Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: What is the rudest question...

The perfect answer for that "why are you still single?"

WHY get married and make only one man happy.........?

I'd rather be single and make them ALL happy!

(that was my answer when I was young and out in the singles scene and it shut them up fast!)

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

It's got to be "Why are you so upset? It's just a dog" when Angus died.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

This was well over 20 years ago and I remember it as if it was yesterday...

My husband and I were going through infertility procedures and there were times certain things were happening and I had to get to the doctor's office at THAT MOMENT. My instructions were to just call and tell them I was on the way. EVERY TIME I called, the nurse/receptionist asked, "ARE YOU PREGNANT?" To which I did NOT reply, although I wanted to, "NO, STUPID, THAT'S THE PROBLEM!"
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

I've been asked the same question twice by this jerk in the mall here. It's one of those center kiosk (sp) things and the sales people are trying to sell their product. In this case it was these neck warmer wrap things. Anyway, I'm walking becide Quinn, and, not to toot my own horn or anything, but she's a stunning child. He looks at her, then looks at me, and then at her and gasps and says, "Oh my goodness, is she YOURS?" When I reply, "yes", he says (after looking at me then back at her, "WOW, she's gorgeous!". Yes I am aware she's a gorgeous child but Mister, I'm not a total hag. It's really insulting. That same man has said that same thing to me twice. I avoid that whole kiosk now. She is a pretty child, and I know I'm not a supermodel or anything, but I'm not a total hag and I am capable of producing a pretty child. GRRRR. It's so insulting. They way he says it, he's obviously surprised that such a pretty child is the product of me. I can't tell exactlly where he's from, but he has a strong accent (maybe Italian), so maybe in the country he's from, it's OK to be so rude.
    Last edited by AdoreMyDogs; 11-16-2009 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by K9karen View Post
    When I was in my teens, I was climbing steps from the train to the street, and two handsome, white collar guys (you never know) asked me how long it took me to learn how to get my big fat ass moving up the steps.

Wha? 30+ years later, 30 pounds lighter, I'm still haunted. I can see it as if it was yesterday.
    Karen I'm so angry at the miserable monsters that said that to you. Shame on them, those miserable jerks. When I was a young girl, I was about 12, I was in Santa Barbara, CA at my aunts house and she and a few of her friends were taking my family and I to a big ritzy party. I was (and still am) really sensetive, and this one perticular friend of my aunt was a horrible man. I was waiting for my brother and my dinner to be done in the microwave (we were having those frozen fried chicken pieces and were waiting on the chicken to finish cooking in the microwave) and this friend of my aunts said, "come on Leslie, you don't need to eat, you're fat enough". It took a few seconds to comprehend what he said (no grown-up had ever used those ugly words with me before) and then I ran out of the house crying. I'm still traumatized by that. How could anyone be so ugly, especially to a sweet child?

The thing that immediately comes to mind is (and I've received several versions of this question) Do you have all those birds to make up for the fact that you never had children?

Excuse me. . .I never wanted children. I did, however, want every single bird that I share my home with.

Last edited by Catherinedana; 11-16-2009 at 01:07 PM.

When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain

I can't think of any rude questions, but the annoying one has to do with Bruce and I not being married. It comes in many forms - Don't you want to get married? Doesn't he want to get married? Do you think you'll ever get married? Do you (does he) want kids?
    We've been together for almost 7 years, why get married? It's working just fine as it is. Besides, why is it anyone else's business if I'm married or not? I don't understand!!! If I weren't happy and insisted on being married I guess I would have left him years ago, right?

Laura, I love your response to the "why are you still single?" question. That's hilarious!!! I was asked that a lot back when I was single too. I wish I had that answer for them.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    Besides, why is it anyone else's business ...
    This is at the crux of so many rude questions. The simple answer is, it's NOT anyone else's business. Period.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Quote Originally Posted by AdoreMyDogs
    I've been asked the same question twice by this jerk in the mall here. It's one of those center kiosk (sp) things and the sales people are trying to sell their product. In this case it was these neck warmer wrap things. Anyway, I'm walking becide Quinn, and, not to toot my own horn or anything, but she's a stunning child. He looks at her, then looks at me, and then at her and gasps and says, "Oh my goodness, is she YOURS?" When I reply, "yes", he says (after looking at me then back at her, "WOW, she's gorgeous!". Yes I am aware she's a gorgeous child but Mister, I'm not a total hag. It's really insulting. That same man has said that same thing to me twice. I avoid that whole kiosk now. She is a pretty child, and I know I'm not a supermodel or anything, but I'm not a total hag and I am capable of producing a pretty child. GRRRR. It's so insulting. They way he says it, he's obviously surprised that such a pretty child is the product of me. I'm pretty sure he's Italian, the jerk. He's not trying to be a jerk, but he's not thinking about what he says before he says it.
    I've always thought that Quinn looks a lot like you..... he obviously has no idea what he is talking about....
    -Ellie

'If everyone else's opinion is what matters, then do you ever really have one of your own?'- Jodi Picoult, Nineteen Minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Catherinedana View Post
    The thing that immediately comes to mind is (and I've received several versions of this question) Do you have all those birds to make up for the fact that you never had children?

Excuse me. . .I never wanted children. I did, however, want ever single bird that I share my home with.

Me?

I would have given them the 'bird'.

---------

All you gals out there aren't alone.

My mom would ask me all the time, "when are you going to get married?"

Like most of us, we realized at one point in life that we weren't destined for that road in life.

My answer to them was, "I can't find anyone follish enough to marry me."

Parenthood is a huge responsibility and I think that most of us realized that we are not up to the challenge.

I mean, do they ask people "Don't you have enough kids?" to the people who have a baseball team in tow?

Only you would come up with that Richard..
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    --------

LOL,
    The gal I was dating asked me (Remember, I am half Mexican...) "What do you eat on Thanksgiving"?

I kept a straight face and told her, "Tacos, burritos, rice and beans".

She had a stunned look on her face and I laughed like a drunken idiot and told her, "what do YOU think?"

I am still laughing.

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

It was 1970 and I had spent the last 5 years working for NASA or NASA contractors. I decided to get out of the Aerospace world that seemed to revolve around musical jobs to work for who ever had the contact for astronics support. I was always employed but it required changing companies to stay with the contract. I wanted a little more stability.

I had received a job with Reliance Electric out of Euclid Ohio. I was going through a 6 month training program there in Euclid. One evening I was in a local establishment having a drink and was talking to a local. From his response to my answer to his question I have to assume his world was only as big as his TV set.

He ask me where I was from, maybe because of my accent or maybe he was just curious. When I responded "Alabama" he said, "Reliance must really be getting hard up to start hiring people out of the south." I was so dumfounded by his little world response I was speechless.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    I mean, do they ask people "Don't you have enough kids?" to the people who have a baseball team in tow?
    Maybe more like, "How can you live in a house with all those kids?" rather than dogs, cats or birds!!!!

MY kids go to sleep when it gets dark and are quiet all night!
    MY kids get put in a cage with a door for a time-out when they misbehave!
    MY kids don't beg me for things whenever I go into a store.
    MY kids love me unconditionally no matter what I look like, how much money I have or what kind of car I drive and do not expect to be driven by limosine to the school prom.

OK - 'nough said.

When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    And I'll bet it's not the obvious!

I say fingernails.....

I know what you're thinking Mary - but I couldn't resist!
    LOL, you and RICHARD should team up.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by K9karen View Post
    When I was in my teens, I was climbing steps from the train to the street, and two handsome, white collar guys (you never know) asked me how long it took me to learn how to get my big fat ass moving up the steps.

Wha? 30+ years later, 30 pounds lighter, I'm still haunted. I can see it as if it was yesterday.
    Bad enough to say that anyhow but to a teenage girl yet? Deplorable! In my fantasy, you roundhoused both of them and down those steps they went.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11