Page 29 of 41 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Pregnancy/baby thread

Still no baby for me... I have been guessing from the beginning that she'd be born tomorrow, but I honestly don't feel much different, other than baby's movement really hurts me -- I think because it's such a tight space for her now. So I'm not sure it will be tomorrow, even though I did lose my mucous plug on Sunday.

Did any of you feel really "different" before you went into labor? Or was it like any other normal day, and it just suddenly happened? I guess I just keep expecting that I will "sense" when the time is near, but I assume that probably won't happen. I know my friend was in Shoppers Drugmart and her water broke, she had no idea that was going to happen. And my grandma said she was standing on the side of the road, waiting for her ride after shopping -- it was winter time and she was wearing a skirt and boots -- she said her water broke and filled her boots -- she didn't feel a thing before that.
    Did any of you just "know?" I thought it would be neat if my guess came true and I have her tomorrow...

And I keep dreaming I'm having a boy. Now I'm worried the ultrasound technician was wrong. Most of my dreams lately have been coming true..
    I've been BOO'd!

Oh, and I know that a slight increase in blood pressure is a sign of early labor -- but my blood pressure went waaay up today. I was consistently 120/70 for my entire pregnancy up until about 37 weeks, and then it dropped to 120/60. I checked myself twice today -- the first time I was 146/74, and secodn time I was 145/83. This is highly unusual for me, I've had VERY consistent and really good low blood pressure throughout my entire pregnancy, my dr has been very happy with me. I just started having blurred vision in my left eye today that coems and goes -- I know vision problems can be associated with high blood pressure. I wonder if something is changing. I have a dr appt tomorrow so we'll see what she says.

Did anyone have a similar raise in blood pressure when their time was close?
    I've been BOO'd!

to me it was just any other day.. only that the last week or so i had to pee in the middle of the night.. then this night I went and everything was normal.. then I had a contraction.. 5 minutes later another one.. and I knew it was time.. went right on to labor... although I didn´t dilated but my contractions were as if i already was a 10 so they put me some IV to speed it up man was it fast..lol...from 0 to 60 in two seconds literally...

and boy do i know about tight space.. hehe.. so uncomfortable especially whe they try to stretch..lol

my BP always was on the low.. but kept that way... and i hope whatever your baby is.. a girl or a secretive boy arrives without problem and you have a smooth delivery
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

If you are having blurred vision from high blood pressure, I'd call your doctor's office and see what they say. It doesn't sound like a normal pregnancy symptom. Let us know!

Quote Originally Posted by Pembroke_Corgi View Post
    If you are having blurred vision from high blood pressure, I'd call your doctor's office and see what they say. It doesn't sound like a normal pregnancy symptom. Let us know!
    I agree, call your doctor.
    Towards the end I had high blood pressure. That's another reason why they scheduled a c-section.

Call your doctor if your blood pressure was up. Mine was up at my last office visit, and that is why they induced me as early as they did.

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I didn't feel any differently the day we went in to be induced. I didn't get the experience of "going into labor", so I can't really say on that. But, Clara hadn't dropped and I didn't dilate or anything, so maybe those things happening would be noticeable.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Jordan´s baby is here.. just saw on her facebook.. yay!!.. she was a girl indeed
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Yay, can't wait to see her!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I'm currently one-hand typing...lol

I had quite the labor and delivery. Water broke on Thursday, and Tyler Paige was born on Saturday at 8:11am. 37 hours and lots of pain!! LOL. I pushed for nearly 3 hours with no epidural and then they threw this 9 pound baby on my chest. Of course you never expect that something that large could come out of you at the time. 8lb 15oz.
    She looks just like Kyle. She has my lips and my ears, and that's about it. Alot more hair than we thought she'd have (we were both nearly bald), and it's quite dark -- both of us were very blonde, and even now we both have ash coloured dark blonde/light brown hair (other than mine is still faded dyed dark), so I expect Tyler's will change.
    She's been very good. The nurses were worried because she didn't want to eat less than every 5-6 hours. They checked her blood sugar though and said it was PERFECT, and she wasn't the least bit jaundiced so they weren't concerned. Now she's on an every 2-3 hour schedule. My milk came in early (what a messy experience!!! LOL) and that's when she started feeding more.
    I can't believe how SKINNY I am! I'm way thinner than I was before I concieved. I feel much better than the first two days. I did tear, so I have stitches now, and man are they ever a pain in the butt (no pun intended), but I had lost a great deal of blood so I couldn't move around much -- only to go to the bathroom or have an epsom salt bath. I had such terrible vertigo and vision problems and just felt really weak in general. I feel much better though, I just have to take it easy or my symptoms slowly come back. I went grocery shopping yesterday and nearly fell over LOL. Darn those large super Wal-Marts and how you have to walk ten miles to find anything....

I'll post some pictures later -- like I said, one-hand typing! Hard to nurse and copy/paste URLs at the same time...
    I've been BOO'd!

Congratulations, and welcome to the world little Tyler Paige! You she a first name with a very nice girl who is our neighbor, we have watched her grow up, and she learned from Miss Hoppy how to treat a bunny!

We look forward to pictures, and thanks for posting one-handed, mommy!
    I've Been Frosted

Oooh! Wonderful news! Can't wait to see pictures of your little one.

Thanks guys! Here are some pics:

I look like crap LOL

with Daddy

in the dark early morning

with my mom

pondering...

at home

fishy
    I've been BOO'd!

Well done! She is beautiful! It is so crazy how some babies never look like newborns, haha. She already looks a few weeks old! Glad you both are doing well. Thank you for taking the time to share photos!

Tummy Time October 6

Here's Miss Clara at 6.5 weeks old...tummy time fun on a Tuesday afternoon.