Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Pregnancy/baby thread

The day before yesterday I was having painful/uncomfortable contractions, five minutes apart for several hours. As the day went on they slowly tapered off to every twenty minutes apart... every fourty minutes apart.. less uncomfortable.. and then by night they were gone. Only had a few yesterday, and none today. My belly is growing and changing shape. Very round now.
    39 weeks

I have to walk hunched over with my legs spread out. Walking normally is painful. And I swear she grew overnight -- there's just no room left.
    Should be any time now. We have a big tally going on on FB as to when she'll be born and how much she'll weigh. My guess is Oct 1st, 8 lb 7 oz.
    I've been BOO'd!

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    How cute, makes me miss my belly! I looked at photos of my belly that I took the week she was born, and I couldn't believe my body was ever like that! I'm sorry you're uncomfortable, but you look great!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

How are all the PT babies doing?

I wanted to share a few new pictures of Lyra.

This little boot is one of her favorite things to play with.

Taking pictures in her cute dress.

Getting tired of picture-taking...

Also, Lyra waved at someone for the first time yesterday! She has been "practicing" opening and closing her hand to herself because people always wave at her, but I couldn't get her to wave to me. But yesterday we were at a coffee shop and a nice lady waved to her. She actually waved back! It was cute. But, she is sounding a bit stuffy today and I think she may have a cold- I don't really feel so great, either, so I hope it's short lived!

Yay! What a treat Lyra pictures. She is so pretty. I love her smile.
    ... Put's me in a good mood.

don´t you love the play with the weirdest things... lol.. my kid had this amazing toy but he´d rather play with an empty soda plastic bottle.. or the box the toy came in....

Lyra is so cute!!..

Oh.. Jordan.. I think someone is anxious to come out and play with the doggies...lol.. can´t wait for the happy news
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

OK MOMMIES,
    Need help/advice on slings or carriers.
    Since I'm flying out in a few weeks I thought it would be a good idea to purchase or borrow a sling/carrier for the trip that way I can be hands free when I need to be.
    What experience do you have with them? What brand was good or crappy?
    How much should I be expected to pay? Are they ok/comfy for the baby?
    Where do I buy one?

Quote Originally Posted by finn's mom View Post
    I'm sorry you're uncomfortable, but you look great!
    Thanks!!

I lost my mucous plug yesterday! Today is my actual due date that I'd calculated (the ultrasound technicians are off by 4 or 5 days but I humored them because babies rarely come on the right day anyways). I am predicting that I go into labour on Wed night and have her early Thurs morning. Just a guess hehe.
    I've been BOO'd!

PC- your daughter is adorable. I noticed the pic of her sitting up in her crib, and couldn't remember if you were the one that I posted the crib tent idea to. You are. Doesn't your crib go lower than that? I thought once babies began sitting up on their own that you were supposed to lower the crib to its lowest setting. It might be when they start pulling up/standing up, not sitting, LOL, it has been a while. But, you might want to double check that. If she can get to the rail on her own, with her top heavy head (ALL babies are top heavy...not saying she has a big head at all!!), she might go over. Ouch.

Carmen - the one I have is awesome. You can get it on Target's website. But, I actually got mine at a local store. It's called a Baby K'Tan and it is phenomenal. I get stopped at least once every time I am out with it on. People write down the name of it every time they ask about it.

Lyra is so beautiful! I love seeing her photos!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Thanks for the nice comments.

Quote Originally Posted by beeniesmom View Post
    OK MOMMIES,
    Since I'm flying out in a few weeks I thought it would be a good idea to purchase or borrow a sling/carrier for the trip that way I can be hands free when I need to be.
    Where do I buy one?
    We have a Baby Bjorn. I love it (and so does Lyra)! I flew with Lyra when she was 2 months old, and she slept in it from the time we got in the airport till we got to the gate (which was good because the security line was really long). She still fits into the Baby Bjorn now, I think she will probably fit for another few months at least. She really likes to be in it, and prefers it over her stroller. I think they cost around $80, which is kind of expensive, but you can probably pick one up used. I have also heard great things about Ergo Baby carriers- I am thinking of getting one for when Lyra outgrows her other carrier. You can use these as front or back carriers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic
    PC- your daughter is adorable. I noticed the pic of her sitting up in her crib, and couldn't remember if you were the one that I posted the crib tent idea to. You are. Doesn't your crib go lower than that? I thought once babies began sitting up on their own that you were supposed to lower the crib to its lowest setting. It might be when they start pulling up/standing up, not sitting, LOL, it has been a while. But, you might want to double check that. If she can get to the rail on her own, with her top heavy head (ALL babies are top heavy...not saying she has a big head at all!!), she might go over. Ouch.
    Yes the crib goes lower. Lyra cannot actually get into a sitting position independently yet. I was planning on lowering the crib when she could do so, but maybe I should do it before she can. I looked around online at crib tents but decided it would still be too disruptive to her sleep to have the door open- one of the pets would find a way to wake her (she used to be able to sleep through anything, but unfortunately she doesn't anymore)! My husband found a security camera on sale that we hooked up so I can see and hear her at night (I know that sounds weird...maybe it is! But I feel better knowing I can see her at night)- it hooks up to a little tv in my room.

Lyra sure is a Pet Talk baby - an animal in some form in every picture! She's such a pretty, cheery baby, give her a kiss for me! Love the pink cheeks! And I absolutely love her little hat in your signature picture, by the way.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by beeniesmom View Post
    OK MOMMIES,
    Where do I buy one?
    We have a Snugli that we really like. We are on our 3rd child with it, & it is still in great shape. I can't remember what we paid, but it was very reasonable.

Keep in mind, too, Carmen, that you can always return items you're not pleased with. As long as you don't wash them. My friend tried out four or five different types of carriers before settling on one.

Well, I got one today. I tried a bunch of different brands and types.
    I put her in them and walked around the store for a bit. I ended up getting this: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=2585641

Carmen, looks like a cute one! We have a baby bjorn that we haven't tried out, yet, but I also kept the receipt in case it was uncomfortable or too difficult. The Baby K'Tan we have can be manipulated into 8 positions, including the front and back carrier positions for when baby has more head control, so I may just use that one exclusively, even if David uses the Bjorn. You'll have to let me know how you like the one you got!