Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So what did you get for Christmas? :)

I really didn't get a lot. Some chocolate from hubby.
    I did give a lot of gifts this year. I'm a little disappointed because some folks didn't even thank me.

I got a $50 Walmart gift card from my brother and SIL in Texas. It's more like a credit/debit card so it can be used almost any where.

I got a check for $300 from my parents which I'm using towards payment of my new HP laptop that I bought myself for my b-day/christmas present.

The last two days I've spent a lot of time with parents which is nice because they're getting older and you just never know how much time you'll have with them.

!

What a wonderful present from your mother, Cindy! I'm practically in tears just reading about it!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

A pandora charm, spacer charm and chocolates. Oh and a turkey baster....dont ask.

X mas is only for the kids in this family apparently.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

In addition to the pneumonia:

I got a really nice long-sleeve T-shirt from my brother and sister-in-law that has a huge pair of cat eyes on the front and underneath is written "Cat Lady." How so very appropriate is this!

And a lovely scarf from my nephew, who now that he is out of school and working and making money decided he wanted to give presents to people. He's a real sweetie.
    Last edited by phesina; 12-27-2011 at 01:03 AM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

A really amazing cuisinart food processor from my daugher, totally shocked it is awesome. This was from my youngest.

My oldest had a grandma poem put on a canvas from my new grandaughters which I just love and had a grandma sweatshirt made that I love, some jammies and I picked out a nice black Tignanello purse for hubby to give me.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I've got some wonderful presents!!

From my hubby I got some books, and............. an "irobot_roomba‑564‑pet" , which is a vacuum robot!! I'm so happy with this, because vacuuming is not an issue for my poor back...

From my son I got a GPS and a kitchen thing with knifes:

From my daughter I got a jewelry box with separate stacks. I got 5 different layers and 1 top layer with closing lid. I can choose how to stack the layers, and I can also buy more!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Lots of goodies.........

Kindle Touch
    cover/case and screen protectors for Kindle
    2 Amazon gift cards
    Maxine wall calendar
    Wall hanging with a sentimental verse
    Microfleece throw
    2 pair of gloves and a pair of fuzzy socks
    Etched Venetian glass angel Christmas ornament
    Christmas cactus
    Chocolate covered cherries and raspberry filled chocolate squares
    Book Jewelry book mark
    Hand and body lotion
    A new purse (from me to me!)

But the best gift of all, was having the whole family together - all happy and healthy!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    What a wonderful present from your mother, Cindy! I'm practically in tears just reading about it!
    I know, I felt kinda silly but I just couldn't help the tears. I took a little nap last night with it. It is so heavy and warm.

I'm glad you are feeling better.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Pajamas from Mom and Dad (to be worn when i spend the night at their house )
    A candle from my nephew and niece-in-law
    A really pretty picture frame from my co-worker (we drew names)
    My brother had me in the family grab bag but he forgot to check his e-mail so... no pressie. I was NOT happy.

Taz-Zoee, what a great gift! Beeniesmom, thank you for the reminder about thank you notes. I need to do those tonight. And I'm with the people who wrote about time with family because I did get a whole day of that and we got along pretty well!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Pajamas from Mom and Dad (to be worn when i spend the night at their house )
    A candle from my nephew and niece-in-law
    A really pretty picture frame from my co-worker (we drew names)
    My brother had me in the family grab bag but he forgot to check his e-mail so... no pressie. I was NOT happy.

Taz-Zoee, what a great gift! Beeniesmom, thank you for the reminder about thank you notes. I need to do those tonight. And I'm with the people who wrote about time with family because I did get a whole day of that and we got along pretty well!
    I think your brother owes you a gift. Better late than never!!
    We had the opposite happen in Bruce's family. His brother already bought gifts for everyone then got the email showing we drew names.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

My boyfriend and I didn't really exchange gifts because money was tight. But I got from family:

A Kindle
    $20 to a local restaurant
    $20 to Olive Garden
    new mittens!
    body lotion, spritz, body wash, etc.
    a pizza oven!
    slippers
    a new shirt

I forgot what my boyfriend DID get me...

RINGWORM.

Ugh, I thought he got rid of it. (We both work at a pet store and some of the cats that we received had ringworm. ) His has been gone for couple weeks, but we must have missed washing something. BOO!

Merry Christmas everyone!

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

My Christmas came on April 17th of this year.

My biggest gift was $200 towards my plane ticket for Gallifrey One, the Doctor Who convention in LA in February.
    I also got nail varnish, a hat, two scarves, a book of Harry Potter themed bumper stickers, and a donation made to WWF.
    For our family gift exchange this year the rules were hand made or second hand, so I got an outfit from a consignment shop including a sort of rust colored Woolrich vest, jean shirt, brown knit hat, and brown paisley bandanna.

I am getting myself Niño's paw print tattooed on my arm, but I'm having a bit of trouble getting a good clean print for it.

Niño & Eliza