Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sad beyond words

Thanks everyone

Thank you for all the input and telling me to fight, but I beleve I did the best thing for poor Marigold. She has been adopted with help from Cat Sense by an older lady in the Pittsburgh area. I'll miss her a lot, however I feel it was best for her and me. At least she'll have a good home and be a companion to someone. I apologize for not responding earlier.

Glad to hear she'll have a good home. We know you did your best for her.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Glad to hear she'll have a good home. We know you did your best for her.
    Thank you, Karen. I think it was best for all concerned. Now, this way I can I can by cyber adopt everyone's pet on PT!

well David if you really think this is for the best for Marigold, then you have my support,any chance you may get visitation rights?
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Quote Originally Posted by carole View Post
    well David if you really think this is for the best for Marigold, then you have my support,any chance you may get visitation rights?
    Thank you, Carole. Donna did some checking for me on allowing a pet and found most of them wouldn't and the few that would allow it would charge a lot more. As I said, I can live on through all the pets here at PT.

I'm sorry this decision had to be made; sorry for you and for Marigold. It's heartwrenching. Peace to you, David, in this major life change (all the way around).

I so do not understand how this happened. You post sagas on here about your problems, losing your church, your job woes, your accidents, etc. You post 1 post about getting rid of your cat, receive tons of advice and then get back to people with the fact you have given her up??? How could you?

Ps:
    Save the hate mail/pms for someone else, please, I see too much of this on a daily basis to listen to all the excuses.

David is doing the best he can, so I think certain people on here should lighten up (Not pointing fingers here, or naming names because you KNOW who you are). I spent almost 2 hours on the computer and phone calling some of the places listed near David's area and the ones who WILL take cats are way too expensive ($2,700 a month). There is a lot more going on here than people are aware.

From what I've read, David was just asking people's advice. Don't smack him because he decided not to take it. He is doing what is best for Marigold UNDER THE CIRCUMSTANCES. Any of you walk a mile in David's shoes then come back and talk. Marigold is going to a wonderful home, not being put in a cage where she'll be depressed. Cats do adapt. Look at the one's I've had to rehome. Point made.

There are major changes going on in his life right now and he needs our support, not snotty remarks about what he should or shouldn't do. Both David's brothers are giving David enough of a hard time. Please just lighten up. Say and prayer and light a candle.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

moosmom, thank you for standing up for David. No one wants to give up their pet unless it is absolutely necessary. He did what was in the best interests of Marigold, not everyone on here. I don't know David, but what he did, he did from love. I admire him!

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post

There is a lot more going on here than people are aware.

Both David's brothers are giving David enough of a hard time.
    These thoughts have crossed my mind before ...

Maybe its time to consult with a Trusted Friend, someone from the Church,
    or someone from the Social Services agencies to review David's situation
    and review his choices BEFORE the house, the car, his finances, and his belongings
    are lost forever.

/s/ Phred

MoosMom, thank you.

Im sure David has been through more then enough coming to this decision.

Ive got some pics of my parents cats I need to pull off of my phone and share with yall.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Woah some are way too judgmental here, and yes you know who you are as Donna said, I like to think i know David reasonably well and i think to say such harsh things towards him are totally uncalled for, YOU are not in his situation, YOU do not know him as i do.

If Marigold is going to a loving home and is happy ,that is what matters here,if David felt he could no longer cope or could give her the best life possible he should be commended not ridiculed for his actions,it takes a brave person to part with their loved pet,and David did what he had to for the right reasons.

Not one of us here should make these judgments until you know the full story or have walked in his shoes.

Knowing David as i do he will be very hurt by a certain post.

So much criticism goes on here at PT sometimes it is just way over board,PEOPLE are important too,and Davids situation,dilemma,was one he felt he could share with many of his friends here who care and understand where he is coming from.,he came here for compassion,understanding,not to be kicked when he is already down.

Not one of us here knows what the future holds for us, anyone of us could be faced with re-homing a pet for what ever reason.It could happen to you any time.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Quote Originally Posted by carole View Post
    if David felt he could no longer cope or could give her the best life possible he should be commended not ridiculed for his actions,it takes a brave person to part with their loved pet,and David did what he had to for the right reasons.
    I whole heartedly agree.

ETA: I personaly would find it easier to rehome my dogs then to rehome Erp. David my thoughts and prayers go out you.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Thank you Carole!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Wow, I just caught up on this thread. While I am extremely sad that Marigold can not be with David, I am happy she is going to another home and not to a shelter.

David, I will try to post more pictures of Paizly for you.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)