Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sooooo... what would you do as an animal lover...

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I guess I'm going to have to ponder on this one for a little while, and talk it over with my grandma. I really don't want to put my grandmother in danger, but at the same time I know we as a family cannot sit idly by watching this poor dog wither away AGAIN. Our local AC&C doesn't have a great track record with confidentiality, and I know they will cause more problems between the neighbors.

If we do take her I'm going to have to put up another kennel to safely house her durring the day. My APBT is highly DA, and it's a chore and a half keeping her from the other 5 pups. I do live a few miles away, and the vet records I gave them have a previous adress. I don't have a landline so they can't 411 me. I really don't think these bafoons have much more of a thought process than that.

Agree with CatLady711 ...

Gets pics, call AC EVERY day. Call the local paper, etc.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Can you offer to buy her from the people? Maybe money will speak louder than their "need" to have a dog? Of course the concern is that they will get another dog. . .I also agree that sometimes animal control doesn't do what needs to be done. You might also want to check if there is an animal advocacy agency in your area and get them involved. They can push harder.

Good luck and bless you for all that you do for those poor babies. . .

Cathy

When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Catherinedana View Post
    Can you offer to buy her from the people? Maybe money will speak louder than their "need" to have a dog? Of course the concern is that they will get another dog. . .I also agree that sometimes animal control doesn't do what needs to be done. You might also want to check if there is an animal advocacy agency in your area and get them involved. They can push harder.

Good luck and bless you for all that you do for those poor babies. . .

Cathy
    Yeah, we tried it my grandmother offered them 500.00 for her when we first returned her... I know there was bad blood between them at the time, but maybe it's worth another shot now that things have "calmed down" between them