a home invasion. Getting info quickly on crimes like that is very important. The more time that goes by, the more the chances the suspect won't be caught.

I'm glad all your animals are safe. I know it must have been upsetting.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud

Hey, if she & her critters are all right now, does it really matter?
    Does it really matter?

NOPE, not a bit!

dukedogsmom, not only he was 'too' busy (all cops are occupied when on duty anyway), he scoffed his head, rolled his eyes and shook his head out of frustration - I and others consider that discrimination too. and I can't understand they'd be too busy if they'd let me get inside to get my dog out.

"all this drama" is exactly why I don't post anything very much anymore here - nothing is secretive - I asked for prayers and go to those who I know would support.

google up the news if you must. and thank you everyone else for hugs - I wish they were real, was not a good day for me.

I have to agree with Gina. If it had been a hearing person, they would have taken the time to tell her what was going on, or at the very least briefed her about the situation at her HOME (not that she was a passerby). Brushing her off and not finding someone to let her know or write it down (it's not like the building was burning and there were firemen there or anything from what she stated... so not anything super urgent, ya know...).

If they would have taken the time for any other person, hearing or blind or whatnot, then they should have taken the time (I'm sure ONE cop could have helped her understand what was happening), instead of treating her like a bother, a problem, and blowing her off. What they did was discriminatory if she is the only one they treated in this way.

So sorry that you and your animals had to go through whatever it was that it was.

Glad that you're all safe now though.

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

Jenn, if it wasn't super urgent, the officers wouldn't have had out their weapons. That means something is in progress (hostage situation, burglary, robbery) or just occured. That is urgent. In situations like that, they do evacuate the area, at times. And they certainly don't have time to explain the situation at hand to everyone that inquires, resident or not. I tried to explain it nicely and diplomatically. I mean, I'm one of the ones that's been defending Gina the whole time. Why am I the bad guy now?

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

and I can't understand they'd be too busy if they'd let me get inside to get my dog out.
    They knew what was going on and maybe they knew the animals would be safe. And quite frankly their job isn't to go and protect our animals it's to protect the humans which is exactly what they were doing.

She said she would email people who responded...maybe she thinks others who didn't don't want to know???
    I'm not trying to start a argument here or anything, but if they don't want to know then they don't click the thread.

I agree with you Val.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Quote Originally Posted by dukedogsmom
    Jenn, if it wasn't super urgent, the officers wouldn't have had out their weapons. That means something is in progress (hostage situation, burglary, robbery) or just occured. That is urgent. In situations like that, they do evacuate the area, at times. And they certainly don't have time to explain the situation at hand to everyone that inquires, resident or not. I tried to explain it nicely and diplomatically. I mean, I'm one of the ones that's been defending Gina the whole time. Why am I the bad guy now?
    I'm not saying you are the bad guy (I never accused you of anything or even mentioned your name )...

I'm saying that any person who would have been in Gina's situation would have been frustrated if they didn't know what is going, especially when it's your home. There still should have been at least ONE person who was able to let her know (or any tenant/occupant of that home) what was happening. If it had been me, and they wouldn't tell me why I wasn't allowed in my home, I'd be ticked off and demanding an explanation from someone, whether they had to put me in contact with the station or someone else.

the cop walked up with me with flashlight and gun in his hand pointing everywhere, told me to hurry back down. I only got to open the door and called for crayola.
    That must have been extremely scary, I'm glad that you, Crayola and all your pets are okay.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Gina did they ever tell you what happened hun? I mean its the least they can do after putting you through all that stress. I'm sorry I didn't get to this thread earlier I've been under mom arrest because doc said I needed rest. (I could only sneak on the computer a couple times a day without her knowing) Where you at least able to get Crayola out?????

A positive attitude may not solve allyour problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.-Herm Albright

Gina, I'm only seeing this now, and I am so glad to know you and your babies are all safe!

Hugs and purrs,
    Pat and cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery