Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who is able to help Naomi? (Nomilyn)

Originally posted by primabella
    Geez okay I'm sorry I posted. Saying a prayer for Bassett. And just for the record--by 'strangers' I meant, my parents would think this is some cheap ripoff from some person online. They wouldn't understand. The reason I posted a message was to send some good thoughts her way (and posting that would let her know) and explain why I couldn't send more.
    tell you what.....since we are getting the first round of donations in and there will be a second round......

Prima,
    do you have favorite baseball team????

here's the deal.....you pick your favorite baseball team and for four weeks i'll
    donate, in your name..

win- one dollar
    loss- 25 cents
    shut out- 25 cents extra

we'll start on friday 6/13
    and end on friday 7/11

what do you think??
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

lol No way Richard. I don't want you spending your own money. Besides, I hate baseball If you really wanna go for it, you can always list a bunch of teams and I'll choose one and they'll be the team I like best I just feel bad if you spend your own money on me.

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

lol No way Richard. I don't want you spending your own money. Besides, I hate baseball If you really wanna go for it, you can always list a bunch of teams and I'll choose one and they'll be the team I like best I just feel bad if you spend your own money on me.
    WHO SAYS I'M SPENDING MY MONEY????

i'm making a donation!!!

just don't tell me you are into horseracing!

who's the closest team to your house??

this is my good deed for the month anyway....so you might as well take advantage of the fact that
    by wisely choosing a baseball team you can do something for Bassett!!!!!

i won't tell anyone it's a form of gambling....

-faith hill

Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

lol Okay donating your money. Hmm...well I'm in Montreal so I guess the Expos?

from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.

Primebella
    there's nothing wrong with your posting what you posted, you're just a kid and can't help what your parents say...
    just pray for Bassett.

Mary - I'm glad you understand. I have. I've even made a few banners for Naomi (thanks for Richard's idea). I might end up scrapping them all but I can't decide between them. I was going to send her one via e-mail...

Mary - I'm glad you understand. I have. I've even made a few banners for Naomi (thanks for Richard's idea). I might end up scrapping them all but I can't decide between them. I was going to send her one via e-mail...

send all of them!!!!
    looks like i'm an Expos fan starting on friday!!
    -faith hill

Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

bump

lol thanks Richard.

I don't think my parents will let me donate either. I asked my dad yesterday, and he said no. He doesn't believe me But I will show him this again, and I'll convince him that this is a very good site, and everyone is nice here.
    But I just posted to say that I'll keep on praying, and keeping Naomi and Bassett in my thoughts. I really want to donate too, but I can't do anything about it either.
    Take Care!
    - - Tiffany && Blueberry - -

*bump

Charming banners, Primabella. I'm sure they will boost Naomi's spirits.

I like them all, but the pink one with roses really appeals to me.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Originally posted by bluekat
    I don't think my parents will let me donate either. I asked my dad yesterday, and he said no. He doesn't believe me But I will show him this again, and I'll convince him that this is a very good site, and everyone is nice here.
    But I just posted to say that I'll keep on praying, and keeping Naomi and Bassett in my thoughts. I really want to donate too, but I can't do anything about it either.
    Take Care!
    OK, then, Bluekat, I'll take a page from Richard's book and put in an additional donation in your name. . . since you're in Toronto, let's make it $ 2 per Blue Jays victory for the rest of June. Just keep an eye on the scoreboard for me and let me know how many they win!

LOL, I don't like baseball either, but yes, I'm cheering for the Blue Jays

Geez okay I'm sorry I posted. Saying a prayer for Bassett. And just for the record--by 'strangers' I meant, my parents would think this is some cheap ripoff from some person online. They wouldn't understand. The reason I posted a message was to send some good thoughts her way (and posting that would let her know) and explain why I couldn't send more.

I feel the need to more fully express my opinion. If you can't contribute financially, as I said earlier, that is really completely fine. It isn't my business if you do, just as long as I do. My 'issue' comes from the inane rationale...re: your parents. I assume, and maybe wrongly so, that you have an allowance, or pocket money, or are given money, within reason. That you would send that $5, $10, or what ever amount somewhere doesn't seem like it would really even register with your parents. You would simply do it. Just like you would go to the mall and buy a lunch, or a CD, etc. It is the rationalizing that gets me, not whether you do or do not contribute. It isn't that you should or shouldn't contribute, it is that, from my perspective, you are blaming your parents for something, cause it doesn't reflect on you, then.

Making contributions online is a very sticky area. And, there prolly isn't anyway for me to post my opinion without sounding like I am trying to bully you into something. I can only state that I am not trying to do that. I have this 'thing' about personal responsibility, and not owning up to it. I don't mean to signal you out Prima, I really don't.

It is for that reason that I think posting 'an excuse' should be left off...not the well wishes...the excuse..that is what my original post said.