Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ron Paul, others to introduce marijuana bill

Quote Originally Posted by Asiel View Post
    Be careful not to lump everyone in the same bag----Some really do need pretty strong meds just to breathe or move.
    There will always be abusers, be it for illegal drugs or prescription drugs.
    Everyone has the opportunity to make the choice they feel they want . Some make the wrong choices regardless of who or what they hurt.
    These people were junkies.

They demanded M and one guy was ready to go and he asked every single person - from the dietician, kitchen worker, phys therapist, to the to the nursing mananger if he could have a shot before he left. He signed out AMA
    but, wanted to get his shot before he went home.

The last 'kid' was nothing but a disrepectful, punk who called a friend on the phone to pick him up in the parking lot.

This moron was admitted into the room with and infected rod in his leg.

The staff told him NOT TO WALK W/O a cane, crutches.

He walked out of the room and left the building for about 40 minutes after the staff told him NOT TO LEAVE. He was the 'drug whiz' and during one conversation told someone on the phone that "the docs were stupid and didn't know what they were doing".

Out of the five people that I shared a room with?

All three begged for morphine and pitched fits when they were denied or made to wait for an injection....When the nurses came in to ask about our pain levels?

They were offered pills, but, instead wanted an injection. Then acted like little sissies when they were made to wait.

----------------------

I understand people need meds to make it thru a condition or illness. This group were just there for a quick high.

I know junkies/hypes/speedfreaks/meth heads and have seen them when they need a fix.

I stand corrected. Yes, from your description I can agree that they do sound like junkies or whatever names they go by. Some people will stoop to anything to get their daily "need" I guess. I usually just call them Morons or Idiots for choce of a better description but I guess you just gave me some others to use. Doctors out here would be having the police haul them out if anyone were to be as obn obnoxious and rude.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

The question is
    Why does anyone need to get high?
    What is it that you are trying to escape, forget?

Why do people get drunk?
    To escape and forget.
    You might have a drink to unwind but smoking a joint is different you are higher instantly.

If you need to get high everyday you need to figure out why you can't handle life.

It's not just a way to unwind, it is a whole lifestyle of being high and kicking back and tuning out. TUNING OUT WHAT AND WHY

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I totally disagree that people that smoke pot, are doing so to escape, forget, or can't handle life's issues.
    Some folks enjoy an occasional joint now and then - that doesn't mean that they are addicts and go around stoned all the time. It's no different than people who like to smoke "regular" cigarettes, have a glass of wine with their dinner, or a beer on a hot summer day, or a mixed drink at a party. They simply like the taste and the temporary euphoric feeling. People who run/jog/exercise, get this same feeling. Are they all doing this to escape???? Highly doubtful.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Pomtzu, I totally agree with what you said.

I know for a fact that a lot of people smoke a joint to wind down, after a stressful day at their job. If you get a good giggle on top, that's just great!

People who eat junkfood, drink alcohol everyday, or take various uppers and downers prescribed by their doctors, are probably worse off in the long run.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.