View Poll Results: Are your pets on any medication(s)?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes(what are they and why do they get them?)

22 50.00%
  • No

22 50.00%
  • I am considering it.(what meds and why?)

0 0%
  • My pet did take meds, but no longer needs it.

2 4.55%
  • I refuse to give my pets any medication.

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are your pets on any medications?

Casey had a bladder tumor 2 years ago and I chose to medicate her rather than chemo or surgery because she was almost 11 years old at the time. She takes Piroxicam which I get at the Rite Aid pharmacy. Piroxicam is an anti-inflammatory they discovered also works on tumors. Casey has had no bladder issues since she started taking the Piroxicam and she gets around pretty good for a 12+ year old Lab. When she was diagnosed I thought I was going to pass out. I love my vet!

Well, of the cats, only Sophia needs medication. She just finished a course of prednisone. Now we are just waiting to see if her sypmtoms come back. If they do, she'll need pred for life.

The dogs....I have an entire cupboard in my kitchen for their medications!

Earle, Delta and Chum are all hypothyroid and will need meds for that for the rest of their lives. Course none of them take the same dose, so I have three different bottles of thyro-tabs!

Earle also has anxiety issues and takes Clomicalm twice a day for that.

Sleet takes Tramadol for pain and seizure control(her seizures are pain based, if I can control the pain,no seizures. Tramadol works way better than Metacam for her). Sleet also takes DES for bladder control issues once a week.

Goldie takes Meloxicam daily for pain control. She's been on that for six years now!

Pirate takes a small pharamacy every day....Gabapentin, Tramadol, Metacam plus DES twice a week.

There's always someone on a short term medication it seems...anti-biotics, anti-inflammtories ect.

Heyoka has throat cancer, but we are still trying to figure out what if anything will help him. He'll eventually need 'roids and pain control.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Sasha is almost 15 years old, she gets a lot of meds now:

Shot at the vet once a month for her arthritis.
    Pain meds every morning.
    Sucralfate every morning.
    Thyro-tab twice a day.
    Glucosamine twice a day.

All her meds are from the vet.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

No, Snowbelle doesn't have to take any medication.
    -ErinExotic:]]
    Snowbelle's Catster:

angel my maltese is on pain pills because her knees are cracked
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

No, Pinot girl is not on any meds. She is 23 months old.
    She was, when we got her a year ago, on meds for a nasty respiratory infection and eye gel for weepy eyes (probably related) but that's all cleared up. She is almost definitely a carrier for the respiratory disease but shouldn't have any other problems herself.

At the moment I am very thankful that I do not have to distribute medications. Khaith and Kayla(two of the cats) are susceptible to hairballs and have to take some meds when having problems. That is about as much as we ever have to give.

After my rats hit 2 1/2 years I start supplementing their diets with Nutri-Cal. Unsure if that would be considered medication...

No meds yet, thank god, knock on wood. I do believe both Jagger ans Alaska will need them, as Jag jumped of a 12 ' cliff when he was 8 months old, so I am guessing he will have joint problems there once he gets older, and Alaska was beaten pretty bad in the backend before we got her, she lays down real slow,but everything else is normal, so we are expecting that to happen as she ages.

Lacey takes Hydroxyzine, as needed, for her allergies.
    Layla takes Diethylstilb for her Urinary Incontinence.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Ash is taking Fortekor and Anaplex a steriod half a pill of each every day, as he is in renal failure, he will be taking them until the end of his days,so far they have kept him going for over eight months which is a good result according to the vet, let us hope we have a few more months yet.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

All three are on Heartguard... But I'm assuming that most dogs are.

Eli is on Deramaxx, and has been for the last two months, for his spine problem. He started out on 3/4 a pill everyday, then I cut it down to 1/2 a pill every day (Because its easier than cuting a round pill in quarters!). Now he's on half a pill every other day. He seems to be just as comfortable and playful on the half every other day as he was when he took it everyday.

Not sure how long the Deramaxx will last. Probably going to have his liver levels tested tomorrow when we go in for annual shots. Surgery really isnt a good option for him at this time. It's not bad enough to make the super invasive surgery worth-while. The problem areas are down by the hips, where they'd put a plate in.

Zeke gets eye drops sometimes... he seems really prone to eye infections. Probably going to get more tomorrow, while he's getting his annual shots as well.

Bunny doesnt require any special medication, and never has in the past.

Bunny: BoxerxSheppard mix, Eli: Boxer, Treo: Boxer
    Zeke [RB]: RottweilerxAustrailian Cattle Dog mix

Oscar & Chloe: White's Tree Frogs, Kiwi & Wasabi: Green Tree Frogs
    I sell DVDs and other miscellaneous stuff on eBay!

Besides the normal heartworm meds.......both girls are taking glucosamine-chondroitin every day for their arthritis. Thank goodness that's it.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Yes. Blue just has some stuff to help clear up hotspots.

And I have ordered some Revolution for my rodents since they have lice =(

|Dashing Hamsters|

Slave To:
    Sam-Dog
    Lumiel-Hamsters
    Midnight, Ginny, Kiona, & Eevie-Cats

The dogs all get joint supplements. Zoey has hip dyslasia and sponylosis, but the other two get the joint supplement because T.j is older and Sage does agility. The supplement that they get is called Bio Joint by Biologic Vet, VERY pricey but I have had great results on it.

But we have pretizone(SP?), Salmon oil, and pepto bismol if needed.
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

My dog, Oreo, is on a heart pill and a Lasix pill now, because he was diagnosed with congestive heart failure earlier this year. He's 12 years old.

My other dog, Sandi, is 15 years old, and the only thing she takes is a mild tranquilizer when she gets stressed out over thunderstorms or fireworks.

My five cats: Shadow, Little Orphan Annie, Dottie, Spook, and S.A.M. don't take any medicine right now. But Little Orphan Annie was on an antibiotic in April for sinus infection, and Dottie was supposed to take the same antibiotic for feline acne. But Naughtie Dottie wouldn't cooperate, so she had to get a shot instead of taking it in the pill form!

My dear, sweet, Angel died on May 14th of kidney failure with liver complications. She wasn't on any medications at all, and we hadn't noticed anything wrong before it was too late. We keep wondering if there was anything more we could have done to prevent it. She had been to the Vet. for her yearly checkup about two months earlier and everything was fine. But they didn't do any bloodwork or anything---there wasn't any indication for it. She was only 7, would have been 8 years old on July 1st. If any medication would have saved her and let her live a longer, happy life, we wouldn't have hesitated to get it for her. But if it would only have prolonged a suffering, painful life, we wouldn't have had her take it. Regardless, she is gone and nothing we can do now will bring her back. I think of her every day, and I miss her so much.....................
    Rest in Peace, dear Oreo: April 20, 1997-July 18, 2011
    :Rest in Peace, beautiful Sandi: March 18, 1994-January 23, 2010

::
    Rest in Peace, sweet Angel: July 1, 2001-May 14, 2009

Deb