Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Meet the newest addition to our family...Dandylion!

What a special kitty Ms. Dandy

Robyn,

It just brings tears to my eyes, reading all the nice things about Dandy. It is also nice for you that now you have found the perfect kitty for your family. Dandy reminds me of Gabe, in that she has longish fur and is white.... but her disposition seems just right for being around Christian. She is a "keeper" for sure. She picked a great family to become a part of.... and vice versa.

Good luck with her - and I am sure she will give you lots of furry love for years to come. Thanks for taking her home with you. ...forever..... Isn't it funny how they steal your heart....?!!!

Love,
    Sas

What a beautiful foofy girl! Thanks for adopting an adult kitty when everyone is looking for kittens. Give Dandylion a scritch for me.

I'm so happy to hear you got a new addition. Dandylion looks and sounds like a real sweetheart, and seems to be more of the kind of kitty that could tolerate a small child like Christian. I'm glad you decided that Christian does need a kitty to grow with because I think it's so important for kids to learn about pets as early as possible.

It's sad you had to give up Gabe, but he really seems to like Camp Vermont and his new brother and sister, so, as I always say, things always work out for the best even though we might not be able to see it at the time.

Welcome Dandylion! Can't wait to see more pictures and hear all kinds of tails about you and your skin brother, Christian.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

She is precious!! I love her name, it fits her perfectly!! WELCOME DANDYLION!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

She is beautiful! I am happy for Gabe as well!
    Happy, purry endings!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Dandylion is sooo beautiful! How did you arrive at her name? i am glad to see things are working out for everyone. I do think it is funny that SAS has two slimmys and a fat boy..he he he..that picture of Gabe and one of the slimmys in the window really sets off the contrast.

I think it's great for little ones to be around animals. Last weekend there was this family of "cat virgins" (never had a cat) who wanted to adopt a kitten. They had a 3 year old. They were first looking at 2 11-week-old tortie sisters. But their foster mom said that they were little terrors. Then I showed them a foofy tortie named Brownie. She was a "teen ager" (5 months old.) This cat let me hold her upside down on one arm, so that was a good sign. The father had her in his arms and she was purring away. The family adopted the cat.

Here I am in my big brother's toy truck!!

I agree, Smokey. It is very important for children to be exposed to animals at a young age. It helps them to understand and respect animals and develope a love for them as children. My Christian is still learning what kitties are...b/c he is still very young...but he and Dandy have already established an understanding between them...when he just wants to play soft and pet her, she stays close, but when he wants to chase her...she knows to jump up on the top of the sofa and observe from there ( it goes w/o saying that I would never let him "play hard" with her anyway). I know they will be the best of friends as they both get older...and she is really the perfect cat for a young child to be around!! She is sooo relaxed and easy going and loves to be in whatever room Christian (my son) and I are in...we couldnt have asked for a better temperment in a cat!

Robyn

Originally posted by Karen

White puff of downy
    Softness, too sweet to let drift
    Away on fall's winds

Karen, that is lovely...
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Wow what a stunning beauty! Great name too!
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

She is so beautiful!! Congrats on your new addition!!
    "Careful what you say, careful what you wish or it may just regret it!"