Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Introducing Kallie Update #20

She is very pretty! Glad she's got somewhere warm to "hang out".

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

She used the litter box last night. Yippee! Really likes chicken.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

She sure is gorgeous. I hope that she'll receive a clean bill of health and won't be found pregnant and that her spay will go well too.

What a gorgeous girl she is, and her coat is beautiful. So glad you took her inside. She seems to enjoy the soft bed and it's wonderful she gets along with the others.

Hope she'll find a loving forever home.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Well, Kallie was already spayed, so I only had to pay for the shots. The tech spelled it "Kallie" and I decided I liked it. She's walking around right now, a little wobbly. I'll report more later.

The way I figure, she was roaming around for two months, living in the woods and eating my food, so she's mine. She wanted in my house. So she's mine.

Did I say she's mine!?
    Last edited by mrspunkysmom; 03-13-2012 at 09:03 PM.
    Anne

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

So she's back in the room but the door in open. Jane was in there with her for a while. After I cleaned the poop box, Jane used it, making her mark. Bob is sitting in a box by me feet by the compter (I thought it was Sam at first) and Emily is in the kitchen as usual. Sam is on his green tree by the TV. Jane is on the short tree in the front hallway.

Spunky must be in the back with Kallie. Kallie and Spunky rubbed noses and rubbed against each other. Spunky wasn't impressed. Spunky does sleep on my bed sometimes.

So far so good. No growling or hissing by anyone with regards to Kallie. Sam did hiss at Spunky, but that's normal.
    Anne

Still good. Kallie's sitting in the window. The "others" have visited the litter box in her room, so I need to clean it again.

She's enjoying eating royally, and hasn't acted like she wants out. When she was outside she kept looking around as if expecting to come get her. She acted guarded during most of her feeding times. I haven't seen that in my place. She's still eating in the back room.

Yesterday I stopped by the store on the way home with her to introduce her my friends at the pet store. I held her in my arms and she was just fine.

Last night I brought her out to the living room and held her a bit. I put her on the couch and she explored. No issues. I went back to the bedroom and called her and she came back to the room. She is clearly comfortable in that room.

No hissing or other issues and all seems quiet on the Southern front. This is what I like.

I wanted a 6th cat months ago and was set to adopt one that was amiable when he was adopted by someone else and I ended up fostering Bertie. However I do like the 3 guys and 3 girls thing. For a gal, Kallie is laid back.

So I have 3 irascible kitties, one male and 1 female, and 4 laid-back kitties, 2 males and two females. It's a good mix.

For those of you that have more experience introducing kitties, I'd like your input. Sam was a kitten, no problem. Jane was young and after sleeping for two days, no problem. Emily, bob, and Kallie, have all reacted differently. I know they have purrsonalities like we do; I'm just interested in your stories.

Stay tuned for updates and pictures.
    Anne

When we introduced Domino to the household, Tallulah wasn't happy, but eventually he grew on her. Tallulah's kind of a jerk anyway, so she still only tolerates him, but there aren't too many tiffs. Bella, on the other hand, . Dommie is having a royal fit over her being in the house, but I mean, if you supervise and let them meet through a gate then gradually let them be around each other, they usually chill out unless they're weird . That's always been my experience.

So miss Kallie was already spayed? That's good! I'm glad she's staying because I certainly want more pictures of her pretty little calico face
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Roxyluvsme13 View Post

So miss Kallie was already spayed? That's good! I'm glad she's staying because I certainly want more pictures of her pretty little calico face
    Well, I have issues with spaying and then letting them roam. She doesn't act feral, but today she indicated she wanted outside. She may have originally been inside during the night and outside during the day but now they don't let her in at all. Or she was dropped off. The last few weeks she we at my porch within a few minutes of my arriving home. She was hanging out in the woods. One time she went through the horse pasture, but I didn't see her final destination.

I quit feeding regularly for a few weeks and she lost weight, so I started feeding her again. They drive very fast along this road although the speed limit is 25 so she could have become roadkill at any time.

I think I am justifying "poofing" her when I know she was homeless.

And yes, she is beautiful and sweet.
    Anne

By the way....did you say she was yours?
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    By the way....did you say she was yours?

LOL Let me see?

Yes, I did.
    Anne

I'm so glad to hear that she was already spayed and in good health. I'm also glad that the introductions have been going well too. Maybe some of your cats are now getting used to new arrivals in your home so it's not such a big deal any more like it was at first. I know that my Storm has seen so many cats come and go that it's not as big of a deal for a newbie to be brought into my home any more. My females still don't like Alani & Blaze though and I've had them since they were about 10 weeks old. They'll soon be 2 years old. If one of them even looks at Ziggy from across the room, she'll growl and hiss. My four boys get along very well. My bedroom has become a cat sanctuary for my four older cats because Alani & Blaze aren't allowed in there. I've always found the females are more difficult when it comes to new introductions and they're also more territorial. It seems like males can live in multi-cat households much easier than females at least this is the case in my home. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz View Post
    I'm so glad to hear that she was already spayed and in good health. I'm also glad that the introductions have been going well too. Maybe some of your cats are now getting used to new arrivals in your home so it's not such a big deal any more like it was at first. I know that my Storm has seen so many cats come and go that it's not as big of a deal for a newbie to be brought into my home any more.
    You're right about that. Spunky especially doesn't seem annoyed anymore and Sam is doing marvelously. Bob doesn't know what to think, but he is curious.

Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz
    My females still don't like Alani & Blaze though and I've had them since they were about 10 weeks old. They'll soon be 2 years old. If one of them even looks at Ziggy from across the room, she'll growl and hiss. My four boys get along very well. My bedroom has become a cat sanctuary for my four older cats because Alani & Blaze aren't allowed in there. I've always found the females are more difficult when it comes to new introductions and they're also more territorial. It seems like males can live in multi-cat households much easier than females at least this is the case in my home. Good luck.
    Yes, Jane stayed in the room with her a while, ate some of her food, and used her litter box. However, I think a lot of it has to do with Kallie. She's easy to like and doesn't ruffle feathers. No growling or hissing. Bertie started the growling and hissing and mine were thunderstruck. Bertie sealed her own fate, but thankfully is in a smaller household now. Sam is the only cat that growls and it is at Spunky. They have a love/hate relationship. They are Frienemies.

I've always found my male cats to be more entertaining. They also cause more trouble.

And, of course, Emily doesn't care.
    Anne

I totally missed Callie's 3rd Gotcha Day putting her at 4.5 years old. And she is out of the back area, hanging out in the living area, and having a little fun.

Wish her a belated Gotcha Day!
    Anne

I'm not allowed to change the title any more. Has this thread been archived?
    Anne