Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Goodbye Bunny Button

Lisa and Kevin, so very sorry to be reading this. I can't do much but repeat others: he was SO loved by all on PT; he had a much better life with you than he would have had at the park; he touched so many, and left a wonderful legacy for his short time here. And remember: HE picked YOU; well, he picked Kevin, lol! Remember the smiles and laughter and fun he brought. RIP Bunny Button.

Play hard at the Bridge, Bunny Button!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

The granddaughters are taking this VERY hard. One called this morning crying because she saw a picture of him. The youngest one (8 years) shocked me...she said last night Bunny Button laughed told her he found his parents. She had told me other things before like the cats have told her something, but I thought this was very weird, but in a very good way.

I have to say he was a fun bunny. He brought us a lot of laughter and they way he mingled with the cats was unbelievable, and they way the cats accepted him.

I sure missed feeding him this morning.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Oh Lisa, I am so very sorry to read this! You did absolutely everything you could have done! Just think how wonderful you made his last days instead of him being left to fend for himself in the park!

((((((((HUGS))))))))))
    Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

I found this today and it makes me wonder? Bunny Button did have an abscess!

Pasteurellosis: A highly contagious illness among rabbits caused by a bacterial infection that can rapidly lead to a rabbit's death. The symptoms can include white or yellow discharge from the nose, runny eyes, frequent sneezing, coughing, and difficulty breathing. Often a rabbit with Pasteurellosis will have matted, crusty fur on the front paws from attempting to wipe away the discharge from the nose. Pasteurellosis usually starts as an infection in the sinuses and can spread to the eyes or organs elsewhere in the body, encourage pneumonia, cause abscesses particularly in head and jaw, and infect the inner ear, causing the head to tilt. Pasteurellosis is caused by the Pasteurella Multocid organism, which is thought to reside naturally in most rabbits' sinuses but can multiply under certain conditions--such as in stressful situations or in older rabbits or very young ones--and cause illness and death. Pasteurellosis can be difficult to treat. Sometimes what appears as Pasteurellosis is actually a cold or another bacterial infection, which is generally treatable. Also called Pasteurella or snuffles.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

R.I.P little bunny.
    It's so hard with bunnies, once you see the signs (like not eating ro acting normal) they go down hill SO fast and usually never make it back up.
    They are one of the hardest pets to keep well as so many things can happen to them and take their lives way too soon.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Oh how sad. Rip Bunny Button.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Rest in Peace sweet little guy, may you find all the Parsley you can eat and enjoy running around doing Binkies. You will be deeply missed by your family and those who only got to know you through stories and pictures.

I will be praying for your family during this hard time, the little guys really do become a huge part of our hearts.

Ashley
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

I am very sorry for cute little Button. I hope he can play at the bridge with all the other bunnies and even the kitties.

I'm so sorry for your loss. You did your best and I'm sure Bunny Button did find his parents across the bridge. {{hugs}}