Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Prayers for Ripley - He's Better! Update #95

I think the fluids DO make then feel better. Glad to hear he ate a little.

prayers for precious Ripley
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Lori sometimes my Ash won't eat a thing until about 3 in the afternoon,no matter how much i try, and he loves cooked chicken too, he is having that today and eating well,they often feel quite sick in the mornings,and once that subsides he starts eating again, it is such a worry all right,i am keeping those fingers and paws crossed he will turn around in the morning and suprise us all, th e kitties are complaining about keeping their paws crossed, but i told them it is all in a very good cause.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Ripley...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Ripley...We lost our beloved Billy (who was also 17) last June to CRF (chronic renal failure), so I know exactly what you are going through.
    It does sound as though he is/was quite dehydrated. How long have you been giving him sub-q fluids?

I'm very glad to hear that you were able to get Ripley to eat something... Often when they don't feel well, they just won't eat, so if he's eating something, hopefully that means he's feeling a little better.

The fact that he is in his hiding place is a bit concerning...Cats tend to hide when they are sick, so, and I'm sure you already know this, keep a close watch on him. They can go south quickly with kidney failure, so it's very important to really keep an eye on him. During the night, if he seems to worsen, I wouldn't hesitate to call your vet, though. In the meantime, hang in there, and know that we are all praying for you and for your Ripley.

Judy

P.S. If anyone is interested, there is a candle group at Light a Candle called "PURR" for cats...I just lit one for Ripley...Every little bit helps...
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."

Mahatma Gandhi

Lori, I'm so sorry to hear that Ripley's not feeling well. I'm so glad that you were able to hydrate him and that he also ate a little bit today. I'll keep him in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck at the vet tomorrow. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Poor Ripley. Keeping him, and you, in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm so glad to read that Ripley is doing a little better. My RB Puddy had CRF and whenever she was having one of those days, a subQ treatment always helped her to perk up. Atta boy, Ripley!
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Oh Lori, I'm just now seeing this thread. Oh course we'll send lots of prayers his way.

I'm sending a lot of prays your way for Ripley. He's very beautiful.

Take care,
    Melissa

He's much better today. Actually he made a big turnaround after midnight. He wanted to eat and he drank for what seemed like half an hour. Today he's out moving around and seem much more normal. I'm holding the vet visit off right now. They told us to give him more fluids tonight and see how he is doing tomorrow. He gets so stressed going to the vet and it makes things worse so since he is improving and we have the fluids here he can get them stress free at home.

Thank you everyone for the healing thoughts and prayers. The power of PT prayers is amazing!

From Decker with Love

Quote Originally Posted by weluvcats View Post
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and Ripley...We lost our beloved Billy (who was also 17) last June to CRF (chronic renal failure), so I know exactly what you are going through.
    It does sound as though he is/was quite dehydrated. How long have you been giving him sub-q fluids?

P.S. If anyone is interested, there is a candle group at Light a Candle called "PURR" for cats...I just lit one for Ripley...Every little bit helps...
    I'm so sorry to hear about Billy. Yes, you do know what I'm going through. It's hard isn't it.

The vet set us up with the sub-q fluids back in Aug. but we've only had to give them to him a couple of times. For the first couple of years Ripley seemed to only need fluids about every 5-6 months but now it's more like every 1-2 months which I know is still very good.

Thank you for lighting a candle. That really gave my heart some comfort.

From Decker with Love

If he doesn't need the fluids more often there should be plenty of room for improvement. You know that for 4 years now, Filou gets them one time per week and some more when he had an infection.

Just checking in to see how Ripley is doing today. My prayers for him and for you continue. Could I ask you to give Ripley some feel better lovies from me if he's up for it?
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

I'm glag to read he's doing better! Hang in there, Ripley!

Kirsten

Ripley...

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcat View Post
    I'm so sorry to hear about Billy. Yes, you do know what I'm going through. It's hard isn't it.

The vet set us up with the sub-q fluids back in Aug. but we've only had to give them to him a couple of times. For the first couple of years Ripley seemed to only need fluids about every 5-6 months but now it's more like every 1-2 months which I know is still very good.

Thank you for lighting a candle. That really gave my heart some comfort.
    Lori...I'm so very, very glad to hear that your Ripley is doing so much better! Like you said..."it's hard isn't it..." Hard is right!
    When you're on what I call the "CRF rollercoaster," the good days are so wonderful! When they have had a tough time, and then respond so well to the fluids, it just makes your day!
    It may be that Ripley may be needing fluids more often, but even so, every month or so is still very good. Bless his heart...Does he tolerate and put up with getting fluids well? I hope so. We were lucky with that...our Billy was always so good about that...I think he really understood that we were trying to help him.

I hope sweet Ripley continues to do well...In the meantime, hang in there, and know that there are many of us here who know what you are going through, and are praying for you all.

Hugs and Prayers!!

Judy
    Last edited by weluvcats; 01-19-2009 at 03:07 PM.
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."

Mahatma Gandhi