Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 3 More Kits NOW WITH THEIR MAMA...MORE PICS POST #26 AND 27

That's wonderful news!!! I hope she is still producing enough milk for them!!! Be careful with the biting thing, Tracey!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom
    You are a true kitty angel, Reachoutrescue!!!
    Agree totally and very glad mama kitty is able to be with the baby kittens.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Thank you for all your kind and sweet words...but I am not angel!! Just trying to do my part to save lives...just like so many of you are!! The animals are the true angels!!

Well, the lady that trapped mama kit was calling her "Oreo". Dave and I do not think that fit her too well, so we have officially named her "Taylor", after Taylor Swift...as this kit is very quick!!! She is a fiesty one and gives us our run for our money!!!

Taylor is doing better today though. She hissed and spit at me when I took the litter box out of her cage to scoop, but was quiet when I put it back. She lets me handle her babies just fine, which is great. I gave her some canned Evo cat food and as she was eating I was able to pet her gently on her head. She just kind of looked at me with a warning glare, so I just stroked her gently and backed off. I think she will come around nicely, but for now, it is going to be snail slow!! Here are the pictures I promised you all. Enjoy!!

Poor Taylor cut her nose in the trap. It is healing nicely.

That's all for now. I will keep updating you all as the days go by.

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

Those are some serious 'airplane ears' mama's got going on!! I'm sure Taylor is frightened though and trying to understand this human who is offering nothing but kindness. Something new for her I'm sure! Sounds like you are doing a wonderful job of caring for her and the kittens and I think your snail slow approach is going to work out well! Look forward to more pics down the road. Thanks for sharing them!

Thanks for sharing these pictures. I agree that Taylor looks scared and unsure about everything. Hopefully in time she'll feel much more secure with her surroundings.

Taylor is just beautiful! I can see how the babies are HERS for sure.

Wow, Tracey, if she is letting you pet her even a LITTLE bit, and handle her kittens...I think that bodes well for her settling down a bit.

Oscar was just recently tamed when I first got him - and the fellow had worked with him since spring, and he just started accepting forehead rubs in early November. He progressed quickly - and came home with me December 19.

Still...he had never been an indoor kitty for the first 2 1/2 - 3 years of his life...the first few times the toilet flushed, he RAN to the other end of the apartment! (Now he'll enjoy watching the water sometimes, and occasionally sits in front of the toilet wanting to 'watch the water'. )

Anyway, it took some progress...he is MY sucky boy, but shy of strangers, though he doesn't hide any more.

Those airplane ears on Taylor! Maybe you should have named her for Amelia Earhart, the famous aviator!

Please give her some scritchies for me when she gets to that point.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Sweet Taylor, I'm so glad you are with the baby kittens ... all will be well! gentle with one finger *pet

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

wow, sounds like you have made a little progress with mama Taylor! Of course she is scared, poor thing. I'm so glad that the babies are with their mama again. I'm sure with time and loving care she will calm down a bit.

Those babies are adorable!! And, yes, you are an angel for taking them in.
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

Love the airplane ears! Great pix, thanx!
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Watch out! That mama is coming in for landing!!! Bless her heart, she's just scared and protecting her little ones! What is it about all these black & white moms everywhere!!!??? She reminds me of my mommy (Pattycake) who was rescued from under that house! She's the one with the skinned off hair from her tail and back. She will still growl a bit when I first come into the room but once I talk to her she melts like butter!

The Kittens and Taylor are doing great! Taylor is coming around slowly. She still hisses and growls when I go near her cage, but she is letting me pet her more now. The kittens are getting big and they are so funny. Here are a bunch of pictures I took last night. I gave the kittens some toys....they kind of just stared at them, eventually they did start to play, but only after my camera was put away! Enjoy! (sorry for the blurred pics, I really need a new camera!)

Ginger

Ginger is the biggest girl...and very sweet.

Daisy

Daisy is funny...she always hisses when I pick her up...it is really cute. She is getting better though.

Abby

Abby is the most friendly of the three.

More in next post....

www.rornfp.org

Abby is just TOO funny!!

She loves messing with Taylor!

And now Mama Taylor....

Taylor and Ginger cuddling.

Her "airplane" ears are getting better every day.

When I was rubbing behind her ear, she actually start to fall into my hand...but that only lasted a couple of minutes then she backed off.

That's all.

www.rornfp.org

Oh they're so cute! It's the ones that hiss that I always fall in love with. My Puddy hissed at me the first time I saw her and I said "This one is going home w/me". They have such spunk. I love the pix, thanx!
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

What cutie pies! Taylor does look much more relaxed today! Give her a few more days and she will be begging for your touch!

Yay, Mama Taylor! I am glad you are with the baby kittens and I hope you will get more used to a caring hoomin looking after all of you. And you do have a very caring angel of a hoomin doing that!