Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Tell us something about you!

Wow, This thread must be heaven sent!!!!

I weighed 5 lbs, 3 and 1/2 lbs at birth, and I live a stone throw away from the very home I was taken to:

I am the runt of the litter, (6 girls )

I love poetry, literature,music, art and making people laugh!!

I am afraid of snakes!!!!

I married my high school boyfriend and I still have a major CRUSH on him!!!!(he is a knock out)

I have 3 grown children, oh, I so love children too!!

I write many of my dreams in a journal. (trying to interpret them )

I love to "Dance" , "Sing", and "Paint with Oils"

I am near sighted ,

I am a passive person, always have been.

and, I am addicted to Pet Talk

- I am a people pleaser...I have an extremely hard time saying no, even if someone asks me to do something I really don't want to.

- I'm very uncomfortable around kids

- I don't have any friends my age...all are older than me, because I have nothing in common with the people my age around here

- I've never worn makeup, I can't stand the stuff

- I've never had a boyfriend...I have no interest, most people think I'm weird because of that

- I don't like being in the dark by myself...if I have to walk around in the dark when everyone is in bed, Tango comes with me (I wouldn't call it a fear, not really sure what it is)

- I won't go in the basement by myself, Tango has to come with me (again, I wouldn't call it a fear)

- I'm shy/uncomfortable around new people, it takes me a while to get comfortable with someone

- I can't stand hair, I think it's the most annoying thing ever. I always wear mine up, out of my face.

- I have a very hard time saving money, and, I never spend money on myself...I always buy something for Tango

- I'm somewhat obsessed with my three favourite dog breeds

That's all I can think of for now, if I think of more, I'll add them.

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

3. Quote Originally Posted by Orangutango
    - I am a people pleaser...I have an extremely hard time saying no, even if someone asks me to do something I really don't want to.
    Same here on the people pleaser thing... i will also be very polite and never state my true opinion of whatever if that person asks me about it. (for example) friend of mine asked if i liked her flower drawings... and i lied and said yes.. cuz i dont want to hurt her...

also what i am into and like.. im REALLY into and like it.. whatever it is.
    i take my hobbies and stuff i enjoy seriously... maybe.. a little to seriously..
    and then theres Coldplay..

yes arent i interesting.

* I'm 14 and yet I'm nearly 6 foot
    * I am double jointed in both legs, which means I can get my foot to touch my head, and I can turn each leg to the side and tuck my feet underneath my armpits!
    * I've never been without a pet in my entire life (yay! touch wood)
    *I've always lived in the same house
    *I'm not really afraid of anything, but tornados kind of give me the creeps
    * I have only ever broken 1 bone, my little finger on my right hand, when my brother jumped on it. Now that finger is slightly wonky and when I bend it I can feel the bones moving together
    * I have another finger which kind of turns to the side from the knuckle upwards (I have weird fingers )
    * I won a scholarship for my school
    * I am long-sighted in my left eye, and short-sighted in the right, but I only wear glasses for reading things far away
    * I don't particularly like mixing with people, I prefer just to keep very close friends rather than have lots of not so close ones
    *I've been horse-riding since I was 4, but lost my confidence really badly twice, especially after I had a near-death experience when I was thrown off a horse into a wall. I keep going back though, I must be mad!
    * I speak French and German
    * I am a Manchester United fan
    * I am an atheist
    * I knew all my times tables up to twelve before I turned 4
    * I've had chicken pox twice!
    * I've wanted to be a vet ever since I was about 5, before that I wanted to be a jockey, a ballerina, a popstar or a zoo-owner! When I was 6, my doctor asked me why I wanted to be a vet instead of a doctor. I replied 'because animals are deserving! People aren't!'
    * The names of the pets I had before I came to PT were Brando (British Blue cat), Bo-peep (mini lop rabbit) Cookie (lionhead x dutch rabbit) Marble, Flanaghan, Swizzels, Squiggles, Squeaky, Peppy, Sherbert and Lemon (roborovski hamsters)

Whew, that's about enough for now, perhaps I'll post more later

Zimbabwe 07/13

ok here it goes for me, not all but some I can thnk of right now:

* I´m obssesed with Huskies, Wolves and Big Cats (especially Panthers, Tigers and Lions)
    *I´m a Leo and I´m very true to it
    *When i´m in a pool i always think of sharks an whales coming to eat me (not fear like but a thought)
    * I wish I knew martial arts
    *while growing up I was madly in love with Jean Claude Van Damme LOL
    * I´m always thinking of someone else (if i go to a store i think "xx" would like this, i should buy this for "xx")
    * I´m a good listener (I learned that because people tend to tell me stuff without me insisting, (very personal stuff))
    * I love to laugh and my tummy and jaws to hurt by it
    * I wanted to be a Ninja (hence my dogs name)
    * a bit weirder but i also wanted to be a sniper
    *I´m prety much more a tomboy
    * I don´t have girl friends I tend to have more boy friends (don´t know why, well maybe becase of the above )
    * I was always on trees as a kid
    *I need more than 8 hours of sleep, but I can go with no sleep for days
    * I love to feel the rush of last minute "homework" "papers" "proyects" to do and besides they come out nicer
    * I´m allergic to eggs
    * I don´t drink milk
    *I LOVE CHEEESEEEE!!!! (ok i need some right now) there´s NOTHING I eat without cheese (well except the blue kind of cheese, that just grosses me out)
    *I can´t swallow pills also, so i have to crush them to powder LOL (when I even take them as I refuse medication unless I have to)

and the last of this batch, because I think I´ve extended a bit

* I LIKE SKUNK SMELL!!! yeah, you read right I´m such a weirdo (not that I like a skunk to spray me on the face, but I rather like the smell)
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

I was named Gayle because I was born during a blizzard in Winnipeg in November of 1965, almost got called Blizzard or Stormy. They settled on Gale (a big wind) and put a Y in the middle.

I am 5 feet tall and 100 lbs at age 40, same as I was in high school.

I weighted in at 4 lbs 6 oz when I was born.

I've had pets all of my life and will continue to do so.

My younger brother and sister both died 20 years ago this year. Both car accidents, 3 months apart.

I had surgery in April of this year to remove a mass from my left breast, I'm fine and glad it is over.

I currently have one dog (Sasha) and one ferret (Sebastian), they are the loves of my life.

I love football and hockey.

I love to cook, hate to eat.

I've been coloring my hair (lighter) since I was 17, when I found the first of many grey hairs.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

I was born very premature and had to be in one of those inclosed plastic cribs after I was born and my parents couldn’t take me home.

I learned to run soon after walking and ran face first into a TV and needed stitches above my eye. The same day that the doctor took my stitches out I fell out of a wagon, pulled by my brother, and had to go back for more stitches in the same spot.

I had a teacher refer to me as a human sponge. I retain most of what I hear and rarely have to study. However, if I don’t use things that I learned I forget them after a week or so.

Due to the above fact, I can’t stand comprehensive finals.

I pre-worry about everything .

I enjoy the company of friends, but often need to be alone.

I place my pets needs above the needs of other humans and often myself.

I love seafood!

I can’t stand anything near my eyes, so have never used eye drops.

I’d rather be outside than inside.

I’ve never lived outside of Southern California.

When surfing or riding jet skis in the ocean I do everything possible to prevent my feet from dangling in the water.

I won’t go in the water for days and sometimes weeks after watching Jaws.

I am a grandmother of one and don't want to change that to more. Stefanie's going to be 11 on Wednesday and she's all I need.

I am not crazy about kids, but love cats and dogs.

I avoid crowds. I like people, but only a couple at a time. At gatherings, I'm the one in another room or outside, alone.

I really like to construct things. I have a lot of tools and a sewing machine for my projects.

I'm not into music much but like "Old Time Rock & Roll" best.

Marriage/relationships don't interest me. I like my own company. As my sister says, "you better. After all, wherever you go, there YOU are".

I'm very industrious. Always doing something. Or reading.

Opinionated, but willing to change my opinion if facts warrant.

Impatient

Pragmatic

-I'm vegetarian
    -My favorite animal is elephants
    -I want to be taller, I'm 5'8
    -I love watching Ellen's talk show
    -I love pepsi
    -I have garden burgers almost everynight. (love them)
    -In 3 years I am getting a standard poodle
    -My biggest fears are snakes, I cry when I see them
    -I work at a dog kennel
    -I am starting animal therapy with one of my close friends
    -I am a junior
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

Mary, we are the same person!

I played soccer from the time I was 5-25, and can't really do a single other sport.

I am deathly afraid of snakes(even though Cathy B has been helpful with that).

I. Love. Cats. All kinds, and tried to give my father one as a gift for his birthday when I was about 12 or so. Didn't work.

I still, on occasion, will 'scoot' up the basement stairs quickly in the evening.

I have had 4 knee surgeries, broken a collarbone, wrist, finger, and had several other surgeries.

I subscribe to the theory, "if they make a medication to make things or me feel better, give me the prescription" (no martyring here, folks).

I need lots of sleep, and fresh air at night time (which makes sleeping in the a/c kind of tough).

I have no allergies, food intolerances, etc., and have NEVER been too sick/tired/busy to eat.

I am afraid to have lasik done, hate wearing glasses, and my contacts bug me.

I **need** to bleach my teeth.

And, finally? I HATE to shower. (Poor Kay, we can never really be married, eh?)

Let's see....

I was 6lbs 15oz when I was born.

I was born with long finger nails and eye lashes so the doctors think I was in the oven longer than first thought.

I will take a sick pet to the doctor right away, even taking off work to do so, but I wait until I have to go for myself.

I am VERY allergic to cats.

My left pinky finger has a line like and extra joint, but it doesn't bend.

I learned my left from my right from the above, and I sometimes still check my left finger to make sure it's the left.

I had Lasik surgery a year and a half ago.

My absolute favorite color is and always has been pink.

In some ways I'm a girly girl, but in others I'm a tomboy.

I love makeup and I wear a lot of eye makeup.

I only have one biological sibling, my older brother and he's gay. (When my mom says, "DI, ALL my friends are grandma's. What's the hold up?" I tell her to blame her son. Well he IS the older one! )

My aunt, mom's sis, died when I was 14 years old. She was like a 2nd mom to me. Her daughters, my first cousins, are like my sister's now. One lives with us when she's not away at school. One(the one that lives with us) is my age, 25, and the other will be 20 in November.

The above mentioned 25 year old cousin/sister is exactly to the day 3 weeks younger than I am. Our mom’s were pregnant together. 

That's it for now.
    Last edited by My Peanuts; 08-09-2006 at 04:18 PM.
    Billy and Willy! (2 of my 4)

I am VERY afraid of spiders & heights. (my only 2 phobias)

I used to DESPISE cats. (REALLY despise them, now I have 3)

I do not HATE anyone, it is too strong of a word. (I do dislike a few though)

I am not allergic to anything. (anymore, knock on wood)

I get social anxiety, sometimes so bad that I don't even want to talk to anyone on the phone or internet let alone in person, even with friends & family. Yet at the same time I *usually* do better in large crowds than smaller ones.

I weighed only 1.3 lbs at birth and was born 2 (I think) months early. I was in an & out of an incubator until I was 6 months of age.

I bite the skin around my nails but not my nails.

I do not like to talk on the phone.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE kids but can not deal with them on a daily basis.

I am always willing to help others yet rarely help myself.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

In no particular order....

- I'm single and plan to stay that way forever. Boys are stupid, throw rocks at them.
    - I fear heights. This probably came as a result from flying with my dad. He used to pretend that we were stalling out and were going to die.
    - I don't plan on having kids of my own (no husband = no kids), but would like to adopt.
    - I'm not looking forward to graduating high school and have no current plans to attend a college.
    - I love, LOVE, LOVE water and fire.
    - I'm rather fond of the dark and like to sit outside at night, especially when it's pouring rain.
    - I HATE rollercoasters.
    - I've got red hair.
    - I wear glasses. Had contacts once, but found poking myself in the eye twice a day to be too tiresome to keep up with.
    - My skin is very pale. I once got asked if I glowed in the dark when walking under flourescent lighting. (sp?)
    - I like small spaces as a rule. I think it makes me feel more safe or something *shrugs*
    - I DO feel claustrophobic, however, when I'm in a crowd. Let's face it... people scare me. Sometimes it's hard to breath and I've got to get out. But I do well in a small group of friends. Then you just gotta try and hold me back.
    - There is seldom a day that goes by when at least two people don't tell me they think I'm strange/crazy. Maybe it has something ot do with my barking or the way I think it would be cool to own a straight jacket?
    - I am a crime show junkie. I would list all of the shows I love to watch, but I don't think we have that much time.

Ok, ok... enough about me then. It's been great to learn more about everybody. Great thread!

~Danny~
    [19 y/o Crazed Human Female]

-The Dogs-
    Mac
    [6 y/o female BC/German Shepherd/Lab]
    Julie
    [9 y/o female Siberian Husky/Alaskan Malamute]
    Angel
    [7 y/o female German Shepherd/Lab]
    J.W.
    [6 y/o male BC/German Shepherd/Lab]
    R.B. Blackfoot
    [16 y/o Lab/German Shepherd]

-The Horses-
    Prissy
    [12 y/o Bay Tobiano Paint Mare]
    Miracles Happen
    [5 y/o Solid Bay Paint/Quarter Horse Mare]

Quote Originally Posted by The_Duck
    In no particular order....

- I'm single and plan to stay that way forever. Boys are stupid, throw rocks at them.
    !

This literally made me laugh out loud!
    Billy and Willy! (2 of my 4)

Whenever I leave the house I'm always afraid that I forgot to lock the door.

I fall asleep better when I have the tv on.

I'm very short, I'm around 5'1".

I don't wear makeup and I keep my hair very short, however I love buying expensive hair products.

I'm the pickest eater ever. I have the eating habits of a stereotypical 5 year old. I don't like vegetables and I like my food very plain. When someone invites me to a restraunt I always check to see if I can find the menu online first before I accept the invitation.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!