Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Glacier's 21 Doggies!

yaaay!

WHAT A FAMILY YOU HAVE!! (thanks so much!!)

I got it all!! I'm very glad you thought to add a little bit about their history! how you got them, what happened and how they're now are always interesting to know. so...you have um,.. 7 girls (daisy too) and 16 boys total?

ok let's see.. muskwa, earle, sleet.. kayleigh, bandit, ..(looking back) preacher! franklin, goldie, delta and antare... aw.. oh chase! then raven... (looking back) sioux! pacer, founder, pingo, chum, hobo (will never forget both now), mac and ozzy.... ahh one more!! oh yes, paxil!!! and of course, deuce.. I saw him last ..& ozzy/mac's anniversary.

I must have missed hoodoo and daisy..will check out soon! wow.. you're an awesome person saving nearly all of them! they deserved much care from great couple like you and stuart.. I think stuart's really cool to have, he'd bring another one home!!

I love all and love see all of them altogether. and next time I see a new post from you and wouldn't be as confused as earlier, that's good! (for me.. heehee) I think this is also a good thread as a summary of your whole big lovely snow doggies!

now I have two questions... how often do you feed all of them? (or are some of them being fed at different time?) second, do you take 20/21/22 with you on every walk..? or just half of them every other day?

thank you again for sharing your time and wonderful pictures, especially founder! now, enjoy your dinner and rest your fingers.
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

I guess I was a little overwelmed too. I had no idea, or maybe I did. I'm not sure. But anyway, thanks for clearing it all up. You guys are extrodinary people. I'm sure there's a better word, but I can't think of it right now. Wow, I am still in awe. What lucky pups you have. Or should should I say, you are so lucky to have such special pups?

~siggy by LEXILOVER~thanx~

Thanks!

Wow, you have quite a crew.

I cannot believe how kind you are to all of your pets. You should get an award.

I love your photography and your animals......and think you have to be one of the coolest people on this face of the earth. I am always facinated by your stories and scenery.

I admire you and your husband. Thanks so much for sharing your lives with us.

Sas

Great thread I think I remember about 1/2 of their arrivals. Now you should do the felines. I bet many of the dog side don't know how many kitties you have too.

Re: yaaay!

Originally posted by Gina's Ark Inc.
    now I have two questions... how often do you feed all of them? (or are some of them being fed at different time?) second, do you take 20/21/22 with you on every walk..? or just half of them every other day?

They get fed once a day. This time of year dinner is served late in the evening. They don't eat much in the warmer months. Well, except Deuce and Hobo who act like they haven't eaten in months every day! Kayleigh and Deuce eat alone. Kayleigh lives in her own pen. Deuce goes into a small pen to eat alone. He lives with several other dogs in a pen, but he can't eat with them. No one else would get any food & there would be bloodshed. Heyoka gets tied up for dinner for the same reason. He would eat it all if he could! Goldie, Chase and Delta eat in their pen. Paxil eats in the house. She gets different food and is a extremely fussy eater. Everyone else eats in the main yard.

I walk them in groups of four or five. The groups change by who wants to come, where I'm going and who gets along with who! Kayleigh always goes alone. Hoodoo used to come with her, but since he left I haven't been able to find a dog she will tolerate. She liked Deuce for about a week, now she hates him! Kayleigh day is always Tuesday. She goes other days too, but always on Tuesdays and yes, she knows what day of the week it is. I will get told off if she misses her Tuesday hike.

Some of them are trustworthy off leash, some aren't. I have a Springer attachment on my bike for the non-off leash ones. I train them in groups of 8-10 with the ATV on cooler days. Everyone gets out of the yard twice a week at least, more during the winter. They also have four fenced acres to play in. So they have lots of room to burn off their energy.

Thanks everyone. We're lucky to have them.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Kitties too! Dare I ask?

~siggy by LEXILOVER~thanx~

Originally posted by Bigyummydog
    Kitties too! Dare I ask?
    8 cats in the house, 9 in my heart.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

OMG! I think I'm a little short of breath seeing all of those gorgeous doggies, hearing how you feed them with their different needs and then their different walk days! My goodness! When do you sleep? j/k

You truly are a saint! Every one of your dogs is beautiful, as are you and your hubby for letting so many precious babies into your home, but more importantly, in your hearts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ladies, we need to stop comparing men to dogs. Dogs are loyal!" Wanda Sykes

How wonderful to have all your dogs, and their stories in one thread! Thank you!

Great question Lobodeb; When do you sleep Glacier? Haven't we all wondered that. Feeding time must be unbelievable at your place every day. I'm very sure Glacier that all of your babies are very glad to have you guys too!! If you haven't received awards for your work, you certainly should have. You and your husband are two of a kind. How fortunate that you two met each other and are able to do the good work that you do. And for those of you who have never seen her kitties, they are equally as beautiful and well taken care of as the doggies. Keep up the good work and bless you both!!

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I feel like it'd be like meeting celebrities if I ever got to meet your dogs. Those are great photos, and, even greater stories.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Wow! Its nice to see them all in one thread! Thanks a lot, they all have great stories and I enjoyed each and every one of them.

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

Originally posted by Daisy and Delilah
    Glacier, what a wonderful presentation. All of your dogs are so special and you are a very special person to give them the life they deserve. Your husband sounds like a great guy himself. I am truly amazed that two people have accomplished as much as you two have. One of the great pleasures of this board is to see your dogs and kitties and to read the stories that go with them. Not to mention the mini vacations you take us on every day. Bless you both for the generosity, patience, and compassion you give those beautiful furkids of yours and we can never thank you enough for sharing it all with us.

Terry, Daisy, and Delilah

DITTO!!

I could not have said it any better. I am in awe of you and your life. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful furbabies with us. I can see I need to get to the cat side to see all of your kitties. I didn't know that you had so many! Keep on sharing with us

You and your husband are truly the most amazing people in the entire world!!! Thank you both for looking after so many fur babies that were in need. Thank you for this post. And thank you doggies, for posing so nicely for all the photos. You've warmed my heart and left me smiling - what a great day this is!!
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Originally posted by Daisy and Delilah
    Great question Lobodeb; When do you sleep Glacier? Haven't we all wondered that. Feeding time must be unbelievable at your place every day.
    I sleep from midnight to six usually! I'd really like to sleep in later as I am not a morning person, but to get to work on time plus get the other stuff done (litterboxes, water and doggie medications) i have to be up by 6. My husband has learned not to talk to me in the mornings! He doesn't start work til 10 so he just stays in bed and ignores me!

Feeding time is noisy and looks chaotic, but the dogs actually know the routine really well. They howl like fools waiting for their dish to get filled up. They can be heard for miles. They usually set off another dog team that lives about 2 miles from us! My dogs talk to Will's dogs several times a day.
    --John Irving