Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New photos and update, 7-12-10

Horrible! Those folks should be reported.

Bless you for taking in dear Taboo. Can you tell if she is skinny because they didn't feed her, or because she is old maybe ill? I guess time will tell.

Dear Taboo, things are going to get better sweetie.

Poor Taboo. Hopefully the peeing was because she was very upset. I hope she eats well for you and is healthy. Thanks for taking such a sweet old girl.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

I got Mr Fluffy more or less the same way Jen. His Guardian who loved him had to go to a Petless Nursing Home so My Dear Friend Norma Broadbent brought Mr Fluffy over after having him groomed.
    He was a Huge Fluffy Puffy Persian about 14.
    Sadly hois teeth were rotten through and through and I didnt realize this until it was too late.
    I was a Bad Pawpie
    This mans daughter took all of Mr Fluffys food , toys and blanklets and left him in an empty house drinking from the toilet
    Taboo certainly doe not look like a 17 year Young Cat , Jen.
    We are so sorry that she had so many false starts, buut now shes with one of the Very Finest People on Pet Talk, Our Heroes Jen and Charles!!
    God Bless You Both for Caring
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Quote Originally Posted by jenluckenbach View Post
    She's understandably upset and growling. She peed on the bedding and not in the box provided (now that worries me) :eek.
    In my opinion she is in a shock because all what happened to hear yesterday...! It must have been traumatic for her when you removed all that bad fur.... . But don't worry, she will get over it! And then she will be the most sweet and loving lady

Aw Jen, it is such a great thing you are doing for her, thank you so much
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by jenluckenbach View Post
    Morning update.

She eats! that's good. She's understandably upset and growling. She peed on the bedding and not in the box provided (now that worries me)

She'll settle.
    I'm with Lut. She must have been so scared after having her claws trimmed and her coat shaved down, especially since she was out of the routine of having her coat cared for on a regular basis. I'm sure she will be very beautiful when her coat grows in, she will have a healthy diet with you, not to mention tons of love and TLC.

Bless you, Jen for taking care of Taboo! And gentle *kiss* of welcome for her.

And a candle-
    http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...g&cid=10846355
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Oh, Taboo, welcome back into the real world of people who love and care for you! You'll settle in soon; just let Jen take real good care of you and it will be wonderful! Purrs and gentle headbumpies to you, sweetheart!

Thank you, Jen!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

good thing your paths reunited.. that baby so deserves a better chance..and even furless she´s so pretty
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Welcome HOME, Taboo! What a lucky kitty you are.. at long last!

God bless you, JEN.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Thanks guys, but I don't feel all that special. I wanted to help, we all help in our own ways.

Sometime while I was work she pooped in her box, and possibly peed too (i need to go scoop it out yet)

I will be taking her in to the vet Monday for what they call a "senior panel" combo blood work and urinalysis. We'll see how her liver and thyroid are, bladder and kidneys.

She was always a petite cat, so thin is the norm for her, but the tests will tell if there is more going on.

I dont know how her hair will grow in at her age, but I dont care. Its just that right now she's naked and has red patches here and there from the ordeal.

I'll keep you updated.

Aw, poor baby!!! I'm so glad you got her Jen.

I'd sure love to give those people who did that to her a kick where the sun don't shine!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for taking in this poor little girl! She must feel so much better without all that matted fur. She's a lucky lady indeed to have ended up in your care!

It is absolutely heartbreaking to see a cat in that state.
    You are a saint, Jen. Thank you for taking her in.

Jen, how are things with Taboo? Is she still eating and using her litter pan? I hope she gets an A+ at the doctor tomorrow .

Paws and fingers crossed,
    elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

-She has been eating well. She has used the litter box, with one accident after the first one. She drinks an awful lot and pees profusely...so we can be sure something will show up on the blood work. Age related, I am certain, but if we can control it all the better.

She still growls when I lift her out of the cage, but I assume most of that is pain...sesitive skin from being shaved so closely...maybe arthritis...and simply not feeling like herself with that cast of fur on.

I'll report tomorrow after the vet, but the blood results wont be until tuesday.

She loves her chin scratched and we got our first purr.

I hope that whatever condition that she may have that it's easily treatable. Good luck at the vets tomorrow.